Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

teen dies from LSD overdose
    #24258738 - 04/20/17 01:19 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

20 APR 2017

A teenager died from a fatal dose of LSD while on a gap-year trip to Canada, weeks before he was due to start studying marine zoology, an inquest heard yesterday .

Henry Suggitt, who had been due to start studying at Bangor University in North Wales was visiting friends in southern Canada when he took the psychedelic drug.

The 19-year-old had returned to the UK from a trip travelling in south-east Asia in August 2015, but set off to north America shortly afterwards to visit friends he had made on the previous trip.

Reading aloud a statement written by his father Chris, Surrey Coroner Darren Stewart described him as a fit and active young man, despite an allergy to peanuts and suffering from asthma.

He had visited friends in Regina, Saskatchewan, before moving east to Winnipeg to meet up with his friend Bryce Duncan, whose evidence the coroner summarised to the inquest.

"It would appear that on September 2, 2015, Henry and Mr Duncan both got up to go a cabin in the countryside," he said.

"They arrived in the cabin about early afternoon at which point they consumed LSD. It was about 2.30pm to 3pm. There are no details on the amount of LSD they consumed.

"They had been drinking beer and continued to drink beer at the same time as they consumed the LSD. They subsequently went for a half-hour walk which took them out to a look-out point in a small clearing of the Canadian countryside.

"It was about that point in time, 35 minutes or so after leaving the cabin, they started to feel the effects of the drug. At that point they were just hanging out, drinking beers, laughing and chatting while looking out at a view over a valley.

"Subsequent to this Henry then started to go downhill and then laid down on the grass and look up at the sky. He then started to act in a bizarre fashion."

He continued: "Mr Duncan identified mood swings and behaviour in a manner which was bizarre, almost demonstrating a manicness - running around, throwing himself on the ground and throwing himself in trees and bushes."

Mr Stewart described to the inquest how Mr Suggitt suddenly stopped his exertions and lay still on the ground, much to the concern of his friend.

After failing to call an ambulance due to the lack of mobile phone signal, Mr Duncan briefly walked off to somewhere with better signal so he could alert the authorities.

"He was in the process of doing so when he heard Henry scream out and became silent," Coroner Sterwart explained.

"Mr Duncan then returned to where Henry was and found him unconscious. He tried to resuscitate him but was unsuccessful. He then administered Henry's EpiPen, thinking it was an allergic reaction, but that was to no avail."

Mr Duncan then went off to call paramedics, who arrived sometime later, but were unable to resuscitate him and pronounced him dead at the scene.

"Although Mr Duncan cannot give an indication as to what time it was, he said it was dark by the time the paramedics arrived," the coroner added.

A post-mortem examination carried out by pathologist Dr Susan Phillips in Winnipeg on September 3 gave the medical cause of death as LSD toxicity - something which Mr Stewart agreed with.

He was found to have 1.3 micrograms of LSD in his system, for every microlitre of blood and 31mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood.

"There's no indication of the quantity of LSD that either Henry or Mr Duncan took on September 3," he said.

"However the evidence from the post-mortem examination is clear in that it attributes Henry's death to being one of LSD toxicity.

"I accept those findings that the medical cause of death of Henry Suggitt was one of LSD toxicity and as a consequence record a conclusion of drug-related death."

Turning to his parents who both attended the inquest at Woking Coroners' Court he added: "I can only imagine how painful it must be to lose someone so young with such a promising future."

Since losing their son to what they described was a "one-off" drug experiment, his parents have raised more than £20,000 for the Surrey-based Eikon Charity, who go in schools and inform children about the dangers of taking drugs, even in isolated incidents.

Describing her son, Brigitte Suggitt, 51, said afterwards: "He was a very fit, healthy young man and he was not a normal drug-taker. This was a one-off but he chose to do it with his friend.

"For us we wanted to let others know about the dangers in that even one-off drug taking can have a devastating impact. We just want something positive to come out of all this."

Mr Suggitt, of St John's Way, Woking, Surrey, died on September 2 2015. For more information about his family's fundraising efforts visit https://gogetfunding.com/henry-suggitt .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenager-dies-fatal-dose-lsd-10259156

Edited by Ogla (04/20/17 01:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFaustoid
समन
Male User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere
Re: man dies after taking LSD [Re: Ogla]
    #24258755 - 04/20/17 01:37 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

1.3 micrograms of lsd per micro liter of blood... What?

Say 5 liters of blood. Thats 5000000 micro liters.

Roughly 7.8 grams of lsd. Unless. I did that wrong.

Wow.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: man dies after taking LSD [Re: Faustoid]
    #24258778 - 04/20/17 02:04 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Is that Kurt Cobain?

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: teen dies from LSD overdose [Re: Ogla]
    #24258798 - 04/20/17 02:36 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

:feelsbadman:

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlineaura8
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: teen dies from LSD overdose [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #24258899 - 04/20/17 05:38 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

"He was a very fit, healthy young man and he was not a normal drug-taker....."

yea right that is enough LSD to keep you high for a week. they must be missing something , or mommy never knew her son was a fuckin wizard

--------------------
save travels!

Offlinestar7896
Biscuitman
Re: teen dies from LSD overdose [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #24258914 - 04/20/17 05:49 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

There's an average of 7,000 microliters of blood in the human body so 1.3 * 7,000 = 9,100 micrograms.  So I guess it would be like eating a sheet of weak acid.  Something just seems fucked & retarded about this story.

Offlineaura8
 User Gallery

Re: teen dies from LSD overdose [Re: star7896]
    #24258943 - 04/20/17 06:08 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

well ive heard of people taking that much and not dying. does the alcohol have something to do with it? LSD is nontoxic im assuming it cant be pure LSD

--------------------
save travels!

Offlinestar7896
Biscuitman
Re: teen dies from LSD overdose [Re: aura8]
    #24258947 - 04/20/17 06:17 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I don't think it was the acid

OfflineBrown Buffalo
paisley superstar
Male

Re: teen dies from LSD overdose [Re: star7896]
    #24259000 - 04/20/17 06:50 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

:frown:

Quote:

star7896 said:
There's an average of 7,000 microliters of blood in the human body so 1.3 * 7,000 = 9,100 micrograms.  So I guess it would be like eating a sheet of weak acid.  Something just seems fucked & retarded about this story.

7 million maybe? 7000 ul = almost 1 ml

you need to multiply x1000 your calcs, so that's about 9 millions ug, almost 10g of acid

That sounds out of this world to me, no way he could be having so much stuff around and even worse taking it

Plus, 31 mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood is 0,3 g per liter, like a drink or two at max, so not even the alcohol

I call RCs or fake datas, even if it was an LSD like substance that is something absurd about the quantity in his blood

Rest in peace Henry

Offlinestar7896
Biscuitman
Re: teen dies from LSD overdose [Re: Brown Buffalo]
    #24259023 - 04/20/17 07:04 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Oops, you're right.  Yeah, that is a shitload of dose but I agree on the RC/fake data

Invisiblehowsyournaggerdoin
Happy

#24259031 - 04/20/17 07:05 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Theres been instances before where labs faked test results. It wouldnt surprise me

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #24259036 - 04/20/17 07:07 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brown Buffalo said:

Quote:

star7896 said:

you need to multiply x1000 your calcs, so that's about 9 millions ug, almost 10g of acid

That sounds out of this world to me, no way he could be having so much stuff around and even worse taking it

Plus, 31 mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood is 0,3 g per liter, like a drink or two at max, so not even the alcohol

I call RCs or fake datas, even if it was an LSD like substance that is something absurd about the quantity in his blood

Rest in peace Henry

unless he had some other biological component involved (heart issues, aneurysm/clot, etc...) i don't see how this article could be accurate

OKAY, so apparently the Mirror is a tabloid.  none of this should be taken seriously

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #24259530 - 04/20/17 12:04 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Faustoid said:

Wow.

My brain is a little fuzzy at the moment cause I'm not quite awake yet, but I got 6.5 grams.

5 liters = 5 million microliters x 1.3ug = 6,500,000ug

Now there's  1,000 micrograms in a milligram, So divide the 6,500,000ug by 1,000 and we get 6,500 milligrams.

1,000 milligrams per gram, so 6,500mg =  6.5 grams.

(To simplify the above slightly, one microgram is one millionth of a gram, just like one microliter is a millionth of a liter. So 6.5 million micrograms = 6.5 grams.) 

Now, if they actually meant "mili" rather than "micro" liter, the math would work out to 6.5 milligrams instead. Which, while still a pretty damn high dose of LSD, is much more within reason.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

InvisibleCidneyIndole
www.shroomery.OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Love's Secret Domain
    #24259551 - 04/20/17 12:13 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brown Buffalo said:

Quote:

star7896 said:

7 liters of blood?!?

A quick google tells me the average human (aprox 150-180 lbs) would contain about 4.7 to 5.5 liters of blood.

So if that's fairly accurate, I'd assume 7 liters would pretty much be a huge guy or a bodybuilder. This kid looked like neither. So 4.7-5.0 is probably closer to the max. Kid looked pretty skinny. Unless he's much taller and thicker than he looks in that pic.

Either way, even if my calculations are correct and it was "only" about 6.5mg, that's still a lot of acid. But not more than people have been known to take and survive. So how much did he really take? This story is weird.

--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: teen dies from LSD overdose [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #24259704 - 04/20/17 01:38 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have it: the first ever fatal dose of LSD!

Yeah, this can't be real. The LD-50 for LSD is so ungodly high that it's practically unknown because hardly anybody has ever died from LSD toxicity or any other psychedelic. San Pedro cactus is the most dangerous, but even then you'd have eaten a ridiculous amount for anything bad to happen. It should be common knowledge that psychedelics are pysiologically benign.

This is sad that his death is being exploited as anti-psychedelic propaganda.

If I'm wrong, then the alcohol, the lsd, and his asthma probably reacted.

As usual, let's turn a blind eye to the  innumerable deaths per year from alcohol and let's focus on the one death in the world in an incident involving a psychedelic. "See, this is why psychedelics are illegal and at Schedule 1 with a high potential for abuse and no medicinal application or value."

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

OfflineFaustoid
समन
Male User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere
Re: man dies after taking LSD [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #24259834 - 04/20/17 02:59 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CidneyIndole said:
Quote:

Faustoid said:

Wow.

My brain is a little fuzzy at the moment cause I'm not quite awake yet, but I got 6.5 grams.

5 liters = 5 million microliters x 1.3ug = 6,500,000ug

Now there's  1,000 micrograms in a milligram, So divide the 6,500,000ug by 1,000 and we get 6,500 milligrams.

1,000 milligrams per gram, so 6,500mg =  6.5 grams.

(To simplify the above slightly, one microgram is one millionth of a gram, just like one microliter is a millionth of a liter. So 6.5 million micrograms = 6.5 grams.) 

Now, if they actually meant "mili" rather than "micro" liter, the math would work out to 6.5 milligrams instead. Which, while still a pretty damn high dose of LSD, is much more within reason.

Lol, i was focusing on my phone with 1 eye at a time at that point last night, i knew something was wrong but the idea was right. Thanks for clearing that up!

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #24259840 - 04/20/17 03:03 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Poor kid. Fuck. I hope the family can eventually move on from this tragedy. Rest in peace.

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

Re: man dies after taking LSD [Re: Adden]
    #24260247 - 04/20/17 06:32 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe the Epi-pen was administered before death, because one or both of them thought that it was a good move when they were freaking out with a bad trip.  If so, the Epi-pen could have factored into the death and I can see the friend reordering events to lessen his culpability.

--------------------

InvisibleetuHad4
Meh
I'm a teapot

#24260261 - 04/20/17 06:41 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Man Accidentally Takes 1,000 LSD Hits

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

Re: man dies after taking LSD [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK]
    #24260262 - 04/20/17 06:43 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Wait...  This kid died in 2015?

I guess they thought that 4/20 needed an anti-drug story.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom