Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Drug Czar Schedule Released!
    #2427097 - 03/13/04 12:50 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

This just in from the Drug Policy Alliance in my email

Drug Czar Schedule Released!

John Walters's Drug Testing Propaganda Tour Schedule Made Public

A Rare Opportunity to Grill the Drug Czar

Drug Czar John Walters is at it again - traveling around the country on a taxpayer-funded drug war myths tour - but this time we have his schedule!!

Walters and the White House usually keep his schedule a secret until the last minute because they fear that drug policy reformers like you will challenge his drug war lies. This time around we can plan ahead and pressure him to answer the real questions! We know exactly where he will talk and what topic he will address - the Bush administration's plans to take away parents' rights to decide how best to keep their kids safe. Let's say no to student drug testing!!!

Please organize a group to attend the Office of National Drug Control Policy Student Drug Testing Regional Summits. These events will attract media attention, a great opportunity to get our opposition heard!

** If you don't live near any of the summit locations, please forward this message on to family and friends who do!

The dates and locations of the meetings are:

Chicago, IL, March 16, 2004. 9am-5pm
(Radisson Hotel Schaumburg, 1725 Algonquin Road)

Fresno, CA, March 18, 2004. 9am-5pm
(Fresno Convention Center, 848 M Street)

Atlanta, GA, March 25, 2004. 9am-5pm
(Holiday Inn, 450 Capitol Avenue)

Denver, CO, April 8, 2004. 9am-5pm
(Executive Tower Hotel, 1405 Curtis Street)

You can RSVP for the summits at http://www.cmpinc.net/dts/ . We will send emails to those of you in the areas where these events will occur as we have more details. You can check our online tool kit for ways to help end student drug testing.

Student drug testing has been attracting growing attention since President Bush pushed for greater use of this drug war policy in schools during his State of the Union address. He is even willing to put forward $23 million of our taxpayer dollars to help fund this invasive practice.

Student drug testing is controversial for many reasons. The White House, in its accelerating encroachment on civil liberties, wants to take away parents' rights to protect their own children and take away teachers' rights to teach. This is a safety issue, and collecting children's urine is a serious concern. What's more, studies even show that student drug testing doesn't work to deter drug use. Student drug testing destroys the trust between children and adults, and drives students away from the choir, debate team, chess club, and other extracurricular activities that are proven to help them stay off drugs. Whether you are a parent, a student, a teacher, or just a concerned citizen, this insidious invasion of our nation's schools is a horrifying example of the White House pushing its insane drug war policies on our families.

John Walters is giving us the perfect opportunity to put a stop to student drug testing once and for all!! Make your voice heard at these events and make a difference.

Please forward this email on to anyone you know in Chicago, IL; Fresno, CA; Atlanta, GA; and Denver, CO. We'll keep you up-to-date on actions against the Office of National Drug Control Policy Student Drug Testing Regional Summits in these areas.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Drug Czar Schedule Released! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2427100 - 03/13/04 12:51 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

You beat me to it. I was gonna post this.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Re: Drug Czar Schedule Released! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2427273 - 03/13/04 01:48 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

That's kind of funny that you said that because the last time I posted something from the DPA some one said the same thing in the second post.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Drug Czar Schedule Released! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2429862 - 03/14/04 01:10 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Timothy McVeigh could have done so much more with his life.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Remaining Few - Painted Air

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Re: Drug Czar Schedule Released! [Re: Learyfan]
    #2430828 - 03/14/04 11:41 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

I hope you aren't implying what it sounds like you are. Let's learn to play well with others.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion