Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Circle Of Understanding?
    #2424373 - 03/12/04 02:12 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

(Note! This started out, honestly enough, to a reply in another thread... it sort of, dare I say, evolved  :lol:)

I think it is more probable, that if there is going to be some sort of "Rapture", it is going to be more along the lines of a heightened evolution... spiritually, or of understanding, and will happen naturally... no miracles popping out of the sky.

When you understand, it all makes sense, right? Well, I have an idea! It will make me appear crazy, but here we go anyways! :lol: (Message from the Future, this gets a little crazy  :crazy:)

Draw a circle. Make it a big one.

Now, in the middle, (if you used a protractor, you already know where the middle is! :grin:), draw a dot. This first dot can be big and dark, it is the start of understanding.

The rest of the circle is the unknown, that which is not understood. Everything is going to start with this dot. What is the dot? I don't know.. that first feeling you have when you are born will serve as a proper analogy, I think. hehe

Well, this understanding (albeit this works equally well from the perspective of just one individual) is of the human species as a whole. These ideas (individual points) are passed along within individual humans, and form the common understanding at that moment in time.

Well, we start with this one point. Nothing else is known except that feeling, that is all like "ahahgahghaghhahgahhgahghaghahghahghHHH!H!!!!!! i am alive!!!!!!!!!!!"  :crazy2:

Well, you have that one dot, although a very strong one, and it even acts as a catalyst to expand that understanding into the unchartered waters. Where do you go from there?

Well, you have to understand (:grin:) that starting out is going to be TOUGH! There is an entire world of cause and effect acting out and changing constantly, and here we are knowing NOTHING but some feelings that sort of motivate us to do these actions. Any expansion in understanding is going to be long, hard, and slooooooowwwwwwwwwww!

Example: Ughhh the caveman wanders off from the cave where him and a few other cavemen live, by himself. He walks to the edge of a cliff and looks down. He decides to jump, as he knows nothing. No other caveman even saw this happen.... think back to the commonly held, we will say "collective", understanding. What has been gained? Ughhh lost his life (at least in that physical body, hehe) and no knowledge was gained.

So starting out is going to be hard and slow. Developing communication, learning the basic necessities of how to stay alive, etc, it is going to take awhile. The evolution of understanding is fighting a near impossible uphill battle (my god, reflecting just now, i can't believe how much of mere chance this comes down to! :eek:). More loss is experienced than gain.

Now, let us stop for a second and talk more about this circle of understanding. We must remember that every single person has the circle copied and stored in their mind. How it is mapped out is an entirely different matter. Two people could have totally contradictory understandings on more than a few points. Keep this all in mind for later.....

I don't have the time to get too fucking insanely into detail here. I can't follow the basics of our history and evolution because I have nowhere near enough time... and I'm not out to make and publish a fucking book here (or am I?..... hhm... music... or writing.... hhmmmmmm.....).

Anyways, back to this circle of understanding. Over a lot of time and all this experience, let's say we have a small circle around the basic dot. All the understanding within this circle is pretty solid, basically everyone is passed along this understanding and time tests it out and it tends to hold true.... we'll imagine for a quick example this has more to do with survival stuff, really basic human/animal/plant/weather interactions....

What really makes this complex is when humans go off into their own territories and start developing their own cultures independant from each other. Different people are filling in different sections of their circle of understanding.

Of course, these seperate cultures still interacted... mainly either under the flag of peace or war. No real idea exchange going on during war... just killing. During peace, trading mostly... which allowed some idea exchange.

One roadblock to the evolution of understanding: refusal to consider new ideas, refusal to question old ones that haven't been based in reality and aren't holding true, and miscommunication or not allowing communication at all.....

Over time and a lot of interaction and experience, a fair amount of our circle of understanding has been mapped out. More and more of these seperate cultures are interacting and the flow of ideas is opening more and more...

One thing I gotta mention is pioneers. :wink: You know, those innovators who would release themselves from the boundaries of the more common understanding and totally go exploring and mapping out a region, a branch of knowledge (as all knowledge and understanding is just a part of the same tree, all going back to the same source)... totally misunderstood by the people of those times and maybe even refused for it... sometimes even crucified!  :shocked:  :smirk:

These people, although not immediately advancing the common understanding, as long as their found knowledge was at least somewhat stored, they allowed quicker understanding growth later on, when more gradual growth had occured....

Anyways, so, where are we right now? Well, you remember that circle? Well, we have pretty much filled it in. Keep in mind how this understanding has grown. It hasn't been constant and it hasn't been steady in every area and it hasn't been in everyone's individual circle at once....

So we have more advancements in some areas than others. Let's add something to this huge analogy for a second... you remember all those individual dots? Really tiny.. and when they are all connected in an area, that area appears solid. Well, what this really is, is connecting dots from the source, that first dot in the middle.

Well, what I am going to do, is draw a little picture quick, so I don't have to type a lengthy explanation (not that there is anything lengthy about this post, right?). :grin:

Okay, see this picture? This is six points of knowledge, uncharted as of yet in the Circle of Understanding.

Well now, let's say the five on the outside, from points outside of those points, get connected.

Now, there are FIVE points around that middle point that are connected to the big ass bank of understanding. It is going to be easier to connect with it being surrounded by understanding, right?

Um, well, it is a loose analogy at best, that picture thing, but moving on (apparently at some point in time I thought it was a good idea to do that).....

Okay, at this point and time. We have all these different branches of knowledge, right? Well, they are all branched out from the same source... but they are also interconnected! This is a mesh network (at least to some degree)!

Anyways, what I am getting at is that we have reached a point where we are filling in the remaining dots within this circle, and it is going VERY quickly because of all the understanding that we have already. Things are a lot easier to understand when you already understand so much, especially when it isn't too far from the bank of understanding. This is a period of quick growth.

Well, see, that circle? That boundary? Is that the end of understanding? Phhhtt. The circle of understanding could apply to anything, for example, a distinct branch of understanding such as... say, carpentry. Or marine biology.

Anyways, what lays beyond that circle? Some have already done some exploring past that boundary, I think. I honestly think that we are going to come to fully understand this circle of understanding we are in.... which I think is pertaining to physical reality. To expand past this circle is to make the conscious decision (collectively) to expand beyond it.

I'll not make any further conclusions.... however!

There is one quick analogy I would like to make, and I think a lot of us know of this. This has all been about growth, connections..... who here has watched mycelium grow?  :laugh:

Truly, truly :nut:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Circle Of Understanding? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2424412 - 03/12/04 02:20 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Nice post.

I think that the last person in the circle to gain understanding should also have to eat the biscuit.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Circle Of Understanding? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2424456 - 03/12/04 02:35 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I don't... understand..... :lol:

But at least I understand it was a joke. That dot is connected, which makes it easier to understand the joke itself, now doesn't it? :grin:

:nut:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2424503 - 03/12/04 02:46 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Well, I guess I'll have gravy and sausage on my biscuit.

:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #2424670 - 03/12/04 03:22 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Inspiring post fireworks_god. Lately I've been thinking about the nature of development/evolution/learning as well. It seems as though the human condition boils down to gathering bits of information that seep from the True Reality. Some people use this information to make money, some to build powerful weapons, others to further fortify their personalities/egos. This same information can also be used to construct models of our universe which increase our happiness and our capacity for equanimity.

Its hard to say if we are ever going to reach a point where we fully integrate all of this information into some kind of unified understanding of our existence. I would certainly argue that we're approaching that kind of "critcal mass" of understanding. All of human history seems to me to be one big long increase in knowledge, and with it an exponential increase in our power as a species.

Of course we've used that power for many bad things along the way, but there have been great things emerge from it as well, like the internet. In the end, I don't think good and bad really matters anyway. What matters is that the culmination of this process is our liberation. Liberation from ignorance, and therefore, from sorrow.

Humanity, hell, perhaps even all of existence, is learning from Reality. We are learning it All bit by bit, building an increasingly dynamic model of our universe and our place within it. Drop by drop we fill our buckets, and things like the Internet help us to fill them even quicker. As communication speeds up, so too will our knowledge of the universe.

What kind of answers lie beyond the next human discovery, the next breakthrough in physics, technology, communications? Who knows? What I do know, or rather what I FEEL, is that we are moving at an ever increasing rate towards the peak of a process that has been going on for ages.

I always get the feeling that my posts are laregly incoherent to anyone but me so I'll cut it off there before I allow my brain to spew forth any more of those silly things we call words. Peace! :wink:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Circle Of Understanding? [Re: chunder]
    #2424783 - 03/12/04 03:55 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

That wasn't incoherent at all, man! :thumbup:

I can't talk much at the moment because I'm involved in a conversation with my lovely girlfriend, but I think I still have more I want to say on this. :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2425419 - 03/12/04 08:48 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I guess I'll have to share the biscuit with Skorpivo.  :tongue:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineAtomisk
all forms areself awareness

Loc: jungle of love
    #2426064 - 03/13/04 01:00 AM (20 years, 20 days ago)

who is the self doing the understanding? where does this self come

from? beyond-calculation, beyond knoweldge, beyond understanding.

all i can say in such matters is "not-two."

--------------------
o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Circle Of Understanding? [Re: Frog]
    #2426083 - 03/13/04 01:12 AM (20 years, 20 days ago)

Frog: "WhooAT"?

I dont think anyone knows what hes talking about!

Skorpivo:That was low man... low  :rolleyes:

Fire Works God - unless im not understanding... o well, out to the water i go

--------------------
What?

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
    #2426152 - 03/13/04 02:02 AM (20 years, 20 days ago)

I am right here, right now, with you brother.

PEACE AND LOVE ALMIGHTY

This is amazing.
We all need to come together.

come toghether right now.

Thats all i can say.

PEace and love to all that is coherent.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Circle Of Understanding? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2430614 - 03/14/04 05:56 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Hehe, well, I just added something to my signature and had this thread in my favourites, so I clicked on it to make sure the changes were made correctly and I re-read your joke.

*Had a sensation of dawning comprehension*

Apparently that middle dot in the diagram connected and I realized what you meant. :lol:

Also, apparently, that night I didn't have my mind in the gutter, but today was a different story. :grin:

On another note, I will try to make a new reply to this later to try to make more sense of what I said in it... I'm to understand that the analogy didn't work for all?  :confused:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#2430842 - 03/14/04 09:52 AM (20 years, 18 days ago)

Indeed. fw_g I have come to the same conclusions :smile: I call it the reality matrix.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds