Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

umm.. so this is it.. anti-depressant log
    #2424992 - 03/12/04 05:35 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

this is the moment I have been waiting for....

I got my lexapro. its a 2 week trail to see if its right for me.. but its a start... I am going to make this my log.

I will start tomorrow... If I become someone I am not.. someone please shoot me...

:sun:

zerohero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: umm.. so this is it.. anti-depressant log [Re: ]
    #2425055 - 03/12/04 06:14 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

cool this seems like a good idea.

Offlinemasterg
Stranger
Loc: CA
    #2425513 - 03/12/04 09:37 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Lexapro never gave me any noticeable effects beside the inability to become erect, or ever splooge. Best of luck in overcoming your depression, sir.

--------------------
Peace,
masterg

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2425738 - 03/12/04 11:04 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

They reckon most antidepressants take two weeks to work. Though I have trouble beleiving it's an all or none thing where at 14 days from the first pill you suddenly feel good. How often are you going to post in this thread?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Anonymous #1

#2426301 - 03/13/04 03:58 AM (20 years, 20 days ago)

goodluck with that man
i take efexor and its really helped me,just don't get pissed on them cause it can make you go crazy(assuming they are similar),they do affect your sexual ability too,thats when will power comes into it :thumbup:

Anonymous #1

#2427157 - 03/13/04 11:12 AM (20 years, 20 days ago)

thanks for everyone thats posting in this thread. :heart:  I am taking lexapro to regulate my depression, my depression comes in waves for me and each time it becomes worse.  My happy days are too happy and my sad days aren't worth living, I just need a middle days now. :laugh:

>How often are you going to post in this thread?

I will be posting everyday.. I will write down my thoughts and feeling from lexapro.  I know the pill wont work until a month or so but the side effect are felt the first day.. thats the reason I made this log.. its mostly for the side effect for the first 2 weeks....

day 1.

I took the pill at 8 am.  it was a small circular disc.  As I held that pill in my hand I feel an overwelming want to back out of this deal I made.  I didn't want to have this in my body, I wanted to end my depression naturally, "why am I doing this", I asked myself.  I decided my attempt to end my depression by myself are filed with endless promises and lost hope.. I realized this in the next moment and then I swallow the pill.

I went to work, after an hour I began to feel a little light headed.  My jaw has been tense and my stomach was aching(probably b/c I didn't eat anything when I took the pill).  I know that if I feel good its mostly me, as the pill wont work for another few weeks but I seemed to feel tense and anxious.  I seemed to get a little depression as the day has goes on and I can't figure it out, sometimes I just tear up with no purpose. it feels good though and I don't mind it as I have a problem releasing emotion.

Offlinexjessesxgirlx
present

Loc: inside
    #2427674 - 03/13/04 02:32 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

hm interesting  :alert: keep us posted zero!

--------------------
You know Rents, for a vegetarian, you're a mean shot.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: umm.. so this is it.. anti-depressant log [Re: xjessesxgirlx]
    #2427700 - 03/13/04 02:39 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

good for you man.. i'll probably be doing the same thing sometime in the future but with a different kind. Lexapro didn't seem to have any affect on me. I'm well experienced in the area of trying antidepressants and I have found some that have worked in the past well for me which were effexor and remeron but the array of side effects that came along with it were just too much for me to bare. I was on a high dose of that stuff and the mixture so that's probably why it was real bad. Anyhow, good luck dude :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Anonymous #1

Re: umm.. so this is it.. anti-depressant log [Re: Locus]
    #2428124 - 03/13/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

thats what i found with effexor too,i was first put on 150 mg which practically made me a zombie,so i switched to 75mg and its just right,i also get nauseas and a headache if i miss a day.
i hear you zerohero,i was exactly the same with ultra happiness at one end to breaking out in tears for various reasons at the other,i was moody and violent and at one time there wasn't a wall in my house that didn't have a hole in it,one time i went mental and ripped a whole wall out of our living room.i know people say manic dep. is all bullshit,but believe me my family have had some well deserved peace since i have taken them

Anonymous #1

#2428292 - 03/13/04 06:02 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

day 1 continued:

I am a complete dick for some reason. This entire day I have the patience of a saint but the wrath of a tyrant. I am off set by very annoying people. I have a want to hurt someone very badly, I think it might be ex bestfriend who is dating my ex... I want to get into a fight and I want to hurt someone... a burst of power and clarity surges through my veins. I can't believe I feel like this, is only been one day.. I usually smoke pot almost everyday but I have to stop now.. I am not sadden by this either as I normal am... I don't know where this anger is coming from but I am glad I am experiencing it. usually I am a push over and I am a peace keeper. fuck that.

Anonymous #2

#2429985 - 03/13/04 11:55 PM (20 years, 19 days ago)

yeah man, i just started excersizing and me too, my agression is coming out, and on thursday at work, everyone was like "wow he's come out of his shell"  i work with annoying high schoolers, so i let em know what was on my mind.

Edited by shaos (04/19/11 07:34 PM)

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#2430047 - 03/14/04 12:12 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

It is normal when withdrawing from pot to be pretty irritable, so that might be causing the aggression. It only lasts about a week usually though.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleElise
Inner Being

Loc: Ohio
    #2434778 - 03/15/04 11:53 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Good luck with your plan. Depression is a nasty thing. Its a rough road to get down. Just remember that you you have lots of friends that are here for you and are cheering you on!!  :smile:

I have found that writing down my problems in a journal is very helpful. I feel like I have lifted a bunch of weight off my back when I am done. So I think your idea of this log is great. Then you will be able to look back and see where your progress is.

Offlinexjessesxgirlx
present

#2434841 - 03/15/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

zero hello, have you been keeping this thing up to date? how do you feel today?

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2434982 - 03/15/04 12:50 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

thanks guys..

I didn't post yesterday because I wasn't up to it... today is an another emotional day.  I feel wired and my palm are sweating.  I have an edgy feeling and I could snap at anyone.  OTD is going to help me release some of this anger I have inside.  Yesterday was a very good day for me, I went to the park and played frisbee for hours, my roommate and I went hiking and explored our ground for where all the mushrooms will be growing in the coming months. :smile:

I would have to say yesterday was the best day I have had in quite awhile, I was happy that I was spending time outside and that I didn't rush what we did.  I got to relax and enjoy the nice air and fresh grass.  I will try to do things like that more often as I seem to get alot of enjoyment out of them.

Today is a little edgy, like I had said earlier.  I have been working out to get fit again. I have alot of focus right now too but I don't know if I could direct it to one task right now.  I want to read but I can't seem to get into the book.  I have noticed the side effects alot.  I am still able to be sexual active though(which is a good thing, I can get it up, lol).  I just don't like the light headed feeling or the stomach aches.

my feet have been getting numb alot.. I get those pricklies alot and I notice it as a side effect.  I also get tears when I am not sad. I still think I mind is dealing with pain from past pains. but the good news is, I feel I will be better and more focused than I have in years.

Offlinexjessesxgirlx
present

#2435256 - 03/15/04 02:16 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

sweet so it's workin out for you :thumbup: that's awesome :heart: yay

--------------------

Anonymous #1

Re: umm.. so this is it.. anti-depressant log [Re: xjessesxgirlx]
    #2435271 - 03/15/04 02:20 PM (20 years, 18 days ago)

I don't know if I could do this for long periods of time...sometimes I feel like I am insane but yet I am sober..it makes me realize how crazy I really am...

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#2437936 - 03/16/04 01:50 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Hey. I reckon you should do some research into marijuana withdrawal so that you don't confuse the withdrawal with side-effects from the antidepressant - if you might quit the antidepressant bc you thought the withdrawal was side effects. I mean, stomach-ache, the sweats, mood swings and dizziness are all withdrawal symptoms from marijuana .

--------------------

Anonymous #1

#2443452 - 03/17/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

I decided to not quit smoking mj...

so there isn't withdrawls to from mj... :smile: 

day, lost count. hehe

ok, I haven't had any bad affect anymore, no dizziness, lightheaded feeling, or mood swings.  I am feeling pretty good right now. I do have a quick  temper though. the mj has helped smooth out the effect of the pills, I can tell that right away.  I even drank a bit vodka(one shot worth) and sprite yesterday and didn't have bad effects from it.  I am still emotional though.. I still get tears for no reason and feel like I could cry if I wanted too...I actually feel like I could tear on command... :\  its weird but I consider it a side effect as of now.. I just hope I am not always like this.

Offlinexjessesxgirlx
present

#2443481 - 03/17/04 01:20 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

zerohero said:
I don't know if I could do this for long periods of time...sometimes I feel like I am insane but yet I am sober..it makes me realize how crazy I really am...

ok zero...I think you'll be ok... lots of ppl question their own sanity I'm sure. it's not easy to get on the other side of it, but ultimately I kinda see it like everyone's a lil crazy so I'm not really afraid of the term "crazy"....but of course there are those where their degree of mental illness is very uncomfortable to the point where they don't know who they are half the time. be happy that's not you I guess. lol.

mental health is so important in life so I'm glad you (and I and anyone who needs it) can get help here in this grand country of ours. actually I think more funding should be provided for it as opposed to money being put into nasa and usless stuff like that. sorry nasa enthusiasts lol

hope your doing better zero  :heart: sorry for the tangent too lol

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck