Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEritarka
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Polk County, OR
Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: Joust]
    #17224226 - 11/15/12 01:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

bizzump!!! im gonna screen cap these posts and make a field guy. thanks joust.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: Eritarka]
    #17224504 - 11/15/12 02:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Haha sure why not!
This one needs an update with fimitaria and design to match the others I think I'm going to finish it up tonight.

--------------------
~~~~~~***Psilocybin Mushrooms***~~~~~~
_________A Practical Guide To Psilocybin Mushrooms_________

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #17271633 - 11/23/12 11:00 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

V 10.0
I added  a bunch of species, fixed the design, pronunciations and added information.
:nyan:

--------------------

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

Edited by Joust (11/23/12 11:15 PM)

OfflineKheket
Mysterious Stranger

Loc: PNW
    #17811451 - 02/16/13 02:13 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

As a noob who just got into mushroom hunting, thank you very much! Awesome guide with amazing pictures and descriptions. Thinking about going on a little hike soon. :smile:

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: Kheket]
    #17811481 - 02/16/13 02:24 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Kheket said:
As a noob who just got into mushroom hunting, thank you very much! Awesome guide with amazing pictures and descriptions. Thinking about going on a little hike soon. :smile:

Thanks glad you liked it, refer to my signature for the complete up to date guide.
:nyan:

--------------------

OfflineHostileX420
Webcast Hunter!!!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: An American Shroomery Flag
    #19255012 - 12/10/13 11:50 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Nice guide thank you for this!!! Sorry guys i posted on an old post but its great info man i needed it in my threads!!!

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: HostileX420]
    #19255056 - 12/10/13 11:57 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HostileX420 said:
Nice guide thank you for this!!! Sorry guys i posted on an old post but its great info man i needed it in my threads!!!

all the more or less updated info is here http://www.shroomery.org/12525/Psilocybin-Mushrooms

--------------------

OfflineHostileX420
Webcast Hunter!!!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: An American Shroomery Flag
    #19255150 - 12/10/13 12:20 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
Quote:

HostileX420 said:

all the more or less updated info is here http://www.shroomery.org/12525/Psilocybin-Mushrooms

Thats the 10.2 i take it lol! NOICE!!! Thanks man!

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: HostileX420]
    #19255155 - 12/10/13 12:21 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HostileX420 said:
Quote:

Joust said:
Quote:

HostileX420 said:

Thats the 10.2 i take it lol! NOICE!!! Thanks man!

v13 haha

--------------------

OfflineRickyJ
One Funky Homo sapien

Loc: Flag
    #19279633 - 12/15/13 02:22 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has been invaluable to me. Thanks for taking the time and creating it Joust!

Offlineyadmas
Stranger
Re: PMW: Pacific West Coast (v10.0) [Re: Joust]
    #24277352 - 04/27/17 09:59 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I had an incident once when i was in college before i really knew what i was doing.  a friend and I found and picked a huge batch of what we thought were cyanescens down by evergreen state college.  they were unusually large.  Huge actually, maybe a couple were 2-3 inches across and taller than normal.  they grew on and around a log, which was also very unusual.  they had all the characteristics though, viscid pellicle..... dark blueing, firm stem, striate margin.  plus that caramel color that when you see it, you just know!  When ingested, things went they way they usually do. BUT several people got really messed up.  one of my friends legs quit working and had to be carried out of the forest and we had another friend who had very strange emotional effects.  everytime he laughed, he started crying and his body would contort.  he said his arms and legs felt funny and he felt strange, like he couldn't control them.  it wasn't unpleasant, it was just really strange.  now ive been around and ive picked thousands of mushrooms and im not an fool.  this happend about 25 years ago and we still talk about it.  I never seen this happen before.  i was wondering if maybe the mushrooms leeched some king of toxin out of the tree it was growing on?  just wondering if you had any thoughts.  thanks!

Offlineyadmas
Stranger
Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: yadmas]
    #24277359 - 04/27/17 10:01 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Is there a way to properly print this out for a 'travel guide'?  like a pdf?  i don't see it, if its there. new to the site.  if its obvious, i apologize in advance.  thanks

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: PMW: Pacific West Coast (v10.0) [Re: yadmas]
    #24279071 - 04/28/17 03:26 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yadmas said:
...one of my friends legs quit working and had to be carried out of the forest and we had another friend who had very strange emotional effects.  everytime he laughed, he started crying and his body would contort.....i was wondering if maybe the mushrooms leeched some king of toxin out of the tree it was growing on?  just wondering if you had any thoughts.  thanks!

Some woodlover species, I mostly hear it happening in regards to cyanescens and azures, can cause temporary paralysis...that's likely what was happening to your friend. This usually only happens when a good solid dose is taken, but this is something that happens from time to time with wood-loving species in general.

There's still a lot of speculation about what actually causes it...from all the reports I've heard over the years, though, once the paralysis fades away the people are totally fine after and don't experience any long term detrimental effects or other issues.

If you do a search around here for the words "paralysis woodlover", or "cyanescnes paralysis", or related searches, you should come up with a bunch of threads/posts about this topic...it's been talked about quite a bit around here over the years.

Here's a few threads on the topic, many others around here though>>>

woodloving species paralysis

loss of motor/muscle control during/after large dose of cyanescens

temporary paralysis after shrooms

As for your friend with the strange emotional effects, starting to cry every time he laughed...that just sounds like typical emotional-swings of mushrooms to me :yesnod: . I can totally see that happening on a good dose of mushrooms and it doesn't sound out of the ordinary. I've had a few times whilst tripping, where I was laughing at something hilarious and the laugh quickly turns into heavy emotional crying/balling for no reason :lol: ....both are just releases of emotion.

-OM

--------------------

Offlineyadmas
Stranger
Re: PMW: Pacific West Coast (v10.0) [Re: openmind]
    #24291925 - 05/03/17 09:30 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

finally an answer!  thank you!  thats great.  I wish I had a pic of these cyanescens.  it was before digital cameras obviously. Every now and then you get a really large meaty patch and ive found that mostly when they are in the woods, rather than a field.  but these were ENORMOUS.  They would have been on the cover of cyanescens magazine if it existed.  also the blueing was even greater than what i usually see.  Funny how that is.  ive also seen little teeny patches of disgruntled cyanescens that when you compare the two they almost seem like 2 different species although i know better.  What causes such drastic differences?

OfflineColonel
Mycotographer
Male

Loc: PNW, Washington Flag
Re: PMW: Pacific West Coast (v10.0) [Re: yadmas]
    #24292087 - 05/03/17 10:40 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Hey good stuff Joust :grampofapproval:

--------------------

P. Ovoideocystidiata                          P. Cyanescens                                P. Northwest
Colonel's Roatan/Honduras LC
Thai Lipa Yai Monotub Grow

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: PMW: Pacific West Coast (v10.0) [Re: Colonel]
    #24293686 - 05/03/17 10:26 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I've seen this with cubensis also, I think some people are just more susceptible to this than others.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

InvisibleDrmbanana
Medical
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: PMW: Pacific West Coast (v10.0) [Re: Joust]
    #28117360 - 12/30/22 11:05 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Big thanks for posting this!

--------------------
Let food be they medicine and medicine be thy food…

Offlinehuicholstudent
Stranger

Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #28120048 - 01/01/23 01:19 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
Cool, thanks Alan. This thing was collected the 6th of July? Cool.

Thanks for the work here Joust--very useful reference focusing on PNW specific Psilocybe species that fills a major gap.

I am fascinated by the discussion on Psilocybe semiinconspicua and particularly where it is found. The Guzmán & Trappe article notes that it was found growing at 1680m/5500ft and collected on July 6th. Knowing this area and the subalpine regions of the cascades, this sure seems early in the year to not be covered in snow at that date--there is variance depending on the snow pack-early summer so perhaps the year it was collected in the late 80's was a low snow pack, early summer year? Does anyone know if there are images of Psilocybe semiinconspicua? I am also assuming the psilocybin and psilocin content has yet to be measured in this species?

Thank you and I am quite excited to learn that psilocybin mushrooms grow in the subalpine regions of WA state--two of my favorite things in the world converging!

InvisibleHunter hunter
See er
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pickin yer patch
Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: huicholstudent]
    #28120074 - 01/01/23 01:45 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Old thread.  Some things have changed in the guide.  Still cool to look at.

--------------------

Eat the meat that’s at your feet.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the Pacific West Coast (v7.8) [Re: huicholstudent]
    #28122022 - 01/03/23 12:16 AM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

huicholstudent said:
I am fascinated by the discussion on Psilocybe semiinconspicua and particularly where it is found. The Guzmán & Trappe article notes that it was found growing at 1680m/5500ft and collected on July 6th. Knowing this area and the subalpine regions of the cascades, this sure seems early in the year to not be covered in snow at that date--there is variance depending on the snow pack-early summer so perhaps the year it was collected in the late 80's was a low snow pack, early summer year? Does anyone know if there are images of Psilocybe semiinconspicua? I am also assuming the psilocybin and psilocin content has yet to be measured in this species?

This one is in Deconica now, and nothing in Deconica has any psilocybin.

See https://www.researchgate.net/publication/289640052_New_combinations_in_the_genus_Deconica_Fungi_Basidiomycota_Agaricales

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom