Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Where are you in life, spiritually?
    #2428276 - 03/13/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Feel free to interpret the question anyway you choose.

I personally have never felt more personally, internally optimistic. I went on a bit of an introspective journey, trying to discover myself and life. I've left behind a lot of the negative outlooks on myself, and built up my awareness. There is a certain understanding of how open-ended life is, and the possibilities in the future. There is a line in a Tool song, Reflection ?You will come to find, that we are all one mind, capable of all that?s imaginable and conceivable? which sums up my ultimate outlook.

The unfortunate part of that is that after seeing how much potential life holds, it's very disturbing to see how poorly other people live. It?s like realizing we live in a utopia but choose to make it hell. Between the loss of civil liberties in the USA, to the lack of opportunity or human rights in 3rd world countries (as well as the US), to even the basic care people can?t even afford. Once you see past many of the social boundaries that human beings create (gender, nationality, race, sexuality, disabilities, etc..) it?s hard to accept when people still act on them.

So it?s hard for me to stay in the internal world because I think for that utopia to exist externally, other people?s quality of life has to increase, while also tearing down a lot of the old mentalities that we collectively cling on to. The trouble is avoiding an evangelical mentality while realizing that people have to discover their own path, not have someone else create it for them. So my main focus in life is art (namely music) and studying psychology.

Now it?s your turn. Say whatever you want about your own sense of spirituality or whatever silly term you want to use.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: Twirling]
    #2428378 - 03/13/04 06:24 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I feel like after I had my first level 5 trip, a great, profound truth was revealed to me. I'm now struggling to live up to that truth. I'm usually at peace with myself and those around me, but occasionally I fall back into negativity, and have to pull myself back up. Overall, I feel I've come a long way spiritually, but still have a ways to go.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2428617 - 03/13/04 07:19 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

What was that profound truth?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2428639 - 03/13/04 07:27 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

stuck between what is and what could be

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2428662 - 03/13/04 07:34 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
What was that profound truth?

That which cannot be expressed.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #2428669 - 03/13/04 07:37 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Somewhere along the path to enlightenment, in which I do not know.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2428672 - 03/13/04 07:38 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I understand what you mean, or at least the feeling.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2428675 - 03/13/04 07:39 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I went though something a couple of years ago that caused me to see things totally different.  It's really difficult to put into words the way I see the world, now. 

I was able to look back over my life and see where God was taking care of me or, for those who don't believe in God, something was taking care of me, or causing things to work in my favor.  And I was able to let go of my worries and watch things unwind, usually with everything working out in the end, even when it seems like it's bad in the meantime.

I don't worry about anything any more, at all.  Like SilverSoul said, occasionally, but very rarely, I fall back into negativity, and I will worry, but then I laugh at myself because everything has worked out so far.  Why shouldn't it continue to work out? 

By not worrying about the present, I can focus on what I am doing, today, for me, for my family, for other people.  I can focus on my work.  Everything is fine.  By not worrying, it also keeps my mind free of unnecessary clutter.  Therefore, by not having my mind cluttered, I get occasional glimpses at our interconnectedness, at the feeling of the presence of God, at the sheer joy of being alive. 

Everything is wonderful.  I'm happy to be alive, but I'm also aware that this life is short and we will move onto something else from here.  I used to be afraid of death, and I'm not afraid of death any more.  I think I was afraid because I wasn't sure of what the future, after death, held.  Now, I'm almost absolutely positive that we continue on after this life.  This is just a learning place.  A place to grow and become whatever it is we are supposed to be.  We are going to take those skills with us after we die. 

Something like that. 

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Anonymous

#2429622 - 03/13/04 10:05 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Anonymous

#2429624 - 03/13/04 10:05 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

i dont know, i got lost

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: ]
    #2429723 - 03/13/04 10:35 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

right now for me im growing in faith

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineFrothytooFlacid
Too Many Oils
    #2430192 - 03/14/04 01:14 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

God damn lusty mongrels... just as I'm ready to send reply, slutty IE gets an error..

Anyway..on to the crap I just typed a few minutes ago...

I know how you feel about that Tool song. A few other Tool songs I can really connect to, also. Tool can be so goddam beautiful.

Where I'm at is a rather lovely question. I suppose my question to that would be, "in respect to what?" Meaningless questions aside, I still get what you mean. You guys talk about slipping into negativity. This is familiar ritual to me. I am used to it by now, and while I may be depressed, I don't let it depress me. 'Without the darkness, there is no light.' My attitude towards existence is constantly maturing. I am learning where to find truth and logic...withing myself.. Cheers to that whore of a concept. Yeah... I'm still a child and have lots of fear and what have you, but existence is worth it.

--------------------
There is more.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2431494 - 03/14/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

I keep climbing, but the mountain streches on...the peak still hidden behind the clouds.

Where am I, spiritually? I think I've come full circle.

I began life as a Catholic, raised by Catholic parents and went to Catholic school.

Then I decided that maybe God wasn't really there. Nothing I had ever experienced could lead me to think He was. I pleaded with him to show me anything that would help me understand. Nothing was given. My spirutality became Science. That, at least, stands up to my testing.

Then I realized, one day out of the blue, that there was so much around me Science was not explaining. I cannot say that Science can't explain everything...because it probably can...yet there are parts of the human experience which require a spiritual leaning. Einstein once said that though science could explain everything, it would be without meaning. Like describing a Bethoven symphony as a function of wave pressure. No meaning.

Now I embrace a personal spirituality. One which I am infinately more comfortable with than the outside influence of my Catholic raising.

Spirituality, in the end, can only be personal. I think :smirk:

(sorry, I've gone and taken some lsd again)

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #2431544 - 03/14/04 02:11 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Nowhere.. right now, I'm completely faithless, beliefless.. I have this feeling we're just animals, we live, die and rot.

But I always think about what could be.. what the meaning is. Life has to have some kind of purpose. But maybe.. maybe the universe is very cruel, we're just some kind of meat experiment.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: Brugman]
    #2431610 - 03/14/04 02:43 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

I have just left the village of the unspiritual and I stand at the base of the mountain of enlightenment, its peak lost in cloud cover. I can admire the beauty of the mountain. I am taking my first steps, and I look down at the path, determined to keep my footing.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: trendal]
    #2431717 - 03/14/04 03:22 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

trendal, I find it so bewildering that there are so many scientists out there discovering the "truths' about the world without truly absorbing the meaning and significance behind their works and discoveries.

Indeed, spirituality IS science.

:beer:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: daba]
    #2431764 - 03/14/04 03:42 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

One and the same, yes!

Science is really just a different approach to spirituality. Discovering existence brings us a little closer to the mind of whatever Creator may esist.

I'm not sure why so many "spiritual" people seem to think science is bad in some way, or trying to "kill" God.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2432034 - 03/14/04 05:29 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

At present it feels like I'm running on a treadmill, and I'm only vaugely aware that this is so.  It is very difficult to slot my own beliefs into practice throughout daily life.  There is still a very heavy burden of habit and negativity.  It is like there is only a small passage between the conceptual mind and the heart, through which blessing can only trickle very slowly.  It is gradual, arduous, but always very joyful.

The future holds many wonderful things.  Hopefully I won't be grasping on to them.  :smile2:

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2432579 - 03/14/04 08:27 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
stuck between what is and what could be

Same, but what is is full of stuff I hate and stuff I couldn't live without. And what could be has so many possibilities I want to explore that it would be impossible to have even a few of them.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Where are you in life, spiritually? [Re: abhi]
    #2432804 - 03/14/04 09:33 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

spiritually, i am a ball of fear. terrified.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck