Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsychonott
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: koods]
    #24295097 - 05/04/17 12:24 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The only thing dumb is relinquishing self autonomy to an institution with a century long track record of implemneting laws and regulations that go directly against the benfits of its continents

Furthermore it's idiotic to claim anything of substance saying a country with exponentially more cars ha more car accidents than nations with much less cars.

The proportional  frequency of American gun violence is extremely low and on par with all nations like Australia etc and has been on a downward trend since the 70s.

Owning a gun means you are taking a civil responsibility in keeping govt and agencies accountable.

The real reason such efforts are taken to take away or gun rights and also conquer and divide us against each other is directly a result of our power. We have it, theirs  is illusionary

The people have always had he power but don't if we are distracted and divided against each other. Slowly even that is failing them which is why people like you are making illogical arguments in the defense of something restraint American liberties and freedoms

--------------------
Enlils true purpose is to get us off topic and to cast enough logical doubts so that outsiders viewing this would be more likely to side with his fake opinions rather than our or sometimes controlled opppsotions opinions.

You see if you are too skilled at not falling for their traps and stating logically sound debunks then other accounts who purposefully agree with 90% of the truth join in and get the entire topic off the main points.

It's their 1960s version of damage control and diversion but man it's painfully obvious in 2017

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: Count of Sabugosa]
    #24295101 - 05/04/17 12:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Count of Sabugosa said:

My argument goes something like this:

1. Cars require a license to be driven
2. Cars may be used as weapons
3. Weapons should also require some sort of control (similar to a driver's license, license plate, etc.)

Cars require no license to own.  Why should a gun, particularly since cars are not a right under the Constitution?

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleCyrus19
Represents Enlil's Hope

Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: koods] * 1
    #24295102 - 05/04/17 12:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Cyrus19 said:
Quote:

koods said:
You're delusional if you think you can protect yourself from the government with a few guns. That is just a fantasy that gun nuts use to masturbate to.

If enough people with guns wanted to overthrow the government they could do it. The US is not some invincible force having said that I think our government is one of the best since it can be changed. Personally I would like to live in a America where I can walk down the street at night in any city and not feel unsafe.

Totally delusional. They have weapons you will never be allowed to have.

A gun isn't going to make you any safer. Stop living in fear. I lived in SE DC when the city had 500 murders a year. I never felt the need for a gun. It's a crutch. Use your wits, not some weapon that will probably be useless in a real situation and is more likely to get you in trouble than save you. If you need a gun in America to feel safe you're a pussy.

We lost in Vietnam we lost in Afghanistan to farmers with ak47 the US is not invincible.

OfflineCount of Sabugosa
Nerdy floater
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: Psychonott] * 1
    #24295105 - 05/04/17 12:29 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The good thing is that I am not against you at all. And once again, "idiotic," "delusional," etc., show that as per you, you and your peers are the only ones with a rational response to the issue. Please TRY to consider:

1. Perhaps I am as capable as you are to form my opinions differently than you do.

2. Perhaps I am aware of what you list as problematic and I view other things are problematic.

3. Perhaps we disagree, and it's okay.

4. Your side is and always has been winning this debate in the US.

In regards to gun violence being on a decreasing trend, I need to check some sources, but you probably have yours, and they are probably as valid as any opposing views.

Nuance, man. There is such a thing as a nuance.

Enlill, you can own a car without a license, but not use it... I think in this sense, enough said... In other senses, okay, there's a lot of room for debate.

--------------------
In Hebrew, the words "wine" and "secret" hold the same numerologic value. When wine comes in, secrets spill out. Do you think the person who said that knew mushrooms? When mushrooms come in... Is there anything beyond a secret?

Edited by Count of Sabugosa (05/04/17 12:31 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: Cyrus19] * 1
    #24295111 - 05/04/17 12:33 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The proportional  frequency of American gun violence is extremely low and on par with all nations like Australia etc and has been on a downward trend since the 70s.

You're completely delusional.

The US has 20 times the population of Australia but 150 times the number of gun deaths.

The US has 40x the gun death rate compared to Britain. Not 40x more deaths. Death rate.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/how-u-s-gun-deaths-compare-to-other-countries/

Quote:

Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries, a new study finds.

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the United States' gun-related murder rate is 25 times higher. And, even though the United States' suicide rate is similar to other countries, the nation's gun-related suicide rate is eight times higher than other high-income countries, researchers said.

Wow such freedom

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (05/04/17 12:38 PM)

InvisiblePsychonott
Stranger
    #24295121 - 05/04/17 12:39 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Well my main point is that it's on the decline and of course a larger population will have greater frequency

Studies can and often are manipulated for the agencies agenda funding the research. My argument stands on the merit of the constitution, its authors, and logic. A little more substantial your liberal studies

The main point of gun freedom in America may result in slightly higher frequencies they are utilized, however it is the last straw that keeps govt illusion of power in check.

What's extremely delusional is being fooled into relinquishing your self auntonmy to an organization with a century long track record of implementing policies that directly hurt heir constituents. Can you please explain this one issue koods!?

--------------------
Enlils true purpose is to get us off topic and to cast enough logical doubts so that outsiders viewing this would be more likely to side with his fake opinions rather than our or sometimes controlled opppsotions opinions.

You see if you are too skilled at not falling for their traps and stating logically sound debunks then other accounts who purposefully agree with 90% of the truth join in and get the entire topic off the main points.

It's their 1960s version of damage control and diversion but man it's painfully obvious in 2017

Edited by Psychonott (05/04/17 12:41 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24295123 - 05/04/17 12:40 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Gun owners should be required to buy liability insurance. They all say they are responsible yet somehow they end up killing tens of thousands of people.

OfflineCount of Sabugosa
Nerdy floater
Male User Gallery

#24295130 - 05/04/17 12:43 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

(Posted the wrong link, hold on haha

Here ya go - http://www.newsweek.com/gun-violence-gun-control-how-us-compares-469708)

What did I say about finding the cherry-picked evidence of your choice? At least this article gives us rope for a more thorough research.

--------------------
In Hebrew, the words "wine" and "secret" hold the same numerologic value. When wine comes in, secrets spill out. Do you think the person who said that knew mushrooms? When mushrooms come in... Is there anything beyond a secret?

Edited by Count of Sabugosa (05/04/17 12:51 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: Psychonott] * 1
    #24295131 - 05/04/17 12:43 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychonott said:
Well my main point is that it's on the decline and of course a larger population will have greater frequency

The main point of gun freedom in America may result in slightly higher frequencies they are utilized, however it is the last straw that keeps govt illusion of power in check.

What's extremely delusional is being fooled into relinquishing your self auntonmy to an organization with a century long track record of implementing policies that directly hurt heir constituents. Can you please explain this one issue koods!?

Give me a break. Guns aren't keeping the government in check. Just the opposite. The police have tyrannical powers in this country. Cops get away with it because the citizenry is armed.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineCount of Sabugosa
Nerdy floater
Male User Gallery

#24295136 - 05/04/17 12:45 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Guns are not keeping gov in check (2). That's for mighty sure...

And, I'll say it again: When a potential despot comes to power, the NRA folks and gun lovers are usually by his/her side (vide Trump).

Edited by Count of Sabugosa (05/04/17 12:48 PM)

InvisiblePsychonott
Stranger
    #24295141 - 05/04/17 12:48 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Koods can you please stop dodging the question and respond to instead Gallup galoshing avoiding a response

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: Count of Sabugosa]
    #24295145 - 05/04/17 12:50 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I certainly don't trust the judgement of gun nuts when it comes to who is a tyrant. These are the same people who take the side of cops when they murder civilians.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisiblePsychonott
Stranger
    #24295151 - 05/04/17 12:52 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

They sure introduce lots anti gun propaganda if they aren't threatened by this liberty and they also rely heavily on many illusions to foool people into rule and order. Cops are some of the most corrupt workers and a perfect example of normal humans putting on a Halloween costume in order to instill fear and make the illusion of govt power stronger.

Where have I heard it's just people doing their job. Nazis and concentration camps?? Hmm sounds logically sound.....

The true and full meaning of the second amendment was to have the constituents equally armed ( at that time it meant muskets and ships) to fend off enemies which  were too fresh in their heads to forget (Great Britain) when sometimes the largest enemy is your own government

And koods you just keep rewording a different response that in no way answers the question. Why do you relinquish self autonomy? Furthermore why do you trust an agency like the compartmentalized US govt who has over the last century proven to make laws that go directly against the benefits of its citizens 

OfflineCount of Sabugosa
Nerdy floater
Male User Gallery

#24295157 - 05/04/17 12:54 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

And to help you with your response, I think that trusting anyone who loves guns over the government is as good a choice as any... This is about your freedom, and lest anyone say the opposite they are favoring the decisions of a tyrant institution... too much... again, chill with those blanket assumptions...

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: Psychonott]
    #24295163 - 05/04/17 12:55 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychonott said:
The true and full meaning of the second amendment was to have the constituents equally armed ( at that time it means muskets and ships) to fend of enemies which they were too dress to forget (Great Britain) when sometimes the largest enemy is your own government

The true purpose was put in the 2nd Amendment itself, but people tend to ignore that first part.  :shrug:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24295166 - 05/04/17 12:57 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

We have a constitutionally mandated process for changing a government we don't like. It's called voting. Taking up arms against the government is also delineated in the constitution: it's called treason. There's also the part of the constitution that gives the government the power to strip you of your rights if you take up arms against the government. In no way did the founders ever envision violence as a remedy against a tyrannical domestic government. Just the opposite. They made sure the constitution made clear that that remedy was not an option - taking up arms against the US is the only crime listed in the constitution. You people think you are patriots while fantasizing about treason. You're unamerican.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisiblePsychonott
Stranger
    #24295169 - 05/04/17 01:03 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

So then answer the question rather then expertly dodging it and making your lack self of autonomy sound patriotic.

I know the founders didn't want mandated processes to dictate and alter the meaning of or liberties when it benefits those up top the most.

True patriots don't wait on legislation to practice freedom and liberty and clearly the constitution says my right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Yet you suggest they should

You forget that the largest enemy was the colonies own government so hate to break your bubble but with this tyrannical regime of Great Britain, very analogous to modern America, is exactly why the patriots said our right to arms shall no be infringed.

For if they were it would distort the balances of power and cause power struggles. The govt would then have to hire people to illogically defend this uncontituonal position and they would be exposed after debating with someone logically sound.

And why do you relinquish your self autonomy to a system that has been failing and a track record of passing laws hat directly hurt freedoms and liberties?

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: Psychonott]
    #24295182 - 05/04/17 01:08 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I know the founders didn't want mandated processes to dictate and alter the meaning of or liberties when it benefits those up top the most.

Yes they did. It's called the constitution. Stop making shit up to fit your narrative. If you don't like the processes then you amend the constitution.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24295185 - 05/04/17 01:10 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

And why do you relinquish your self autonomy to a system that has been failing and a track record of passing laws hat directly hurt freedoms and liberties?

Because it's better than letting a bunch of gun nuts make the rules. It's bad enough that you all voted that moron Trump into office. That only proves how poor your judgment is.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Trump declares end of 8-year assault on 2nd Amendment [Re: Psychonott] * 3
    #24295192 - 05/04/17 01:13 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

sorry to derail/butt in on this discussion, but this is one i can't ignore

Quote:

Webster10 said:
Americans own the most guns per capita out of any country's citizens in the world. Seems like you have something against Americans. If you're so anti-American, why don't you just move?

there it is.  some pseudo patriot always trots out this old trope in a discussion like this one.  "why don't you just move".  i'll tell you why: because koods is only being a good american. 

speech, demonstration, and association against the status quo are as american as apple pie and baseball, dude.  koods is only being a good american by speaking out about that which he feels strongly.  IOW, it's an entirely amercian thing to speak out like he's doing.

on the other hand, it's entirely UNamerican to do what you're doing; attempting to shut down free speech.  didn't we just go over this (and over and over) in the Berkley thread?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom