Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #24229148 - 04/08/17 11:52 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
You've never met anyone sent to prison?

Amd yes Enlil, we all know you love tying shit up in court for decades, your reasons are clear

I know a few people who have gone to prison.
They didn't care for it.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24229158 - 04/09/17 12:05 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

Amd yes Enlil, we all know you love tying shit up in court for decades, your reasons are clear

They didn't care for it.

Wow, yeah dude, I'm sure they would rather be out smoking blunts and fucking bitches, but...

Prison isn't rough, they are mostly like fucking daycares

So a just punishment for raping and killing children is being sent to a place where you don't work, are well fed, can watch tv all day, have gym, and all sorts of other recreational activities?

Fuck that

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: tdubz]
    #24229161 - 04/09/17 12:08 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Crazy when the CO's bring up mental trauma. Well, how was your workweek?

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/6723

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #24229175 - 04/09/17 12:20 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
Crazy when the CO's bring up mental trauma. Well, how was your workweek?

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/6723

#SnowflakeNation

--------------------

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #24229277 - 04/09/17 02:12 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:

They didn't care for it.

Wow, yeah dude, I'm sure they would rather be out smoking blunts and fucking bitches, but...

Prison isn't rough, they are mostly like fucking daycares

So a just punishment for raping and killing children is being sent to a place where you don't work, are well fed, can watch tv all day, have gym, and all sorts of other recreational activities?

Fuck that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States#Conditions
Quote:

The non-governmental organization Human Rights Watch claims that prisoners and detainees face "abusive, degrading and dangerous" conditions within local, state and federal facilities, including those operated by for-profit contractors.[119] The organization also raised concerns with prisoner rape and medical care for inmates.[120] In a survey of 1,788 male inmates in Midwestern prisons by Prison Journal, about 21% responded they had been coerced or pressured into sexual activity during their incarceration, and 7% that they had been raped in their current facility.[121]

In August 2003, a Harper's article by Wil S. Hylton estimated that "somewhere between 20 and 40% of American prisoners are, at this very moment, infected with hepatitis C".[122] Prisons may outsource medical care to private companies such as Correctional Medical Services (now Corizon) that, according to Hylton's research, try to minimize the amount of care given to prisoners in order to maximize profits.[122][123] After the privatization of healthcare in Arizona's prisons, medical spending fell by 30 million dollars and staffing was greatly reduced. Some 50 prisoners died in custody in the first 8 months of 2013, compared to 37 for the preceding two years combined.[124]

The poor quality of food provided to inmates has become an issue, as over the last decade corrections officials looking to cut costs have been outsourcing food services to private, for profit corporations such as Aramark, A'Viands Food & Services Management, and ABL Management.[125] A prison riot in Kentucky has been blamed on the low quality of food Aramark provided to inmates.[126]

Also identified as an issue within the prison system is gang violence, because many gang members retain their gang identity and affiliations when imprisoned. Segregation of identified gang members from the general population of inmates, with different gangs being housed in separate units often results in the imprisonment of these gang members with their friends and criminal cohorts. Some feel this has the effect of turning prisons into "institutions of higher criminal learning."[127]

Many prisons in the United States are overcrowded. For example, California's 33 prisons have a total capacity of 100,000, but they hold 170,000 inmates.[128] Many prisons in California and around the country are forced to turn old gymnasiums and classrooms into huge bunkhouses for inmates. They do this by placing hundreds of bunk beds next to one another, in these gyms, without any type of barriers to keep inmates separated. In California, the inadequate security engendered by this situation, coupled with insufficient staffing levels, have led to increased violence and a prison health system that causes one death a week. This situation has led the courts to order California to release 27% of the current prison population, citing the Eighth Amendment's prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment.[129] The three-judge court considering requests by the Plata v. Schwarzenegger and Coleman v. Schwarzenegger courts found California's prisons have become criminogenic as a result of prison overcrowding.[130]

In 2005, the U.S. Supreme Court case of Cutter v. Wilkinson established that prisons that received federal funds could not deny prisoners accommodations necessary for religious practices.

According to a Supreme Court ruling issued on May 23, 2011, California — which has the highest overcrowding rate of any prison system in the country — must alleviate overcrowding in the state's prisons, reducing the prisoner population by 30,000 over the next two years.[131][132][133][134]

Solitary confinement is widely used in US prisons, yet it is underreported by most states, while some don't report it at all. Isolation of prisoners has been condemned by the UN in 2011 as a form of torture. At over 80,000 at any given time, the US has more prisoners confined in isolation than any other country in the world. In Louisiana, with 843 prisoners per 100,000 citizens, there have been prisoners, such as the Angola Three, held for as long as forty years in isolation.[135][136]

In 1999, the Supreme Court of Norway refused to extradite American hashish-smuggler Henry Hendricksen, as they declared that US prisons do not meet their minimum humanitarian standards.[137]

In 2011, some 885 people died while being held in local jails (not in prisons after being convicted of a crime and sentenced) throughout the United States.[138]

As of September 2013, condoms for prisoners are only available in the U.S. State of Vermont (on September 17, 2013, the California Senate approved a bill for condom distribution inside the state's prisons, but the bill was not yet law at the time of approval).[139]

In September 2016, a group of corrections officers at Holman Correctional Facility have gone on strike over safety concerns and overcrowding. Prisoners refer to the facility as a "slaughterhouse" as stabbings are a routine occurrence.[140]

that doesn't sound much like your description

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #24229286 - 04/09/17 02:20 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

It depends on what jail or prison of course some are nicer than others just like anything. In California I was reading an article where rich prisoners could pay like $100 a night to have everything from internet,tv,fridge, ect almost like a hotel. I forgot which California county it was.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24229303 - 04/09/17 02:32 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

How horrible! Yep, we should just kill them so they don't have to endure such misery:lol:

Seriously though, you can alway find exceptions to the rule, the rule being the vast majority of prisoners live quite comfortably

http://www.journal-news.net/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/2013/01/prisons-in-united-states-have-too-many-comforts/

https://www.forbes.com/2009/07/13/best-prisons-cushiest-madoff-personal-finance-lockups.html

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: hostileuniverse] * 3
    #24230748 - 04/09/17 04:42 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Federal prisons are daycares compared to state prisons.

But that doesnt mean federal prisons are daycares. It means state prisons are fucking abominations.

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #24231082 - 04/09/17 07:29 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

While I've always heard federal prisons for nonviolent offenders were relatively country clubs, I recently read that situation has changed with all the incarcerations of big drug dealers. There are several gradations of federal prisons, and it's usually easy to keep the prisoners in line at the nice ones, because bad behavior results in transfer to the not nice ones.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #24231338 - 04/09/17 09:56 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

My take on it is that inmates faced with life in prison should be given the option of assisted suicide, if they'd rather (I would) but that the death penalty is not justified

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: Ezuma]
    #24231339 - 04/09/17 09:58 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I don't really believe in suicide as a religious belief of mine, I think it would be better for the State or someone to kill you than to take your own life.

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: tdubz] * 2
    #24231352 - 04/09/17 10:06 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tdubz said:
I don't really believe in suicide as a religious belief of mine, I think it would be better for the State or someone to kill you than to take your own life.

your religious belief is yours to have, but why should that belief influence policy unless you can rationally defend it?

personally I think suicide is a right all people should have, and murder (including execution) a crime no one should be allowed to commit.

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: Ezuma]
    #24231354 - 04/09/17 10:10 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

People do have the right to suicide though....it's just a little harder in prison. If you mean someone should be able to help you than I don't agree I dunno. And yeah I wasn't really arguing just saying what I believe not that it should be any sort of policy.

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: tdubz]
    #24231359 - 04/09/17 10:12 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tdubz said:
People do have the right to suicide though....it's just a little harder in prison. If you mean someone should be able to help you than I don't agree I dunno. And yeah I wasn't really arguing just saying what I believe not that it should be any sort of policy.

fair enough,
I think if we're going to let people off themselves though, it's only humane to give them access to non-messy, non-painful means of doing so.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#24232418 - 04/10/17 12:43 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ezuma said:
Quote:

tdubz said:

fair enough,
I think if we're going to let people off themselves though, it's only humane to give them access to non-messy, non-painful means of doing so.

And think of the money we'd save:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #24232556 - 04/10/17 01:32 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: Ezuma]
    #24232613 - 04/10/17 01:55 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ezuma said:
My take on it is that inmates faced with life in prison should be given the option of assisted suicide, if they'd rather (I would) but that the death penalty is not justified

:toast:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#24232940 - 04/10/17 04:26 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ezuma said:
Quote:

tdubz said:

fair enough,

Oregon and Scandinavia have it. But I don't think long incarceration would be sufficient reason. For guys on death row it would be far more humane than current process.

And how is that assisted suicide works the way it's supposed to and state lethal injection doesn't?

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#24232948 - 04/10/17 04:30 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

Ezuma said:
Quote:

tdubz said:

fair enough,

And think of the money we'd save:thumbup:

How would we save money? On medical patients yes, on capital punishment no.

--------------------

Invisibletdubz
Male User Gallery

Re: Arkansas Plans to Execute Seven People This Month Continuing Long Tradition of Assembly Line Killing [Re: Brian Jones]
    #24246197 - 04/15/17 10:39 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/15/us/arkansas-executions-halted/index.html

Federal judge issues injunction to block Arkansas executions

(CNN)A federal judge in Arkansas issued an injunction Saturday halting the execution by lethal injection of nine inmates.

The injunction represents the latest legal setback in Arkansas' attempt to execute the inmates -- eight of whom were originally set to be put to death by the end of April. One man's execution had not been scheduled yet.
A court must now decide whether the method of execution constitutes cruel and unusual punishment. Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge said she plans to appeal the decision.

In her order Saturday, US District Judge Kristine Baker said there was "a significant possibility" the inmates will succeed in challenging the execution protocol. She said the prisoners were entitled to challenge the execution method on grounds it "creates a demonstrated risk of severe pain."
"The threat of irreparable harm to the plaintiffs is significant," she wrote.

Baker also said the state denied the inmates access to their attorneys.
"The court is mindful of the fact that the state of Arkansas has not executed an inmate since 2005, despite consistent support for capital punishment from (Arkansas residents) and their elected representatives," she wrote.

The families of the victims "waited decades to receive some closure for their pain," Baker noted. "By this Order, that day is delayed yet again.
"These thoughts weigh heavily on the court, but the court has a responsibility to uphold the Constitution. After hearing the evidence ... the court is compelled to stay these executions."

Another judge in Arkansas effectively stopped the executions Friday night, citing concerns over the lethal injection method.
Pulaski County Circuit Judge Wendell Griffen issued a temporary restraining order stopping the state from using a certain drug for lethal injections. The supplier of the drug argued the medication wasn't supposed to be used for capital punishment.

Arkansas planned to execute eight men between April 17 and 27 before its supply of lethal injection drugs expires at the end of the month. The proposal triggered outrage among capital punishment opponents.

Judges have already blocked two executions, though not because of the lethal injection issue. One of those executions had been scheduled for Monday.
Drug distributor McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc. argued vecuronium bromide was intended only for medical purposes, not executions, and that the Arkansas Department of Correction "misled" the company when it purchased the drug, according to a court brief.

"ADC (the Arkansas Department of Correction) personnel used an existing medical license, which is to be used only to order products with legitimate medical uses, and an irregular ordering process to obtain the vecuronium via phone order with a McKesson salesperson," the brief said.

McKesson is asking the Department of Correction to return 10 vials of the drug.

Two other drug companies, Fresenius Kabi USA and West-Ward Pharmaceuticals Corp., filed a brief in US District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas arguing contracts prohibit their products from being used in executions, which run "counter to the manufacturers' mission to save and enhance patients' lives."

Controversial plan on executions

Two of the eight executions planned for this month already had been blocked in separate proceedings.

A federal judge on April 6 blocked the execution of Jason McGehee. The Arkansas Parole Board had earlier voted to recommend that McGehee's death sentence be commuted to life without parole, and the judge ruled McGehee's April 27 execution date would not have given the board enough time, as required by law, to notify the governor of its recommendation.

Earlier Friday, the Arkansas Supreme Court also blocked the execution of Bruce Ward.

Attorneys argued that Ward, 60, should not be executed because he's mentally incompetent. He's been on death row since 1990 for strangling a woman in a convenience store bathroom, CNN affiliate KARK-TV in Little Rock reported.
A report by a Harvard Law School initiative suggests four of the men Arkansas plans to execute, including Ward, are not mentally fit for the death penalty.

According to the report, Ward told a forensic psychiatrist in 2010 that he hears voices, he gets revelations directly from God and he will "walk out of prison to great riches and public acclaim." He said he's been visited in prison by his deceased father and "resurrected dogs."

Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced his controversial plan in March to execute eight inmates in a little more than a week, starting April 17.

Defense lawyers argued that midazolam -- the drug used to render inmates unconscious before they are given two more drugs that paralyze and kill them -- does not effectively keep those being executed from experiencing a painful death.

Ward was one of two inmates set to die Monday. Don William Davis was also scheduled to be executed then.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale