Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
invirtro question
    #2425689 - 03/12/04 10:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

two of my jars had some green mold running rampant through them. for whatever reason i put them in the spare room untouched, contam and all. a while later i checked them and they started to beat the contams. so now i have two jars fruiting invirtro. i checked out the invirtro tek at mycotopia and it says to flip the jars onto their lids, how important is this and what does it do? im guessing its just to get some fins/fruits on the bottom of the jar right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejba6511
addict
Re: invirtro question [Re: TRS]
    #2426706 - 03/13/04 08:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i would just throw out those jars and start again. They sound suspect and some forms of mold can be quite devestating to humans. Just make up some more spawn, even though i know this isnt what u want to hear. If you are doing invitro, are u using hippie's chronic tek or just allowing the jars to grow as is. If you are doing the last one then there is no need to flip, at least in afoaf's experiences.

InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
Re: invirtro question [Re: jba6511]
    #2427194 - 03/13/04 11:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ill save the shrooms from all the flushes and then break open the cake and see how it looks, if its all good ill be eating em  :mushroom2:.  i wont bother flipping the jars now, thanks.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2432407 - 03/14/04 07:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if eating them would be the best idea because contam's can cause sickness.

I think (and this is just what i think) they say to flip the jars so there is light to the top and sides of the "cake" when fruiting invitro.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2432812 - 03/14/04 09:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

feed em to a friend. just fucking with ya,

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
    #2432827 - 03/14/04 09:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TRS said:
ill save the shrooms from all the flushes and then break open the cake and see how it looks, if its all good ill be eating em  :mushroom2:.  i wont bother flipping the jars now, thanks.

Thats a good idea,then as long as it passes a good inspection,enjoy.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #2432854 - 03/14/04 09:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Do you really want to risk being violently ill in the middle of a trip? Toss those jars; you can easily grow more.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
Re: invirtro question [Re: dog]
    #2432908 - 03/14/04 09:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

if there is no sign of any contamination after you check the cake very well inside and out,why not eat them?Dont get me wrong if there is any sign of contam at all dont risk it,but green mold is sometimes overpowered by the myceluim and if there is any left youll see it the second you disect the cake.But contams would be visable.

OfflineShroomInhaler
No, I don'tsmoke them! :P

Re: invirtro question [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2432944 - 03/14/04 10:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm with snatch on this one.

The reason contaminations are so common when growing mushrooms is that the bacteria that causes these contaminations has nothing to compete with except the myc. In the real world outside, everything is competing and striving for life, and everything balances out that was, but in a closed jar, its all Myc vs. Contams. In this case the myc jsut might have one. Of course it could have jsut grown over the contaminated area, and the inside of the cake might be infested to hell, but you never know. Like you said, jsut wait until all your flushes are done, then break open the cake and examine it well. If there are any remaining traces of contaminations, then throw out all the mushrooms youcultivated off those cakes.
And of course, if your mushrooms start growing and start looking contaminated themselves, then chuck the whole cake away.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck