Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Anyone else feel like I do? * 1
    #2430872 - 03/14/04 10:05 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

That the world is fucking insane?

I read news headlines, and I just wonder what the hell is wrong with people. I will let the comdey of Bill Hick's speak for me:

"I don't understand anything, so there you go. You know my problem, I watch too much news, man, that's my problem. That's why I'm so depressed all the time, I figured it out. I watch too much CNN, man. I don't know if you've ever sat around and watched CNN longer than, say, 20 hours in one day? I don't recommend that. Watch CNN 'Headline News' for one hour, it's the most depressing thing you'll ever fucking do.
WAR, FAMINE, DEATH, AIDS, HOMELESS, RECESSION, DEPRESSION.
WAR, FAMINE, DEATH, AIDS, HOMELESS . . .
Then you look out your window (chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp).
Where's all this shit happening? Ted Turner is making this shit up, man! Jane Fonda won't sleep with him, he runs to a typewriter!"

Rather than get caught up in the insanity of the world, I've decided to just create my own rational world. Yes sirre, life makes so much more sense when you can laugh at it.  :bong::3rd_eye::yesnod:

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: Twirling]
    #2430883 - 03/14/04 10:13 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

That's funny stuff....yeah you gotta be able to laugh!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: Ripple]
    #2430889 - 03/14/04 10:17 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

we're part of the small minority of sane people hehe

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: Locus]
    #2430891 - 03/14/04 10:19 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

anything's possible

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: Locus]
    #2430900 - 03/14/04 10:27 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

are you the sane amongst the insane, or the insane amongst the sane?  :grin:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: gdman]
    #2430906 - 03/14/04 10:29 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

:confused:

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2430922 - 03/14/04 10:34 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

just playing with what locus said

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2430927 - 03/14/04 10:34 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

bill hicks is great

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2430928 - 03/14/04 10:35 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

it don't take much this morning......

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2431091 - 03/14/04 11:53 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

I love you guys... hehe

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #2431132 - 03/14/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Well, you can thank cockboy Bush for a large majority of this, although the terrorist attacks would have filped us upside-down either way, Bush has dragged on all this shit and this country has just changed into this right wing go get um redneck attitude and no one even cares that our basic freedoms are slowing slipping away in the midst of all this, I just can't believe how easily Bush morphed Osama in Sadaam, people are getting dumber and the government is taking advantage of it to no end.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2431243 - 03/14/04 12:30 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Seriously, sometimes i wonder if all the shit in the news is actually real. The whole peterson case, i bet is made up, i mean, they havet to get people to watch, why not make it up, it wouldnt be that hard. I havea fealing that its all bullshit. We cant rely on the news because its TV, TV is crap, they will do anything to get poeple to watch it.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2431288 - 03/14/04 12:45 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah, the world is completely nuts.

In one of Douglas Adams' novels there is a guy who built his house inside-out. When you open his front door you step "out" of his house into a square of lawn that he lives on. He did this to "live outside of the asylum" :smirk:

The news is absolutely fucked. I had a doctor tell me, a year or two ago while I was suffering from quite a bit of anxiety, that I should avoid reading the news at all. She said some people are very good at picking up the connections between events and that this gives them anxiety.

So I quit paying attention to the world for a while. Got rid of my anxiety. Now I pay attention again. The difference in the world between the time I stopped paying attention and started again was pretty astounding.

You know what? I find it wildly amusing now. The world is sending itself to shit via FedEx overnight express...and it's funny. :lol:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2431425 - 03/14/04 01:36 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Cubieman420 said:
Well, you can thank cockboy Bush for a large majority of this, although the terrorist attacks would have filped us upside-down either way, Bush has dragged on all this shit and this country has just changed into this right wing go get um redneck attitude and no one even cares that our basic freedoms are slowing slipping away in the midst of all this, I just can't believe how easily Bush morphed Osama in Sadaam, people are getting dumber and the government is taking advantage of it to no end.

Serouisly. People were attacked and it caused a great deal of pain in people. As a leader, I would be mostly concerned in trying to heal the damage done to people, whereas Bush as exploited people's fears and actually made them MORE afraid simply to use it to his agenda. He made it into an us vs. them mentality of either you're with us, or are a terrorist. He's acted on the premisis that since he's fighting terrorism, nothing he's done is wrong.

Speaking of the media, let's let Bill Hicks tackle this again...

?if any of ya?ll been watching public access and seen the footage, which was not shown on any major news media source, of the Bradley tanks shooting fire into the compound, which I think went against the party line story, which was that they shot tear gas in order to ?help the mother and children out? to convince them to get out, while they were deciding to destroy the compound. And anyway, the major news said the branch dividians started the fire, correct me if I go off the story here, and all they did was shoot in tear gas. And yet I?ve seen with my own eyes and my ? squeegeed third eye  :3rd_eye: , footage of a Bradly tank shooting fire into the compound. Which isn?t it odd that no major news source picked up on that? How do you think that?s news worthy? Because basically, that means the government, the FBI, the ATF, up to Janet Reno including Clinton, are liars and murders! *crowd laughs* Wait, there?s more! The implications are vast, and if the ATF and FBI had any honor, they?d commit hari kari, because they are liars and murders. ?We had to bust the compound down because we heard there was child molestation going on..? If that?s true how come we never see Bradley tanks smashing into Catholic churches?"

InvisibleliloldmeFacebook
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8
    #23174982 - 05/01/16 02:43 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
That the world is fucking insane?

I read news headlines, and I just wonder what the hell is wrong with people. I will let the comdey of Bill Hick's speak for me:

"I don't understand anything, so there you go. You know my problem, I watch too much news, man, that's my problem. That's why I'm so depressed all the time, I figured it out. I watch too much CNN, man. I don't know if you've ever sat around and watched CNN longer than, say, 20 hours in one day? I don't recommend that. Watch CNN 'Headline News' for one hour, it's the most depressing thing you'll ever fucking do.
WAR, FAMINE, DEATH, AIDS, HOMELESS, RECESSION, DEPRESSION.
WAR, FAMINE, DEATH, AIDS, HOMELESS . . .
Then you look out your window (chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp).
Where's all this shit happening? Ted Turner is making this shit up, man! Jane Fonda won't sleep with him, he runs to a typewriter!"

Rather than get caught up in the insanity of the world, I've decided to just create my own rational world. Yes sirre, life makes so much more sense when you can laugh at it.  :bong::3rd_eye::yesnod:

After my Iraq deployment I feel like ever breath I take in-between the real world madness is an illusion. I'm just patiently waiting by for the next explosion.. It's fucked, imagine being a 17 yo and every bomb you dig up they try and kill you with has your US MILITARY logo stamped on it, wtf...

Edited by liloldme (05/01/16 03:16 AM)

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: liloldme]
    #23174986 - 05/01/16 02:50 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Turn off the news brotha and live your life. I''m at my happiest when I disconnect from all the bullshit.
It works trust me

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineBjorn_Stormcrow
The Farfarer.
Male

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: psikooz]
    #23175328 - 05/01/16 08:18 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psikooz said:
Seriously, sometimes i wonder if all the shit in the news is actually real. The whole peterson case, i bet is made up, i mean, they havet to get people to watch, why not make it up, it wouldnt be that hard. I havea fealing that its all bullshit. We cant rely on the news because its TV, TV is crap, they will do anything to get poeple to watch it.

Why would you assume that they need to make something up.
There are over 7 billion idiotic monkeys on this planet.  Is it really so hard to believe that at least one of them would do something really shitty at any given moment?

--------------------
Live Mythically

Offlinehex_enduction
satta massa gana
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: Bjorn_Stormcrow] * 1
    #23175431 - 05/01/16 09:10 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

News is bullshit fear mongering and I honestly don't even believe half the shit I hear. I was at a McDonald's the other day and listening to the Fox News bullshit they always have playing and the dude was talking about some kid who killed his parents or some shit. You think people want to fucking hear that shit while they're eating? Fucking garbage, and such a massive perversion of what the spirit of journalism is all about.

If you watch the news religiously like some people do, I don't fuck with you.

Sorry, this shit was just getting me riled the other day. Sick of living in this fuckin' dystopia :sad:

--------------------

Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: hex_enduction] * 1
    #23175708 - 05/01/16 10:23 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Epic bump. I saw Twirling thread + Ripple posts & was all :omgawesome::omgawesome::omgawesome: until I saw the dates on the posts.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Anyone else feel like I do? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #23175751 - 05/01/16 10:31 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Epic bump. I saw Twirling thread + Ripple posts & was all :omgawesome::omgawesome::omgawesome: until I saw the dates on the posts.

same

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order