Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBLuEFroG
Old MFer
Male

Loc: Eastern Coast
Am I wierd?
    #2429645 - 03/13/04 10:14 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

I just wanted to know if it was wierd of me to get uncomfortable when I am trippin on shrooms with friends... I am perfectly comfortable when I am in my room, by myself. I don't know if it is a lack of trust or something of that nature, but the trip always turns bad. Also, I have this one friend who doesnt do anything but is always with us to make sure we dont do anything too dumb, could he be the reason? Am I uncomfortable because I feel awkward around the sober dude? I dont know, but I always feel like I NEED to leave.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvangeliontx
Unleaded only

Re: Am I wierd? [Re: BLuEFroG]
    #2429689 - 03/13/04 10:24 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

to be honest id say shroom are a solo exercise where as acid is a group adventure.

Correct me if im wrong.

Anonymous

Re: Am I wierd? [Re: Evangeliontx]
    #2429809 - 03/13/04 10:54 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

If you're uncomfortable when you trip with your friends, it's probably because you're worried about them judging you.

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I wierd? [Re: ]
    #2429995 - 03/13/04 11:57 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

I only like to trip with two different people because I can let go with them around and they won't bother me. Some people keep asking "hey, what are you doing?" and worry if others are seeing the same thing etc. I like people that shut the fuck up and get lost in their minds.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Am I wierd? [Re: Dankman]
    #2430090 - 03/14/04 12:32 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Dankman said:
I like people that shut the fuck up and get lost in their minds.

Amen to that.  :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2430329 - 03/14/04 02:41 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Whenever I trip with new people, I have a tendency to become very preoccupied with how their trip is going (I worry that one of them will have a bad trip) and I forget about my own. Maybe that is happening?

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Am I wierd? [Re: the free thinker]
    #2430332 - 03/14/04 02:42 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Ya I like tripping only with one or two close friends usually so I can let go because you pretty much have to let go completely to have fun on shrooms. But I wouldn't shroom in silence or something, it's more fun if everybody is talking about what they're seeing and thinking so your trips can head in a kind of collective adventure direction.

--------------------
]

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2430416 - 03/14/04 03:31 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

often times there is a communication breakdown after a trip.... It can throw all sorts of strange vibes around the room.

I always just remember that I'm kind of in the "second stage" of the trip and should relax relax relax and not forget to throw a few giggles out every once in a while.

I wouldn't say you're any weirder than the rest of us :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleDieCommie

#2430646 - 03/14/04 06:51 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

I only have one friend i enjoy tripping with. Ill only trip with him and by myself. I never like bieng in groups, or with sober people while im tripping....just the way I am i guess...I've always been a kind of loner...

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: Am I wierd? [Re: MOTH]
    #2430677 - 03/14/04 07:22 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Whenever I trip with new people, I have a tendency to become very preoccupied with how their trip is going (I worry that one of them will have a bad trip) and I forget about my own. Maybe that is happening?

Thats the last thing I would like to have happening to me while I trip, except maybe if I'm going bad... I like to be left alone when I'm zoning out into my thoughts and I like get contact when I'm trying to make contact.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Edited by filthysock (03/14/04 07:24 AM)

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2430687 - 03/14/04 07:32 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

BLuEFroG said:
I just wanted to know if it was wierd of me to get uncomfortable when I am trippin on shrooms with friends... I am perfectly comfortable when I am in my room, by myself. I don't know if it is a lack of trust or something of that nature, but the trip always turns bad. Also, I have this one friend who doesnt do anything but is always with us to make sure we dont do anything too dumb, could he be the reason? Am I uncomfortable because I feel awkward around the sober dude? I dont know, but I always feel like I NEED to leave.

My friends that tripp(ed) with where I used to live are of the nature that they try to be totally reserved and controlled at any point in the trip, acting just a bit weirded out would be a complete no no... Where as I love to just go with the trip and act crazy. Me and them just dont go well together while tripping. The people I know from where I live now are great and totally free spirited, I'm going to trip with them some time. Sometimes it just has alot to do with the people... things that you dont really notice when you're sober with them can be a big problem while tripping. Your sober friend seems like could be a reason as well, because when you are tripping you dont want to be watched, you want to be free in every way.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Am I wierd? [Re: filthysock]
    #2430971 - 03/14/04 10:51 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Whenever I trip with new people, I have a tendency to become very preoccupied with how their trip is going (I worry that one of them will have a bad trip) and I forget about my own.  Maybe that is happening?

Thats the last thing I would like to have happening to me while I trip, except maybe if I'm going bad... I like to be left alone when I'm zoning out into my thoughts and I like get contact when I'm trying to make contact. 

Yeah, for some reason it only happened once, with a friend who I hadn't tripped with before.  I was just stricken with the responsibility of it all because they had never tripped before, and it really affected my trip.  The other times I've tripped with my friends, I TOLD myself I was going to have a fanatastic time, and I did.  :smile: 

I don't trip with friends very often though anymore.  Mostly just my husband.  But that has its own benefits.  :wink:

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#2431697 - 03/14/04 03:16 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah, I have a hard time tripping with friends too. I feel like I'm picking up on their vibes too much and it weirds me out. I'm more comfortable about tripping than the one guy who I trip with most reguarlly..so I feel like we are on different levels. I'm trying to get in the groove and he's trying to just get by. And it's not just that I think that people are judging me, I know that they are. I'm feeling pretty sensative to little motions and facial expressions in this state, and I can see little motions of "uh..I don't get it dude" if I say anything very trippy. Even if it's just something positive, indicating how much I enjoy this state. Too often there is this hint of "you're too fucked up man, you remind me of my sterotype of burn out hippies." It might be only a micro experssion, but it comes across strong. This is even worse with my sober roomates..just looking at me like "don't freak out and smash everything, Man" while we have even the lightest interaction while I look high. It's a real bummer. But it's not your problem dude, people are just different. In such a sensative state you got to surround yourself with only things and people you are completely comfortable with. I hope I can find some new people to trip with ..I like tinteracting with people, but its got to be the right people.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2431790 - 03/14/04 03:57 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

I only like to trip with close friends or people who I can trust or have shown themselves to be kind, compassionate, trustworthy and enlightened. Otherwise, as some of you mentioned, I will also pick up on 'weird vibes' from others. Mushrooms make you tune into other peoples' body language and you don't want to open yourself up to someone in that way if they aren't 'on the level' with you.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2432209 - 03/14/04 06:22 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

i would just try to relax and know that they are your friends and there just to enjoy theexperience with you.

Happy tripping!!

--------------------

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2432249 - 03/14/04 06:36 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Hmmm... I have one buddy that i always trip with, and we usually go to the same places.  I don't like it when sober people are around tho because they might say things that for some reason, when you're tripping, there's something just wrong about it.  It's like you understand what they're really saying, kinda of liek a subliminal message.

I say just trip with people you like, and that are as experienced as you are, if you're gonna trip with somebody whos doing it for their first time either don't trip atall or just take a lower dose.

I can't even imagine what would be going on in my head if my friend came up to me and was tripping for the first time and said soemthing like he/she was "scared", or "what's happening to me?"

I'm gunna be tripping soon with some close buddies of mine, I can't wait i'm so excited and i've been preparing myself mentally lately... ohhhhhh it's gonna be great!!!  :ooo: :shocked: :laugh: :grin: :smile: :crazy2: :oogle: :shiftyeyes: :smirk: :smile: :laugh: :eyemouth: :smile2: :stoned: :mushroom2:

OfflineBLuEFroG
Old MFer
Male

Loc: Eastern Coast
Re: Am I wierd? [Re: Ginseng]
    #2432274 - 03/14/04 06:45 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

well, my biggest problem is that people dont stfu... Im trying to go deep into my mind and figure out my innermost questions and they are just goofing off trying to get me to laugh, which I do, but when they do stfu I get angry and that shoots the whole thing to hell. I dont believe in god, but I feel that shrooms help people to look to their inner being and understand why we do the things we do. I hate it when people make me feel uncomfortable for any reason, and when Im shrooming it makes it worse. thanks for the info though guys Im happy im not the only one.

--------------------

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2432811 - 03/14/04 09:36 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

BLuEFroG said:
could he be the reason? 

So, find a few people who you want to trip with, regardless of what this guy thinks he wants to do, and ditch his ass friday afternoon and eat mushrooms with your good vibe friends :smile: :yesnod:

This is a great way to start an Adventure Trip.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#2432883 - 03/14/04 09:53 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

I heard this quote once on the topic of choosing your tripping buddies carefully:

"Don't trip with anyone you wouldn't be comfortable pissing or puking in front of." 

I hold that adage in mind when choosing my tripping friends.  :smile:

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Am I wierd? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2432914 - 03/14/04 09:59 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

My only advice is to trip with your best of friends, don't trip with people you just see at parties here and there or whatever, just trip with people that you have known for a long time and you should be alright, I have tripped on shrooms over 20 times and everytime it was with my good friends...I have yet to have a bad experience.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order