Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Tales of Der Campfire * 1
    #24259804 - 04/20/17 02:42 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Ladies and unbathed gentlemens let us gather around the virtual shroomery campfire and share with one another our stories. Camping, hiking, off-roading, hunting, fishing, whatever you'd like to or normally would share around the campfire before everyone settles down for the night.

I'll warm it up.
Last year, memorial day weekend, I went camping up in the mountains. The very night I came I managed to get the tent set up and tarpped moments before it started fucking pouring. I got pretty damn wet. Tent thankfully stayed relatively dry tho.

The next morning was sunny and warm. I pulled the tarp off and noticed a few spiders on the tent. Looked more closely and saw one was a black widow. Obviously I couldn't crush it against my tent and obviously I didn't want to leave it there so I grabbed a stick and wrapped it up with its web on that. Only it wasn't wrapped up and was pissed, immediately started to scramble toward my fingers. I threw that stick about as fast as humanly possible. Freaked me the fuck out.

Later that day I was pulling out some firewood. Pulled out a log and flipped it over on the ground. Like 2 inches from where my fingers were was another fatass black widow. That one got smashed.

I've lived in the area my whole life and have only ever seen 2 black widows before. I think it was some kind of bad omen, though there were spiders all over that campground. Later that year I picked up a paddle brush and had a small spider crawl out and onto my hand. Yes it was another black widow.

Eerie as fuck.

Your turn mate. Tell us about your outdooring ventures.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24259857 - 04/20/17 03:15 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Someone is going to piss on the fire, and it's gonna stink!

I was a scout and usually the one to suffer but a tuff sob kid.  Pokr as fuck too like a few others.

I have ac and don't wonder anymore.  No car so no gatherings.  Camping in the backyard is sorta lame.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24259902 - 04/20/17 03:41 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I dunno about camping but I do like to have a small backyard fire from time to time. If only to roast hotdogs.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #24259930 - 04/20/17 03:53 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Top-ten things that have happened over the past few years in the Mohave Desert:

10 Two large burros ran right through my camp, the ground shook and my drink spilled.

9 My belt was laying on a rock and a hawk swooped down and grabbed it.

8 A giant desert owl perched right behind me, hooted and then flew right over my head.

7 A rattlesnake went off right by my tent, they always rattle as they slither away.

6 I looked down at my feet in my tent and a giant black widow had made it's home right next to my foot.

5 On the trail at night, two large glowing eyes were suddenly staring at me, probably a coyote.

4 A huge swarm of bees flew right through my camp, that one was really weird.

3 I was camped in a cave and a ring-tailed cat kept rummaging through my pack and stealing my snacks.

2 A humming bird hovered in front of my face and later that day, 4 miles away, the same bird checked me out again.

1 I'll never tell anyone cause they won't believe me anyway.

Plus mad bats, tarantulas, giant moths, and countless well-timed meteors and fire-balls... I love camping.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: Middleman]
    #24260022 - 04/20/17 04:35 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Hell yes :awesomenod:

I've seen quite a few meteors too. Watched some green hued commit one year, sadly don't remember the name of it tho. Nothing beats chillin out under the stars in the quiet night air tho.

I admit tho sometimes you guys tell stories and I get sketched the fuck out about killer bees and bears and snakes the next time I go out camping by myself. I dunno why tho. When I do encounter potentially dangerous situations I'm always pretty calm.

Went to go toss out some bugged out wood from camp once and walked about 6-7 feet from camp and came face to face with a buck with a huge rack. Like I saw a general shape, just thought it was a fallen tree and logs or something, but it lifted its head and it looked dead at me. That entire camping trip had ME bugged out the entire time. It was like I ate too many mushrooms and the trip lasted forever and was amazing yet terrifying. Maybe I'll detail it out tonight or tomorrow. But anyway the buck and I scared the shit out of eachother and we both ran away :lol:

That was in south Carolina I believe. Hutnington Island. By far the wildest formal campground I've ever been to in my life. Strongly reccomend it to people who want running water but still want the isolated deep woods vibe. And most especially to anyone on the east coast who wants beach and deep woods (we camped maybe half a mile from shore) I hope to go back again one day but I dunno if they'd still be open to public. It's a nature reserve that, at the time, was losing 15 feet of beach due to erosion each year. But that's part of what made it such a unique experience.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24260029 - 04/20/17 04:39 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:

1 I'll never tell anyone cause they won't believe me anyway.

Also you should try me on that. I have a buddy that got attacked by a chupacabra and a brother that was harassed by a flying monkey.

Totally believe both.
Believe my buddy had to punch the goat sucker in the face too.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#24260220 - 04/20/17 06:22 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Ha, no cryptids or ufos, it was just a pulsing, glowing orb on the side of a cliff where no one could hike. It was in an area of petroglyphs. I wasn't high. Oh, and one night a huge craft rose over the ridge and lit up the whole canyon. It was just a private jet flying very low, but for a second there I thought I was going to get off this mad planet...

Thanks for helping me remember this stuff. I've been meaning to start a high-desert hiking thread with pics.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24261312 - 04/21/17 08:15 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Of course. It's part of why I wanted to make the thread. I'd like to hear some of you guyses adventures (they are honestly quite entertaining) but I'd also like to catalog the memories, have a place to store and share them.

The random outdoor photo is great and a picture can say a thousand words, but it can't tell a story.

Orbs like that are supposedly common in areas of either high radiation or high magnetic activity. The world is complex and strange, I've never doubted alot of the things we've associated with ghosts and aliens are natural phenomenon.
Though some are definitely aliens and ghosts.

--------------------

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around some corner... Flag
    #24261347 - 04/21/17 08:49 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

So this occurred when I was in rehab, it was out in the middle of nowhere Nevada. Really like nowhere.

I was 50 miles from the proving grounds (nuke testing sites) and relatively close to area 51, the nearest town had 1000 people, and outside of that you could expect to drive 2-3 at top speed before finding any significant civilization.

One night I was standing out in the desert, just looking at the crazy stars. There are so many out in nowhere, it's like a blanket, I can see how stars inspired imaginative stories in primitive people. Not what I'm used to at home at all.

So I'm just looking at the sky, and I see some kind of light coming from north of where I was. I looked on curiously, for a second or two, just having no idea what it might be.

Suddenly the sky filled with light, like it was day time, just so fast, like a flash. The stars disappeared, the sky turned blue like day, and I could see all around me, where seconds before it all entirely dark.

Then, just as fast as it came, the light disappeared, leaving me in darkness once more. Then I heard a big *CRACK*.

I ran down into the laundry room, which was partially underground, assuming it was some kind of nuclear weapon. I was pretty shaken and went back inside to a room full of people, just yammering on and on about this crazy shit I just saw.

They thought I was on drugs until one other dude who happened to be looking out of the window when it happened backed me up.

In the morning the news said it was a meteorite the size of a stove that had smacked into southern Colorado or something.

Yeah, not buying it. That was the most in your face thing I saw out there, but it was all government restricted airspace and I saw "ufos" a number of times, as well as jets flying in formation.

Another time I was looking up at the sky in broad daylight, just watching this jet, and then it was gone. I was just searching all over the sky like, "where did it go" and I heard a shattering BOOOOOOOM. The dude just snapped through the sound barrier or something, I was watching it crawl across the sky, then it was gone.

Pilots used to buzz the valley the rehab center was sometimes and break the sound barrier too, they shattered the windows once.

Crazy shit.

--------------------
God lay his finger at the Mouth of the Serpent

March 1984

A pleasing land of drowsy head it was,
Of dreams that wave before the half-shut eye,
And of gay castles in the clouds that pass,
For ever flushing round a summer sky. -Castle of Indolence

OfflineBoogin
Wayfarer

Loc: Mid West
Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #24261516 - 04/21/17 10:25 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

In college, I once went camping in Arkansas during the week in October. We had a long drive so we arrived in around 11 PM. The camp ground was in a river valley, it was partially cloudy and a mist hung around in the cool night air. The air was thick.  :pipesmoke: 

We were busing ourselves collecting firewood when a guy rode out of the woods on a white horse with another white house in tow. The moon had just come out from behind some clouds and bathed him in its cool light.

:barbershreds:

Of course we were pretty stoned and this was surreal as hell. At first, I would have sworn that he was a ghost except for the yellow pack of Always Save cigarettes in his pocket.

He rode right up to me and said. "Ya'll don't know how long I've had this cigarette."

My mind reeled but I was able to say, "Do you need a lighter?"

He said, "Yeah." So I offered him a lighter.

He light his cigarette and said, "I've got the makings for a left-handed cigarette if you've you the utensils."

Fortunately, I knew he was asking if we wanted to smoke because I speak a little hillbilly myself. I said, "I've got a bowl if that's what you mean."

He proceed to tie his horses up by the river, we made a fire and he sat down. He opened up a can of dip and this fluffy ass weed just kind of sprang out like BAM! So we sat around the fire and enjoyed his homegrown in exchange for some of our beers.

We lost a little time at this point. I was suddenly aware that my friends had all gone to bed except for one. My friend is full blooded Cherokee and looks very Native. The guy with the horses looked very much from out of the past. So it was weird to be sitting around the camp fire light with my Indian friend and his ghost from the past. The image is burned into my mind. It was then when he asked for a paper plate. "Sure, no problem," I said.

He kept saying, "Now don't worry about what I'm doing. It ain't no thing. Don't you worry." All this while chopping up lines of something on the plate. He took a big line and said, "Sometimes I babble incoherently." Which he proceeded to do while peeking into the tents of my sleeping friends.

It turns out that he lived up the rode but couldn't see where he was going because his pupils were so constricted from snorting meth and it was a dark night!

At this point we asked him to leave and he did so. He seemed harmless but we were ready for bed. But we knew he would be back. Meth heads always come back and he did. This time we asked him very politely to leave with an ax in hand. I think I said something like, we just don't want you watching us sleep, you know.

I don't think he came back that night and if he did we were left in peace. It was a totally surreal experience and the guy wasn't ever upset and neither were we. I will always remember how surreal this experience was.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: Boogin]
    #24262079 - 04/21/17 03:26 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

That is pretty wild man.
Also why I stopped smoking weed with strangers. ...well before I stopped smoking weed. I don't have a problem with people doing harder drugs but I definitely don't want them using around me.

Just riding a fucking horse high on meth. Actually sounds funny :lol: I bet its fun too.

Toe Jam: I've seen jets break the sound barrier too. Was wondering if that might be what the crack with the bright light was?

--------------------

InvisibleChRnZN
Din of Doom
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: ADK
    #24262125 - 04/21/17 03:48 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I saw something falling from the sky when i was making a fire one late afternoon in New Hampshire.  It was on fire and seemed pretty huge.

I also got lost in the woods on the border of Vermont and Canada for about 24 hours.  Luckily it was during the summer and it was warm enough for me not to have to worry about hypothermia.  It did rain for multiple hours and the temperature dipped down to the sixties, but I just kept walking.  I saw a bear that was walking just over a little hump in the trail not 50 yards ahead of me.  It wasn't too big but it definitely could have defended itself without any trouble.  I think I was up-wind from it; it didn't even sense me.  I ended up getting out of the woods after a day of falling into marshes and eating sickening amounts of raspberries.  Was able to follow the road back to my car.  It sure was mighty weird walking around the woods all night not knowing where the hell I was.  Good way to kill a weekend, though.

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

#24263518 - 04/22/17 07:52 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Toe Jam: I've seen jets break the sound barrier too. Was wondering if that might be what the crack with the bright light was?

I'm personally convinced it was some kind of nuclear detonation. I was not far from where they historically tested those things and it came from that direction. It was bright on the horizon at first, like dawn was breaking, and then it was like daytime.

I suppose I don't really know what a meteorite impact looks like, which is what the news claimed it was, but I just can't imagine it releasing so much light. One moment the stars blanketed the sky, the next it was blue like day and I could see all around me.

Also, and I know how this sounds, I had an experience with a Ouija board years later and it was giving answers left and right, I asked it if what I saw was a nuclear explosion and it just zipped right to "yes".

I trust the people I was with too and everyone had goosebumps and denied moving the eye at all.

--------------------

March 1984

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: Toe_Jam]
    #24264374 - 04/22/17 03:30 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

It wasn't a nuke, I've seen fireballs light up the whole sky. I do hear tons of bombs on weekdays in the desert. The nearest range is 250 miles away. They must be big bombs. Why do they have to use real bombs? Just so defense cos make $ I guess.

Yeah, meteors can be very big and move very slow. And those quick bright flashes in the sky are satellites not ufos. :bobdobbs:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24264971 - 04/22/17 08:17 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

They can be meteors too. Sometimes you notice them right before they burn out.

--------------------

Offlinedodgem
Learner
 User Gallery

#24270801 - 04/25/17 02:13 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I have a few I could share, I've been known to sit next to a nice fire or two in the past.  Here's one I think is kinda fun.

Here is a picture of a fire from the exact place I speak of in this chilling tale (it may be the same fucking fire for all I know)

One night after hiking out about a mile to our camp site we were sitting around the fire (which just so happened to be in this badass old stone chimney in the middle of the woods) when I heard this 'kerplunk' a ways off in the distance.  The sun had been down for a couple hours and a handful of beers had been put down at that point so I wasn't sure what I really heard, I just dismissed it.  About 15 minutes later I heard the sound again and mentioned to the few people I was with about it.  None of them heard it so I again put it out of my mind (like my last ex) and forgot about it.  10 minutes later 'KERPLUNK', we all heard that one.  A couple seconds went by of everyone exchanging looks of bewilderment. 

I started to piece things together.  It sounded like something falling into the water.  And there was a little pond about 250 yards from where we were camping.  We heard it again and decided it sounded like some dropping a cinder block from a boat into the water, but why the hell would someone be doing that at ~11 pm at night? 

We decided to investigate.  Headlamps were gathered and strapped to our noggins, an extra log or two was thrown onto the fire, and courage was available canned up in our hands.  Off we went trekking through the woods.  Destination - Pond.  Upon arriving we spread out a few meters each around the pond, awaiting the mysterious sound while searching the water with our lights.  Minutes past and our eyes wandered off to the star lit sky and our ears picking out owl hoots and other night sounds in the wilderness. 

'KERRRPLUNKK' - Da fuck was that?!  It definitely came from the pond, about 30 yards from where we stood on the ponds bank.  We waited another 20 minutes hoping to experience it again, but times were becoming dire.  Only one of the group of 5 was smart enough to bring an extra beer with us on our journey so we were running short on our most necessary resource.  How much longer could we wait while holding these empty cans in our hands that were meant to hold full beers?  We had a decision to make.  We turned out backs to the pond and the mysterious noise in search for our treasure chest of a cooler and the warmth of the fire we let dwindle down during our excursion.  Questions were still running through everyone's mind for at least a blunt and a beer later when, with both intrigue and fulfillment, one who could be compared to the likes of THE Sherlock Holmes, "could it be a.......

Beaver?

Yea, it probably was a fucking beaver wacking its god damn tail against the water. 

Here is the cool ass chimney I spent a many night next to when I lived in the area

--------------------
Walk where you like your steps

InvisibleToe_Jam
Bluefoot Bandit
Male User Gallery

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: dodgem]
    #24270854 - 04/25/17 02:38 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Hahah, that's pretty good.

Any idea what that chimney was originally a part of?

Here's a funny one of mine.

This is back in my first year of wild mushroom hunting, I had a nice bit of dried ovoids and shared with two buddies of mine. We each ate about 3 grams, which is a bit stronger than 3 grams of cubes would be.

Spent all afternoon running around in the woods, smoking weed, exploring the creek, geeking, usual shroom trip stuff. As the sun started to set we were hanging around this bridge near our old middle school. We were sitting there talking for quite some time, and as usually happens with me on such occasions we started on the subject of "the occult", aliens, ghosts, conspiracies, etc.

So as we're amping ourselves up about this stuff, I see this light in the sky on the horizon, and I don't think anything of it at first.

As time goes a little I keep seeing it, this light, but now it's obviously bobbing up and down.

"What moves like that? That's not a plane. Maybe a satellite, yack yack yack..."

But it keeps getting closer.....

"Dude, LOOK at that thing!"

All three of us are standing there on this bridge in the dark squinting our eyes to the horizon.

And this THING is getting CLOSER!

It's bobbing up and down very obviously and frequently now. I had enough and decided I was going to approach it.

I start off across this field in the direction of the light, all the while it's getting closer. My Friends start after me.

All of a sudden this light thing is ZOOMING closer and closer to me, then it's like right above us, I lay down on the ground, shielding myself from this light, fully believing I was about to be abducted by aliens.

I look up at the sky, and this thing is fully in view now.

It's...

It's....!!!

A plane. *facepalm* It must have been heading directly toward us changing altitude (the "bobbing") and zipped right by us. Leaving three young men feeling very.... Very.... Stupid. :lmafo:

--------------------

March 1984

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: Toe_Jam] * 1
    #24273939 - 04/26/17 05:21 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

toe jam, dude, i go up to that neck of the woods in nevada ll the damned time. I am actually headed up there saturday.

One night i was driving out to the spot where we go shooting and camping and what not and sure as shit, i saw a damned bright ass light coming straight for me.  I got so freaked out i pulled the truck off into the ditch. once the truck came to a stop i looked around to see if i could see tail lights or anything thinking it was another off road vehicle with their light bar on or something like that.. nope nothing was around.

still to this day i have no fucking idea what that shit was.

--------------------

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: rackem]
    #24327545 - 05/17/17 03:03 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I used to like to take the boat out after sunset (live on the Chesapeake Bay)....sometimes anchor on islands  that were around and lay back ...smoke weed or, at that time in my life....always drink beer. One time in my wilder younger years my girlfriend at the time and I  were pretty messed up already and were just joyriding around the river at full throttle and she pulled her pants down and grabbed a hold of the console while I obliged her...all at 40 mph in the dead of night. Here I was driving the boat with one hand on her shoulder and the other holding the quart of wine we were drinking while steering with my knee.

All of a sudden a boat comes toward us from the shore and shines a spotlight on my very white ass. I headed for home pulling my shorts back up and tied the boat up as quickly as possible then we both ran the 50 yds. to the house. I had also dropped the wine bottle in the water inadvertently. So it turned out to be a DNR patrol boat and he came in to the lagoon where my boat was tied...we were already in the house. Turned out it was my neighbor who was a DNR cop and he and his partner (soon to be wife) had been watching with infrared from the shore and shone the light on us just to give me shit.

I saw him the next day and he reminded me not to do such stupid stuff. If it was anyone else, I would have gotten arrested. This was back in my crazy drinking days.

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Tales of Der Campfire [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24327667 - 05/17/17 03:59 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl: lucky you. And a good neighbor to give you shit for being a hoodlum.

I've been out in the bay a few times, by boat and by kayak. Good fishing sometimes. Better in the rivers though, no eels or rays you have to worry about cutting off. My parents have a lot rented out on the northern neck of the bay now and my dad will get a bushel of crabs and a cooler full of croaker every year.

Their little dog likes to play with the fish.
My fat dog will strip the flesh off their face and have the most horrible shits the next day.

Good little place. But all the algae blooms and subsequent decay has really hurt fishing and water quality along much of it. Plant rot builds up in the inlets and lagoons and kills the other things in there and they smell terrible. I used to like to kayak through them but I don't feel it's much worth it to splash that gunk over me.

I'll be camping on the Potomac next week :awesome:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom