Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Helping those who have attempted suicide [Re: pachoo] * 1
    #24316496 - 05/13/17 11:46 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry my patience is absolute shit these days. And my people tolerance is about on par with weed tolerance. As in I have none.

I've counselled so many people through dark spots in their lives. Talked many away from their suicidal thoughts. Dealing with my mom, with my family... My compassion and consideration for other people has come very far down in the last few years.
In the end there wasn't alot I could do because, in part I was not fit to do it, and in part they would not let me. My entire goddamn family is like this, the "don't want to be a burden" sort. And I'm included in that. There are loads of other problems, including an avoidance and ignorance of problems, but I'll spare you of that.

Ironically what it was that shaped my mothers life and got her out of that dark hole was the same thing that followed my own suicide attempt... a spiritual purpose. Something that goes well beyond the small little "us" things. Some "one" to talk to when you have no one else. Someone you can beg to for help when you are too prideful to ask anyone else.
There's a bitter taste in my mouth saying that. Mostly because communication is almost always a base problem in human suffering.

My parents drove me nuts with trying to convert me to christianity for a while but they finally did tone it down and it seems to be working for them. I don't think it's nearly all they needed... but it is more than a crutch. People do need purpose in life. Otherwise there is no reason to be alive. And that's always dangerous ground to tread on.

Does your mom have any friends Pachoo?

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #24317888 - 05/14/17 12:07 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry about your mom pachoo. Just be there for her, help he as needed with phone calls and some thoughtful cards. Should help her a bit.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Helping those who have attempted suicide [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24317934 - 05/14/17 12:57 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

@Cookie - Dude, it's all good. I know that feeling man. But not the weed thing :lol: But I do know those who do get cranky without.

I don't mind the discussion, just maybe not in this thread. I can understand from both points of views and have felt anger towards those who attempt or have gone through with this.

At the moment I don't think she really has friends anymore. She might have pushed them all away. But she only usually had one or two at a time when I was growing up. Being a military family, friends move away and people just lose touch.

@ Logical - Thanks man, that's all I know how to do. She seems to have gotten over the hysteria part of this situation so that's good.

--------------------

:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Helping those who have attempted suicide [Re: pachoo]
    #24317943 - 05/14/17 01:07 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Did u find out why she feels suicidal? Some event or maybe just feeling like no one cares about her?

Is it severe depression maybe? Chemical imbalances?

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

Re: Helping those who have attempted suicide [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24319141 - 05/14/17 04:04 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

It's a cluster of reasons but I know how and why it happened. My whole family on her side suffers from depression and trauma, but we are all a bunch of optimists as well. And I think the situation she is in now just further pushed her down in the dumps mentally. Even if she put herself in this situation to begin with, her intentions was to be happy.

It's a super long story so I will spare it for now. There's just so much compounded things for the past decade to be honest.

My mother and I would often talk about strength. And the night it happened and I got to speak to her she said "You know... you just take life and you think you are so strong. So strong. And then you aren't...and you want to be done." And the way she said it I think she knew I would understand more than my siblings about it. She's been through a hella lot in life and she tries so hard to be happy only to be smacked down again. 

Hopefully this makes sense right now.... because I am starting to become pretty scrambled up in my head

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24320928 - 05/15/17 10:41 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Nah man I'm not cranky cuz I can't pot. Tho it does annoy me that I can't indulge all the habits I used to. I'm "cranky" because the topic infuriates me. We are a culture that hides pain, distances itself from reality and meaningful relations, while also denying meaningful purpose and personal reason. We are a society that perpetuates nothing of true meaning.
Others have family, or religion, or country. We have systematically removed our culture from all these things. And rightfully so to some degree, but the things often chosen to fill the void are toxic and volatile.

It's no coincidence that I've met so many people suffering existential crisis... We have some of the highest suicide rates EVER recorded right now. Along with a drug epidemic and mental illness outbreak. It frankly pisses me the fuck off with how we seem to ignore this. we perpetuate it. And it pisses me off that I've surrendered so much of my patience and empathy to become just another piece of a grand problem that does far worse than drive people to suicide. It leaves them hollow. I am a part of that now and I hate myself for it. Because I've been forced to focus on me. Because I have very little room or energy to give empathy or even offer sympathy.

My replies to this thread, even a year ago, would be very different from what they are now.

I don't mean to ramble about my own problems, I am just very tired of being misunderstood. My intensity and passion has had a dark twist to it lately and I can't say I'm proud of that.

Not rambling for my own ventilation (entirely) that does have some relevance to what I'm about to say. I've been suicidal or just had a general death wish for the majority of nearly 20 years now. I've done alot of terrible reckless shit but only made one serious attempt to take my life. I lived because the method I chose gave me time to realize what an incredible waste it was. There are so many bad people in the world helping to make it this dark place I've always seen.... Why would I take out one potential source of light? why would I deny myself to live up to that potential? to be a source of hope, of much needed help.

It is not pretending to be strong and hiding our weakness that makes us strong, it is learning in our moments of weakness and getting back up again with a new found perspective.

Afterwards I became invested into philosophy and spirituality, in knowledge of all kinds, and giving myself freely as a source of help. I formed what I have called my own religion, which gives me purpose in my life beyond anything life itself would offer, I went back to school to study ecology in the hopes that one day I could get into conservation, and I volunteered both formally and informally to helping make my small little patch of the world a cleaner more beautiful place to be alive in.

It's worked for 8 years. It is still working, though not as well... Even still years ago, dealing with what I have in the last few years, I would have quit my job and started drinking myself to death by now without all the philosophies and beliefs I have pushing me on.

I would call what I am experiencing now frustration beyond frustration. And I have hopes it will be getting better soon.

Hope is a vital part of life. Without hopes and dreams, without something to strive for and look forward to, life is very dark indeed.

So with that in mind... Is your mom retired? if so does she have hobbies?
Do you think she would be open to attend some kind of religious ceremony or sermon? or meditation or spiritual ritual? shit even massages can be found with spiritual undertones these days (what some call healing touch or reikki)

I believe there are 3 parts to being alive and they are the mind, the body, and the soul. We must take care of all of these things. And part of taking care of them is sharing them with others.

Volunteering tends to be different from formal employment, depending where you go, it's a good way to meet people and get involved with something you're interested in. As well as giving you a purpose and a reason to get out of bed.

Exercise and counseling are always to be recommended but I almost always advise more than that because those, while stress relieving and somewhat depression lifting, do not fill the void and provide a purpose.

Human beings are not meant to be solitary selfish people. Loneliness feeds some of the very worst demons.

I am here, almost every day, often offering advice and providing what perspective I can even in my bad moods and ill health. Even when it does more harm than good. Not really because it is my purpose in life but because it is who I am. My life has not been spent fighting the shadows but fighting to bring my true self and the light I hold out of the shadows.

Been a colossal failure there lately but it is a season and it will pass. So long as I keep fighting.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Invisiblebirdeatingspider
Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Loc: so many roads
Re: Helping those who have attempted suicide [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24321060 - 05/15/17 11:54 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Pachoo, is your mom artsy?  Perhaps making a collage or painting a birdhouse could provide healthy bonding and socialization.  Its important not everything is focused on the attempt and some aspects of life kept light and fluffy, I believe.

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:There are so many bad people in the world helping to make it this dark place I've always seen.... Why would I take out one potential source of light?
It is not pretending to be strong and hiding our weakness that makes us strong, it is learning in our moments of weakness and getting back up again with a new found perspective... ...Hope is a vital part of life. Without hopes and dreams, without something to strive for and look forward to, life is very dark indeed.

That is some fine optimism and a great reality to live in.  Glad youre around.

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#24321202 - 05/15/17 01:13 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I think you might have misunderstood me about your crankiness. I feel the same amount of frustration with this topic as I have most of the same outlooks you do. I have willfully tried with all of my being to not end up bitter about life and people in general for all the crappy shit that I have seen and have been hurt with. I too am completely aware and disappointed in the resources and basic lack of happiness affecting our society today for numerous reasons.

I was just commenting on the fact that I don't understand the weed crankey but I know someone who does.

To answer your questions. My mom is not retired and has a very active job but it is a really good job as well. We are Wiccan but are more spiritual than anything and she often finds herself in solitary meditation with it more than I do. An update into her progress is that being in the ward she is learning a ton of better coping and getting her medications correct. Still has intrusive thoughts but they are slowly being handled by her and now she is looking eagerly into the future. She's had constructive hobbies over the years and I think once she removes herself from the bad situation they will come back naturally to her.

@ bird - My mom is pretty artsy, as is my whole family kind of. At this moment though, she wants to renovate a whole house than construct a birdhouse. :lol: I told her not to bite off more than she can chew. But I can understand this as well, as the best things to fix, is fixing something that is inanimate when you feel you cannot fix people. I would love to help her in this en devour but I am states away from her at the moment.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24321444 - 05/15/17 02:47 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

That's good to hear.

And I don't think I misunderstood you as much as I failed to explain myself :facepalm: bad communication is part of my problem... Which is why I tend to ramble. In the hope I'll eventually say something that makes some sort of sense :lol:

I am wondering if maybe y'all should consider going to one of these green magic Wicca gathering things. I think that'd be cool. And it would be a nice way to meet interesting like-minded people.

What does she do for work? does she work with other people or is she isolated? is it a high stress high pressure job?

--------------------

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo

#24321535 - 05/15/17 03:13 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

:lol: Dude, I just got scolded for not listening today from my bf. I am terrible at communication. Always in my head kind of thing. I can tell that if we were talking face to face we'd totally be all good with communication. Or confuse ourselves haha

I should look some of those up for her. I know some of where I am but not her. Hrmm....

She works at Lowes but behind the scenes type things. She is always on call around her full time work as well. Might be a distributor? I'm not sure. I just know it's very stressful but she's very happy to have the job.

--------------------

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

#24322862 - 05/15/17 11:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I recently, less than a week ago, lost a friend to hanging himself. Somehow I am the only one who understands why he did it. My mom has tried, 2 times that I know of. I,on many days, think of it. Life seems so pointless. Like WTF do I even try anymore if all I get is pain and suffering. The ONLY reason I can ever come up with is my 5 year old son. I post this in the hope that ANYONE can help me feel better. ALL I see anymore is a dark tunnel of despair in which there is no escape but death. I am a sad and miserable mother fucker.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Helping those who have attempted suicide [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24323816 - 05/16/17 10:00 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

pachoo said:
:lol: Dude, I just got scolded for not listening today from my bf. I am terrible at communication. Always in my head kind of thing. I can tell that if we were talking face to face we'd totally be all good with communication. Or confuse ourselves haha

I should look some of those up for her. I know some of where I am but not her. Hrmm....

She works at Lowes but behind the scenes type things. She is always on call around her full time work as well. Might be a distributor? I'm not sure. I just know it's very stressful but she's very happy to have the job.

Probably would just end up stupid confused :lol:

Well the main reason I ask about her employment is most people who are otherwise antisocial get their needed social interactions through work. Not getting any there makes it much more important to get it somewhere else. I would look into some things in her area she might be interested in doing where she could meet other people. If not to make friends then to just do something fun and get a little social exposure.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Helping those who have attempted suicide [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24323824 - 05/16/17 10:05 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheMadHatter420 said:
I recently, less than a week ago, lost a friend to hanging himself. Somehow I am the only one who understands why he did it. My mom has tried, 2 times that I know of. I,on many days, think of it. Life seems so pointless. Like WTF do I even try anymore if all I get is pain and suffering. The ONLY reason I can ever come up with is my 5 year old son. I post this in the hope that ANYONE can help me feel better. ALL I see anymore is a dark tunnel of despair in which there is no escape but death. I am a sad and miserable mother fucker.

I always advice people to find something more to live for than a person. Having people is important but long term depression or just general failures in normal relationships can quickly lead to the idea that life is pointless, because you invested your entire point in being into one person who, eventually, won't be so dependent on you. Which is a good thing really.

You could probably take alot of advice from similar threads. And I'd also recommend making your own to talk a little more freely without distracting from the person/people of concern here.

Also I am sorry about your friend.

--------------------

OfflineStarstepper
AI Brobot
Male User Gallery

Loc: The blip on the radar Flag
    #24325105 - 05/16/17 06:09 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry to hear about that sweet pachoo. Stay positive things will get better. They always do. Sounds like you did the heavy lifting and handled it well when it all went down. Good for you. Anxiety and pain are things that are hard to understand if you haven't experienced them chronically. Sometimes people make mistakes to try escape them. Luckily you were there to help. Sometimes help like that can resonate heavily and launch someone's view into a better perspective. :happyheart:

--------------------
:darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale