Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebraincrash
MindBlower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22465538 - 11/02/15 07:05 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Hello everybody, it's me again. ..
You may not remember... I was going for the sgfc design in this thread and last time I was worried about the mist&fan frequency  because of my long working days.
In the end I went for this design anyway to try it out.
I must say, the shroom count I got in this fruiting chamber is nothing more than incredible! (see pics)
When I come home at night and tend to my grows I sometimes notice it is very dry in the fc, i go loose with the mister and moist everything, including perlite. The pin count is just amazing, but the shrooms brake their veils very early (the shrooms in the pic  broke their the day after the pic was taken).
Is this because humidity is too low and cakes dry out too quickly?

I have another almost identical sgfc right beside the one with the pf cakes in it. Only difference is that one has slightly smaller holes in it with two popcorn trays in it, and that one is holding humidity much better, but then you have the fae to consider.
Results will soon show, the popcorn has just begun pinning, so it ought to be done in a week.
Take care, BC

--------------------
[gradient:#07F24E,#]It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom...[/gradient]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLeeper
Mushies
Male

Loc: Somewhere near the mounta...
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: braincrash]
    #22468683 - 11/02/15 09:23 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

U just have verm on those cakes or something else with the verm? Have u ever mixed casing soil with verm? About to put some cakes in my first shotgun and just seeking the best method!

I wouldn't think that them being a bit dry would make them pop after adding moisture, but I'm newer to this! About 3-4 months in! I would assume more moisture would allow for extended growth. U spraying the mushies too or just the walls and perlite? Maybe they r just pullin smaller fruits? 

Also, good looking batch!! :smile:

--------------------
Don't just do drugs to do drugs, enjoy drugs! They are a great thing unless unwisely used!

Offlinebraincrash
MindBlower
Male User Gallery

Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: Leeper]
    #22468887 - 11/02/15 10:28 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

On the pf cakes I use only fine ground vermiculite, most people do. I seldom hear anyone use some else casing for it. For my popcorn trays I use a 50/50+ casing layer of coir/verm +gypsum. The simplest possible but seems to work very well... don't dry out as quickly as the verm does in the sgfc.
When I mist,  I mist everything but the walls of the fc. The main point of misting is to make the casing layer lightly moist,
when water evaporates from the casing it triggers pinning.
Here's pics of the 50/50+ casing in action. Second pic is right after birth, the first pic was taken two days ago, a week after birth.

--------------------
[gradient:#07F24E,#]It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom...[/gradient]

OfflineLeeper
Mushies
Male

#22470843 - 11/03/15 12:22 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe I'll quit spraying my walls so much and focus more on the casing! :smile: I think I have been misting too damn much!! :frown: I'll stop for a while til it dries a bit ( but not too much)  and stop spraying my tank! How high above ur casings and cakes is ur light?

--------------------
Don't just do drugs to do drugs, enjoy drugs! They are a great thing unless unwisely used!

Offlinebraincrash
MindBlower
Male User Gallery

Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: Leeper]
    #22480869 - 11/05/15 11:59 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

I use a 50W full spectrum grow led, too powerful for shrooms, directed at the wall (white painted) on the opposite side of the fc's.  The light is about a meter from the wall and the wall is almost a meter from the fc's.
This makes for a clear white ambient light and seems to work beautiful...
but I am quite new at growing shrooms so you may want someone more experienced to answer what works best.

--------------------

OfflineLeeper
Mushies
Male

#22490185 - 11/07/15 10:51 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, cool! I'm usin a 15 watt and it's about 2 feet above the tub!  The top of the tub is cloudy so it refracts a lot of the light so it's not so direct! My casing seems to be poppin pins though, have three that are about to become an actual mushroom! Just pulled a little fatty today! My decrease in misting seems to be workin great! :smile:

--------------------

OfflineThe Dalcassian
Dirty Druggie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald lsles
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: Capers]
    #23986999 - 01/06/17 04:24 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Hey there,

Just want to throw a bit of life back in this thread by asking a question.
I'm just about to give the SGFC a go as an upgrade from using a grow bag. With the grow bags I've used a heat mat as the temperature of the room is quite hard to maintain at a stable temp. Usually ranges between 15°C - 25°C at a guess.
Anyway, question is do I need to find an alternative way of providing heat as I can't put the heat mat on the SGFC without blocking the holes for FAE.

Any thoughts, opinions or gut feelings are welcome.

;-)

--------------------
Here Lies This Individual

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: The Dalcassian]
    #23987005 - 01/06/17 04:26 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

If you don't need a winter coat in your grow room the temps are fine

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: cronicr]
    #23987038 - 01/06/17 04:39 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Also if you do need heat. The heat should be far away from the SGFC. Heat the room not the chamber. A chamber warmer than the room it's in is bad news

OfflineThe Dalcassian
Dirty Druggie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald lsles
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #23988393 - 01/07/17 01:58 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Also if you do need heat. The heat should be far away from the SGFC. Heat the room not the chamber. A chamber warmer than the room it's in is bad news

Good to know. I was under the impression that a stable 23°C was quiet critical but the more I read in here the less important it seems to be.

If you couldn't have guessed, I'm growing cubes at the moment, does heat become an issue when growing any other races or is it a bit of a moot point when growing at home indoors. Only asking out of curiosity as the temp was stressed to me quite heavily when I got my first grow kit.

Off to buy my SGFC set-up today :-)

--------------------
Here Lies This Individual

OfflineColonel
Mycotographer
Male

Loc: PNW, Washington Flag
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: The Dalcassian]
    #23988445 - 01/07/17 02:47 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

The temp only really matters with Woodlovers like Cyanescens and Azurescens, but with all Cubensis as long as the temp is ranged from about 65(bare minimum) to 85 during fruiting/ colonization you should be okay. Like stated before you shouldn't ever point a heater at a tub to heat it this will only evaporate all the moisture inside your substrate.

--------------------

P. Ovoideocystidiata                          P. Cyanescens                                P. Northwest
Colonel's Roatan/Honduras LC
Thai Lipa Yai Monotub Grow

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #23988849 - 01/07/17 09:11 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RainboWarrior said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Good to know. I was under the impression that a stable 23°C was quiet critical but the more I read in here the less important it seems to be.

If you couldn't have guessed, I'm growing cubes at the moment, does heat become an issue when growing any other races or is it a bit of a moot point when growing at home indoors. Only asking out of curiosity as the temp was stressed to me quite heavily when I got my first grow kit.

Off to buy my SGFC set-up today :-)

All the grows ive ever done most are in the mid 60s so below 20C

OfflineYakub
learning
Male User Gallery

Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #24034519 - 01/23/17 08:48 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

good one thank you!

InvisibleCepheus16

Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #24235659 - 04/11/17 06:57 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Another good one man, ill take it all into consideration when i start my first grow!!

--------------------
I am a Gamer.
Hath not a Gamer eyes? Hath not a Gamer hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Norm is? If you prick us, do we not roll for damage? If you bully us, do we not make a will save vs. depression? If you poison us, do we not roll a fortitude save vs. death? And if you wrong us, shall we not throw dice?

Offlinekarda
Loc: Canada
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: Cepheus16]
    #24235707 - 04/11/17 07:13 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I've read a few teks but I haven't found anywhere that lists any suggested size for the SGFC.  I figure it's because it depends on the size of your project.  I'm considering trying about 5 1/2 pint jars, would a 20-30qt container be sufficient?  I know if it's too small, there might not be enought air flow

OfflineQjsands
Psyconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: karda]
    #24267963 - 04/24/17 07:07 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Does anyone know if a sgfc will work as well if only one single cake is in it?

--------------------
When nothing is going right, go left.. And when there is nowhere left to go- go right!

(Anything posted by this account is purely fiction and is for the sole entertainment of the poster.)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: Qjsands]
    #24268086 - 04/24/17 09:00 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

No, you should make at least 6-12 cakes

OfflineQjsands
Psyconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24268101 - 04/24/17 09:08 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

That's what I figured. I only have one cake right now and no more spore syringes or anything so im trYing the 2 liter bottle tek. Praying for a mushroom I can print it and make like 50 cakes.

--------------------
When nothing is going right, go left.. And when there is nowhere left to go- go right!

(Anything posted by this account is purely fiction and is for the sole entertainment of the poster.)

Edited by Qjsands (04/24/17 09:09 AM)

OfflineStemsncaps
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: Qjsands]
    #24283756 - 04/30/17 11:16 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

So you dont fill holes with poly?

InvisibleCepheus16

Re: Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC) [Re: Stemsncaps]
    #24283784 - 04/30/17 11:24 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

thatd be a negative bud. you use poly in a mono-tube to regulate fae whereas the sgfc (when built properly) should naturally regulate fae. but im still new here so take that with a grain of salt.

--------------------
I am a Gamer.
Hath not a Gamer eyes? Hath not a Gamer hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Norm is? If you prick us, do we not roll for damage? If you bully us, do we not make a will save vs. depression? If you poison us, do we not roll a fortitude save vs. death? And if you wrong us, shall we not throw dice?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds