Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Loc: North/Western WA Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: Adden] * 1
    #24315973 - 05/13/17 04:41 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I still say foul play. That whole area is known for drugs and violence. Few years ago people cooking dope and poaching old growth maple,cedar was a big money thing. lots of people never come back out. You rarely hear of it because know one knew in the first place. Shits real.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #24316356 - 05/13/17 10:39 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sure. Why else would his gear be at camp? He would've taken a flashlight or knife or something even if it was just to piss. Parks in general have big meth labs and tent cities, poached deer and elk, it's dangerous and disgusting. The hole that almost ate my leg was 30 feet from remnants of a clandestine drug lab. I don't think it to be coincidence. My wife is totally cool with me going out and doing my thing, but she won't "let me" go to that park unless I'm armed. It isn't a chill place. Sadly there's even problems with "edible mushroom cartels", if you want to call them that I guess, a very large cash only market and people literally sitting overnight to watch them grow. I read a picking article when I was new about a guy camping out in Olympic Nat'l at a nice morel patch and he got beaten, robbed, dumped out in the middle of nowhere and ran for his gear over a patch of mush. Jeepers. Must've been quite the spot. The other day I saw a bunch of under legal size fish guts on the rivers edge. No one cares. The world is breaking and it's smash and grab while you can. Sad world when you have to bring a 45 to go admire trees and mushrooms and shit. I was always worried about the bears and large cats until I was told by very many that it's the people you've gotta worry about.

InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Loc: North/Western WA Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: Adden] * 1
    #24316471 - 05/13/17 11:33 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

you should look into the mushroom wars in the hills around you.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-08-01/local/me-19088_1_forest-service

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #24317850 - 05/13/17 11:37 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

My girlfriend told me back in the day, she used to hunt morels and it got so serious, people would bring guns to defend themselves. The culinary mushrooms were worth so much, people killed for them. Unreal shit.

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (05/19/17 04:18 PM)

OfflineDoneKildatReason
Chemical in the body
Male User Gallery

Loc: Green Country Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24317857 - 05/13/17 11:40 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Woah that just above is news to me..... never would have imagined it.

--------------------
This was an experiment.

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Loc: behind you Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: DoneKildatReason]
    #24318246 - 05/14/17 06:57 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Holy shit thats insane and not even that much money $150 a day isnt that just over minium wage for an 8 hour day by like $9, killing an innocent person is bad enough but when its over mushrooms and a tiny sum of money its really distressing. I can get my head around million dollar crops and growers killing people but damn thats insane.

--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

Edited by mrmazdarx9 (05/14/17 07:12 AM)

InvisibleMad_Larkin
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: mrmazdarx9]
    #24318325 - 05/14/17 07:42 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

that article is from over 20 years ago

besides that shit was probably syndicated, i doubt individual mushroom pickers were going around shooting each other over 250 dollars, they were probably doing it on the orders of the big guy with the connections back in Russia

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24321680 - 05/15/17 04:05 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
My girlfriend told me back in the dqy, she used to hunt morels and it got so serious, people would bring guns to defend themselves. The culinary mushrooms were worth so much, people killed for them. Unreal shit.

this shit's why I stay in Canada :lol:

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: Adden]
    #24322685 - 05/15/17 09:53 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Adden said:
It was so bad out in the Portland parks yesterday I nearly slipped down 100+ feet of felled trees and brambles. I couldn't even make it up a 30 foot slope to harvest oysters. A footpath I normally take had a huge chunk just straight up missing and I almost bit it. Took a quick turn expecting the normal path and it was just no longer there. Had to sit and rest for an hour I was shaking so bad. Shit happens so expect it to.

Glad your okay

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: Mad_Larkin] * 1
    #24322695 - 05/15/17 09:57 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
that article is from over 20 years ago

besides that shit was probably syndicated, i doubt individual mushroom pickers were going around shooting each other over 250 dollars, they were probably doing it on the orders of the big guy with the connections back in Russia

Not true, they (every day people) burn folks vehicles, shoot at them, beat them up, its as bad as the cartels and pot farmers protecting thier patch. This is in 2017

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (05/15/17 09:58 PM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: Doc9151]
    #24322711 - 05/15/17 10:01 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Lol, me too! I used my walking stick to mark an arrow and an X on the path. So at least someone coming down the blind side could see it. I'm sure the rain has washed it away, but I'm gonna avoid the entire area for a while.

It's looking real slide.. up until 4 years ago they'd chip it and toss trees relentlessly. Now that there's a problem they're not chipping on it anymore. there's just a lot of biomass and soil now that's not supported by new growth. Some areas have metal fences or a cement line from 1986 and it's like okay lol what's that gonna do, it's gonna get washed away just as easy as anything else. But now with this path gone it's just, I dunno, not what it was last year when I made a patch there. A lot less room, more exposed roots, puddles, stuff tumbling from above. I spawned some there this year and I'm looking around and it's like this place isn't gonna last long.

Thanks man. :thumbup:

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: Adden]
    #24324482 - 05/16/17 02:34 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

good lord, im amazed any of you cowards even go out in the woods.  :lol:

you really gotta watch out for all those boogie men in the forest that kill for mushrooms.  :rolleyes:  remember when you first moved over here you were scared of an "apex predator" (mountain lion) at the ocean?  :rofl2:  You almost lost your life that day.

You have quite the imagination.  I'm guessing there wasn't much to do wherever you came from huh dystopia?  Nothin to do but daydream and make up some wild stories.  I guess it's better to live in a fantasy land than live in reality.

anyway what a bunch of stupid bullshit.  I go waaaaay up river into the remote areas where people dont want to be found.  I do it all the time.  Alone.  Where the wild apex courgars roam.  Pussy.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

Offlineczech
baked like a casserole
Male

Loc: pnw
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: sprinkles] * 1
    #24325854 - 05/16/17 11:31 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

ah yer such a big man with yer big man dick

NO ITS WRONG YA GOT A COOTER

SUCK A COOTER FROM A COUGAR HNNNGGG

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: czech]
    #24326092 - 05/17/17 03:19 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

fuck the public

Edited by sprinkles (05/18/17 01:25 AM)

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: czech]
    #24326133 - 05/17/17 03:48 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

Edited by sprinkles (05/18/17 01:25 AM)

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: sprinkles]
    #24332549 - 05/19/17 09:59 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sprinkles said:
anyway what a bunch of stupid bullshit.  I go waaaaay up river into the remote areas where people dont want to be found.  I do it all the time.  Alone.  Where the wild apex courgars roam.  Pussy.

It ain't the psychos and cougars that'll kill you when you're alone.  It's that one little slip where you fall and nail your head on a rock and die.  Or you (and this has happened to my father) fall on a log crossing, get caught in the logs upside down after gashing your head open and nearly bleed to death.

Various other things can happen all from just one little trip/fall.  That's what kills hikers.  It shouldn't prevent anyone from hiking, but loss of footing is the number one killer of hikers and backpackers.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Hunting mushrooms in Olympic National Forest in Washington? Please keep an eye out. [Re: DoneKildatReason]
    #24333465 - 05/19/17 04:21 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DoneKildatReason said:
Woah that just above is news to me..... never would have imagined it.

Yup. I dont know if anyone died, but thats what my GF told me. People were packing heat while hunting these expensive mushrooms. Apparently they sold for big bucks in Japan, which is why the demand was so high, and the stakes even higher :eek:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates