Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: 1234go]
    #24278372 - 04/28/17 10:06 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah dude he has a whole bunch of em

I have this survival book called "Bushcraft: The Ultimate Guide To Survival In The Wilderness" and a lot of the techniques he uses in his videos are outlined in this book, I highly recommend it if you've an interest in outdoorsy stuff like that

I have easily over $800 worth of survival gear & equipment but I consider this $12 book to be my most valuable possession.. It shows in detail how to make bush rope, lashings, rope bridges, huts & shelters of all different kinds, camp chairs, tables and beds, stoves, snares, traps, topographical maps, you name it this book probably has it

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24278391 - 04/28/17 10:17 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Lol

:strokebeard3:

The factory type jobs I or my friends have worked were stupidly strict about hours. "your break starts at this time whether or not you can go at that moment and includes the time it takes to get off the floor" so like... I had 5 minutes to get off my feet and smoke a cigarette. 20 minutes to get and eat lunch and smoke another cig and then go back to work for the next 6 hours.

I always go over on breaks
What they gonna do bout it?

:baaaam:

About to go practice, conflicted about heading downtown to immerse in the squaling rabble, or stay around here.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: Repertoire89]
    #24278420 - 04/28/17 10:32 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

That place had a point system. If you had like 7 points you automatically got fired. Half point for being up to 30 min late, full point for over 30 min. Not showing up was also a point so normally when I was gonna be late I'd just call out.

You could not be late or early to lunch. You had to clock out. The computer would automatically give you points if you were 2 mins outside the time. Which in itself was stressful because they only had so many clockers and everyone had to get off and break at the same time. You could not clock in early.

Slave labor

But now yeah no one is breathing down my neck n I got shit to do so I normally nearly double my break time. I figure it's fair since other people spend at least half their day talking at their desk. Or fucking around on their phone.

My boss doesn't give a shit as long as my production numbers look good which they do though I need to pull in filler because all timesheets are complete bullshit but he won't notice until we get audited by corporate and when that happens, if they notice things don't add up, they'll blame the department and they'll be partially right and fuck management.

Only reason they stress about audit is it effects their annual bonus.

Big ol bullshit game painted with heavy layers of bullshit.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#24278427 - 04/28/17 10:37 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I can pretty much do whatever as long as I do what needs to be done by the deadlines, so I can skip days here and there, come in by myself on the weekends when I want more hours and there's stuff to do, etc

I try to put the most hours in when it's rainy so i can party when it's sunny

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Invisible1234go
#1 Swiftie
 User Gallery

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #24278452 - 04/28/17 10:48 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OhMrJohnson said:
I have this survival book called "Bushcraft: The Ultimate Guide To Survival In The Wilderness" and a lot of the techniques he uses in his videos are outlined in this book, I highly recommend it if you've an interest in outdoorsy stuff like that

I have easily over $800 worth of survival gear & equipment but I consider this $12 book to be my most valuable possession.. It shows in detail how to make bush rope, lashings, rope bridges, huts & shelters of all different kinds, camp chairs, tables and beds, stoves, snares, traps, topographical maps, you name it this book probably has it

Thanks, man. It's going on my amazon wishlist.
I've been working on a survival/ultralight backpack for a year or so, but all the books I've looked into so far have poor illustrations and half-ass instructions. Sounds like this could end the search. :thumbup:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: Sheekle]
    #24278472 - 04/28/17 10:58 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

That's pretty sweet. I have some flexibility in hours I work but I have to work in a 6-7 window and I have to work 8 hours a day.

It's not bad but alot of their time management rules make no sense.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: 1234go] * 1
    #24278591 - 04/28/17 11:46 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
Quote:

OhMrJohnson said:

Thanks, man. It's going on my amazon wishlist.
I've been working on a survival/ultralight backpack for a year or so, but all the books I've looked into so far have poor illustrations and half-ass instructions. Sounds like this could end the search. :thumbup:

Fun fact, the book was originally written as military notes by a man named Richard Graves, he was the leader of a search & rescue party called the Australian Jungle Survival & Rescue Detachment which operated in the South Pacific during WWII, together they rescued over 300 people without losing a single man, often in hostile territory

After that he ended up running his own bushcraft school for ~20 years until he passed away, basically the dude really knew his shit

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: Sheekle]
    #24278764 - 04/28/17 01:06 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
I try to put the most hours in when it's rainy so i can party when it's sunny

When everyone is going on breaks during the winter, I'm typically one of the very few working through it all (which is okay for me considering there probably isn't too much to do during those times regardless, since very few people are around). I simply don't think the holidays in the winter are the best time to visit family, hit up concerts or go on a vacation when I could do it all in the spring and summer instead.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: PatrickKn]
    #24278996 - 04/28/17 02:55 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

My cat is getting some sedatives because she flipped the fuck out when I put her in the cat carrier.

My dad tried to help me put her in the carrier and she scratched us both and then went and bit him. I think it was actually worse to have him along because I could tell he was making her nervous. :ohwell: Next time I'll give her a little bit of drugs and go slower next time. And have a proper cat carrier.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #24279091 - 04/28/17 03:37 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
That place had a point system. If you had like 7 points you automatically got fired. Half point for being up to 30 min late, full point for over 30 min. Not showing up was also a point so normally when I was gonna be late I'd just call out.

You could not be late or early to lunch. You had to clock out. The computer would automatically give you points if you were 2 mins outside the time. Which in itself was stressful because they only had so many clockers and everyone had to get off and break at the same time. You could not clock in early.

Slave labor

But now yeah no one is breathing down my neck n I got shit to do so I normally nearly double my break time. I figure it's fair since other people spend at least half their day talking at their desk. Or fucking around on their phone.

My boss doesn't give a shit as long as my production numbers look good which they do though I need to pull in filler because all timesheets are complete bullshit but he won't notice until we get audited by corporate and when that happens, if they notice things don't add up, they'll blame the department and they'll be partially right and fuck management.

Only reason they stress about audit is it effects their annual bonus.

Big ol bullshit game painted with heavy layers of bullshit.

That is super fucking weak. I've never worked for a place like that before. Doesn't sound legal.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: Dark_Star]
    #24279112 - 04/28/17 03:46 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I always thought it was like they were trying to force us to be robots. Funny enough in their new facilities they do have robots doing that exact job.

--------------------

InvisibleBoomer The Great
Male
    #24279243 - 04/28/17 04:40 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Got a stupid speeding ticket today......

102 in a 55 :\

And he gave me a second citation for careless driving.

Now where he marks off how he clocked my speed.  He checked "Other" and underneath it wrote. "UPEC" I think thats what he wrote I can barely read his handwriting. He explained it to me but I already forget. I can't find anything online about it.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: Boomer The Great]
    #24279281 - 04/28/17 04:57 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I've gotten a few tickets and 2 for speeding but I don't think I've ever been over 100. Drive an old car, would probably blow something if I did. Anything over 80 is reckless driving here. Anything 20 mph over the speed limit is reckless driving. If I had been driving over 100 in any of those areas I got tickets I'd have been slapped with at least 3 tickets.

And more if it had been where I had my accident. Probably would have been put in cuffs even if I didn't actually hit anyone. The likelihood of losing control and killing someone in that part of the city is way too high.

Take care of yourself Boomer. Speeding tickets suck but do try to take a lesson out of it.

--------------------

Male
    #24279305 - 04/28/17 05:05 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Cookie.  Ya I'm just pissed I can't figure out what he clocked me with.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24279314 - 04/28/17 05:10 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Definitely go to court for it. If the officer shows up fight it and see if you can get it dropped down to a more reasonable speeding charge or just thrown out altogether.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24279318 - 04/28/17 05:11 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I looked it up too. I have no idea.

--------------------

Male
Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: PatrickKn]
    #24279331 - 04/28/17 05:19 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Definitely go to court for it. If the officer shows up fight it and see if you can get it dropped down to a more reasonable speeding charge or just thrown out altogether.

Ya I'm going to.

Thanks Cookie. Like I said I'm not sure if that is what he wrote. Its hard to read. You are good at investigating I could PM you a pic of it. 

It did involve a count. But he didn't check off "clocked" which is why I'm confused. 

He got me at 498ft in 3.37seconds.  But if he used a stop watch he would have checked off "clocked" not "other" right? So this must be some sort of other electronic speed-timing device that isn't radar. :shrug:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24279395 - 04/28/17 05:50 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah you can do that. I'd love to take a crack at it.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: Repertoire89]
    #24279482 - 04/28/17 06:22 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Ive been real bad lately with over-breaking.

I used to do 16-17min breaks, now its 18-20 min breaks. I gotta get my ass in line.

Its mostly due to being addicted to this new phone game called Jetpack Joyride.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Good Morning EMC [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24279490 - 04/28/17 06:23 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Dude wtf 20 minutes is a small ass break. They only let u take like 15 mins off for lunch?

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies