Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: SludgeCity]
    #24206121 - 03/30/17 05:50 PM (7 years, 6 hours ago)

I played all of the mass effect games (I was more interested in killing people than playing the sims) but I won't bother with this. Voting with my wallet.

http://theralphretort.com/sjw-infested-bioware-getting-ripped-apart-gamers-terrible-mass-effect-andromeda-3027017/

Quote:

SJW-Infested BioWare is Getting Ripped Apart by Gamers Over the Terrible Mass Effect: Andromeda
by Christi Junior · March 27, 2017

How sweet it is…the last time Mass Effect: Andromeda was covered on TRR, it was due to BioWare and their SJW allies in the gaming media crying about an article in which Ralph exposed Andromeda’s self-proclaimed Lead Facial Animator as an incompetent misandrist. Apparently BioWare was going for the Ghostbusters 2016 strategy of covering up a shoddy product with cries of Muh Harassment (never mind that this approach failed horribly in the case of Ghostbusters) – and amazingly, they even got help from a number of frauds that are usually pretending to be Anti-SJW, but in this case openly white knighted BioWare’s SJW misandrist.

Well, it didn’t work. The game is out now, and the PlayStation 4 version (which most of the reviews are for) only has a Metascore of 74, which is quite bad for a long-anticipated AAA game. Looking at the other big releases just this month Horizon: Zero Dawn has a score of 89, as does Nier: Automata, while Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an amazing score of 97 (!), and this despite the Nintendo-hating fraud Jim Sterling somehow getting his garbage review added to the tally. By the way, both I and the owner/editor of this site can both confirm that Zelda really is THAT good. (EDITOR’S NOTE: Indeed.)

Meanwhile, Mass Effect: Andromeda’s underwhelming score actually still appears to dramatically overrate the game – at the time of writing the User Score for the game is an abysmal 4.5/10, based on 2275 ratings. And this isn’t just Metacritic users – the GameFAQs user rating is for example only 3.10/5, while the Amazon customer reviews have the game at only 3 stars, all remarkably low scores for such a big-budget game. It’s already clear, going by both the critics and the public, that this is by far the worst Mass Effect ever made – which I’m sure has nothing to do with the game also being the first Mass Effect made since BioWare went Full SJW…

And just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse for BioWare, they did, in the form of a viral video exposing their game as a hideous, broken mess:

The video, which was released just yesterday and already has almost 2 million views, defies belief – even if you think you know full well just how bad Mass Effect: Andromeda is, you won’t be prepared for the stuff shown in this video: Shamefully bad voice acting and writing, laughable action scenes, game-breaking glitches galore and of course, horrifyingly bad facial animation. Seriously, you need to give this a watch, it will probably be the funniest thing you’ll see all week – no wonder it’s going viral!

Additionally, there are two more reasons why I love this video. The first reason is the comment section, in which tons of top-rated comments early on explicitly identified SJWs as being to blame for essentially ruining the Mass Effect franchise. I’d imagine a lot of enraged Mass Effect fans are right now getting red pilled about just what SJWs are and why it’s so important to purge them from the gaming industry. Seriously, it warms my heart to see ordinary gamers in the thousands over and over again upvoting comments bashing SJWs, and mocking affirmative action, feminism, and fashionably “progressive” BioWare.

Second, at the rate the video is blowing up far more people will end up watching it than will ever play Mass Effect: Andromeda. That basically means that this vid, showing the game to undeniably be a steaming turd, will probably be the very thing that defines it in the mind of the average gamer. Just imagine the blow that this will be to BioWare’s reputation. What a spectacular case study it will provide of what happens when SJWs infiltrate your company, and of why going with a bunch of diversity hires instead of more experienced, more competent and more motivated white males is a mistake.

The SJWs have just suffered a significant self-inflicted wound in the ongoing Culture War, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

I don't really like these sort of games. I did enjoy arena shooters like quake 3 and unreal tournament, but my girlfriend said it was the best story she's seen in a game and I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I found it largely forgettable.

These days I favour 4x games. The Endless world (space, dungeons, legend, space 2) is some of the best storytelling I've seen in a game since, hum, beneath a steel sky, or Deus Ex.

Not that I really need a story in a game. I like Euro Truck Simulator 2 and cities skylines, but, when it comes to stories, the endless series perfectly complements with the music and sound effects.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #24206850 - 03/30/17 10:47 PM (7 years, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
I played all of the mass effect games (I was more interested in killing people than playing the sims) but I won't bother with this. Voting with my wallet.

http://theralphretort.com/sjw-infested-bioware-getting-ripped-apart-gamers-terrible-mass-effect-andromeda-3027017/

Quote:

SJW-Infested BioWare is Getting Ripped Apart by Gamers Over the Terrible Mass Effect: Andromeda
by Christi Junior · March 27, 2017

Additionally, there are two more reasons why I love this video. The first reason is the comment section, in which tons of top-rated comments early on explicitly identified SJWs as being to blame for essentially ruining the Mass Effect franchise. I’d imagine a lot of enraged Mass Effect fans are right now getting red pilled about just what SJWs are and why it’s so important to purge them from the gaming industry. Seriously, it warms my heart to see ordinary gamers in the thousands over and over again upvoting comments bashing SJWs, and mocking affirmative action, feminism, and fashionably “progressive” BioWare.

Second, at the rate the video is blowing up far more people will end up watching it than will ever play Mass Effect: Andromeda. That basically means that this vid, showing the game to undeniably be a steaming turd, will probably be the very thing that defines it in the mind of the average gamer. Just imagine the blow that this will be to BioWare’s reputation. What a spectacular case study it will provide of what happens when SJWs infiltrate your company, and of why going with a bunch of diversity hires instead of more experienced, more competent and more motivated white males is a mistake.

The SJWs have just suffered a significant self-inflicted wound in the ongoing Culture War, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

Interesting article,
someone feels quite strongly,
about the experience, motivation and competence of people
based on their gender and skin colour
author reminds me a lot of a SJW, in that regard
singing the same song, just to a slightly different tune

But, realistically speaking,
despite negative reviews and comical videos
Bioware does not seem likely to heed much of the concerns
considering the title already debuted as a chart-topper
even in spite of not yet reaching the success of its predecessors

Quote:

Mass Effect: Andromeda has stolen the UK chart crown and debuted at No.1, but has failed to beat competition from past entries in the series.

BioWare's action-RPG enjoyed a mixed reception in the days before launch and a kerfuffle surrounding the game's dubious animation has been highly visible. However, all that has failed to keep Andromeda from securing the top spot, although it may have contributed to a slower first week than its predecessor in the franchise.

Quote:

GFK Chart track, which provides information on the sales of games within UK retail, only counts physical distribution and doesn't include digital copies in its figures.

Overall retail sales have declined, but it's unclear how much of that decline has been picked up by sales on Origin, the Xbox Store and the PS Store. Between Andromeda and Mass Effect 3, the proportion of physical sales on PC has dropped from 10% to 4% - a dramatic drop that suggests some people are migrating rather than declining to buy.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/mass-effect/news/a824531/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-down-charts-retail-downloads/

Quote:

Despite some serious negative press, Bioware’s Mass Effect: Andromeda has come out on top of the Australian gaming chart. Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Horizon Zero Dawn sit strong at second and third on the charts.

http://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2017/03/30/mass-effect-andromeda-lands-top-aussie-charts/

If a SJW impact on the game is actually the reality,
then all this title will do is reinforce that working method,
just like how Fallout 4 caused people to go nuts because it is more of a shooter than an RPG
and got mostly tepid review scores as people bombed metacritic and steam reviews.

but yet, even with my personal preference for the old Fallout titles,
it is still Bethesda's largest and most successful launch yet

Mainstreaming of video game media holds a larger impact than SJW influence
video games have become a hugely successful and widespread entertainment medium
Elder Scrolls Daggerfall had nudity and a quest to force a child to turn into a werewolf and kill it for its blood
Elder Scrolls Skyrim has gamers freak out over nude mods and a quest to help a child turn the tables on an evil orphanage owner

The trend will continue no matter what input us older gaming fans may make
not because of the arguments between the SJW vs gamergate crowd
but because those arguments drum up more mainstream publicity for the games industry
and success in the mainstream market is what every major company shoots for

fully support you voting with your wallet if youtube highlight reels have convinced you you won't enjoy it tho
really the only practical response and influence we can still have
:cookiemonster:

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

Loc: Bottomless Pit Flag
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: Tantrika]
    #24207155 - 03/31/17 02:59 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

A bad game is still a bad game.
The opinion of what is bad is different for everyone else so you will always have fighting.

Fallout 4 was to me a poor mans piss take of Borderlands littered with lazy content.

This new Mass Effect shows sighs of similar things that just scream they really don't fucking care.
There is zero excuses for that backwards gun, no matter how petty that might seem it's still fucking lazy on their part & from there I will pick a game apart more & more until any respect I have for the game is almost gone.

Everyone is different with their opinions & sales to me don't mean much when the real one's know whats up, & the real one's are memeing the fuck outta this game for good reason. :lol:

--------------------
:trippinballs: CHOOSE THIS LIFE YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN :trippinballs:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #24207260 - 03/31/17 05:11 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SludgeCity said:
A bad game is still a bad game.
The opinion of what is bad is different for everyone else so you will always have fighting.

Fallout 4 was to me a poor mans piss take of Borderlands littered with lazy content.

This new Mass Effect shows sighs of similar things that just scream they really don't fucking care.
There is zero excuses for that backwards gun, no matter how petty that might seem it's still fucking lazy on their part & from there I will pick a game apart more & more until any respect I have for the game is almost gone.

Everyone is different with their opinions & sales to me don't mean much when the real one's know whats up, & the real one's are memeing the fuck outta this game for good reason. :lol:

Sales main value is in assessing the direction of the industry

Memes are hilarious, but their impact on the industry tends to be significantly lower
memes appeal to both fans of a game as well as those who reject the game
their perpetuation will largely see foothold from fans tho.
Love making videos or gifs of innocuous bugs and animation or physics glitches,
if anything, am somewhat discouraged that my own encounters with comical glitches
have been comparatively limited, given how much comedy people gave me hope for :lol:

As you noted, good and bad as definitions of games tend to be subjective
successful or unsuccessful is what makes them, and their design philosophies, sink or swim

Personally like games regardless of their level of success,
but successful games are far more feasible to have discussions about,
since even people who don't play them hold a strong opinion of them :lol:

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

#24207323 - 03/31/17 06:10 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I like all game talk even about ones I haven't played if its to do with games I have interest in, popular or not.
Mass Effect series being one (Fallout another) because I enjoyed the first one's main story line & was solid for it's time of release.

I also am not denying what you are saying isn't true because sadly it is.
I love to laugh at it but than it annoys me how game companies aren't pulled up more harder on small lazy things like the backwards gun in that scene, or even the disappearing weapons in Skyrim & FO4.
But when people pay for these games it gives them & others free passes to lazy short-cuts like this more often in the future.

I'll change my opinion when they patch those lazy efforts but those are just surface problems I listed above but it's a start in the right direction addressing them.

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #24207386 - 03/31/17 07:03 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SludgeCity said:
I like all game talk even about ones I haven't played if its to do with games I have interest in, popular or not.
Mass Effect series being one (Fallout another) because I enjoyed the first one's main story line & was solid for it's time of release.

I also am not denying what you are saying isn't true because sadly it is.
I love to laugh at it but than it annoys me how game companies aren't pulled up more harder on small lazy things like the backwards gun in that scene, or even the disappearing weapons in Skyrim & FO4.
But when people pay for these games it gives them & others free passes to lazy short-cuts like this more often in the future.

I'll change my opinion when they patch those lazy efforts but those are just surface problems I listed above but it's a start in the right direction addressing them.

Do not think there will be much in the way of patches for animation issues,
but part of why companies don't care about complaints in that regard,
is because they will cut costs wherever they feel they can
and hiring a less experienced animator always comes across as a better place to save money

AAA gaming is in an awkward place right now,
and it will get worse before it gets better
the things that slip through the cracks are symptomatic of larger issues
where budgets, and stakes, run high
and money gets poured into advertising, because selling copies of a $60+ game
has a lot more riding on it than getting butts into theater seats for the movie industry
and the whole issue may even be exacerbated by the evolution of the industry
where sales have to be made and returns are a risk
compared to the days of my youth where going to a rental place
and overwriting someone elses save on a heavily-used three day rental cartridge was a big part of gaming

that is part of why modders and indie developers shine,
since they are still at the level of passion projects

Then there is the unfortunate other side of the coin,
where games that are well-polished and presented, like the Witcher 3,
show us what is feasible
even though Witcher had somewhat unrealistic/uncommon development circumstances
being developed outside of the US market, under the approval of the Polish government,
the backstory written out as an actual graphic novel series,
and with a team roughly twice the size of the one that did Fallout 4

In that regard, CDProjekt Red has set the bar quite high,
and while looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077
fully recognize it may not turn out as well
however much hope is held for it
though, if it does, it will really reinforce issues with US industry practices

With Andromeda, it is quite easy to tell where Bioware focused their budget
and am fortunate in my instance that their heavy focus on exploration and world design
appeals directly to my main drive in gaming
but went into it expecting just that,
and maybe some campy b-movie style cut scenes as an icing :lol:

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #24208944 - 03/31/17 06:13 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Money is the root of all (lazy)evil.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: SludgeCity] * 2
    #24209109 - 03/31/17 07:10 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineArose Chaos
Simple Man
Male

Loc: West Coast
    #24210222 - 04/01/17 08:28 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I was at the store last night and was thinking of getting it. Is ME: Andromeda as bad as I am hearing?

--------------------
<<WOW
"There is nofhing noble in being superior to your fellow man;
true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: Arose Chaos]
    #24210547 - 04/01/17 10:58 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I got deus ex mankind divided. I like the deus ex games, and it was certainly big budget. But, I dunno. Wasn't fun, I didn't get pulled in with the story.

Amazing game technically, big budget, and here I am, having more fun with a 13 year old top down shooter.

Sometimes, what makes something fun, it's hard to nail down. Deus Ex is not it. Combat is horribly clunky, melee goes third person which ruins my immersion, aiming was sluggist. Bleh.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #24210811 - 04/01/17 12:50 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

you shouldn't have to spend more then 40 bucks on it
nier; automatica is another good 40 dollar game

when reviewers say they spend 60 hours on a game it's usually because they've never played videogames before or they left the game on or something

Edited by Konyap (04/01/17 12:51 PM)

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: Arose Chaos]
    #24212707 - 04/02/17 08:11 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Arose Chaos said:
I was at the store last night and was thinking of getting it. Is ME: Andromeda as bad as I am hearing?

As bad as you are hearing?
Probably.
The animation issues are as bad as they are made out to be,
the voice acting has a number of issues
and if you have any familiarity with sci-fi at all, you will likely be able to predict the story hours ahead of time
the AI gets pretty spotty -- when it works, it works well, but other times it just fails to work at all
and one or two enemies out of a squad will stand on their spawn point staring into the distance until dead

Bioware purports that they will be releasing full details of their plans to fix things this coming week
but, realistically, the places where the game garners the most complaints
can have very little done to fix them now

Mechanically the gameplay is solid
the controls are arguably the best PC controls in my experience so far, and hope other companies draw more from it
being able to seamlessly use the mouse and Xbox controller simultaneously is a godsend
and find myself moving around the world with controller in left hand, while performing all my aiming and powers with the mouse
basically they improved on GTA:5's PC control systems in my experience

The skill variations are interesting and fun to play with, and am already planning out my second character
tho at 52 hours my game is 52% completed, so have a little ways to go before a reroll

Exploring is interesting and fun, it does not get really rewarding until a good chunk into the game tho

My personal experience with game-breaking bugs has been pretty limited overall,
but the ones that have been encountered were pretty damn frustrating,
despite their infrequent nature

If you are looking for a strong narrative RPG you can take seriously, not really advised
as an exploratory playground with interesting environments spread through space,
with varying things to kill and fun ways to kill them
am personally satisfied with my time investment

Disclaimer: am on a batch of anti-depressants that are really screwing with my capacity to focus
and my general ability to brain good
so have specifically been seeking out games that require more superficial attention than deep mental involvement
your mileage may vary
:cookiemonster:

OfflineKonyap

#24213165 - 04/02/17 12:41 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

yeah i mean it's not like the hidetaka miyazaki inspired dream that is zelda but if you like to poop on things in alien lands it's kind of cool
tbh I hate gtaV I only play it to explore and race
my character in me:a still looks like an h1b1 visa that can't smile but she can turn invisible, disrupt shield and she has a tubro overdrive it's pretty fun, just maybe wish there was more gore or shit going on in the above worlds, but every alien races you meet is already advanced so no fun

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #24237610 - 04/12/17 02:01 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Dropping this in here,
because Yahtzee's reviews are hilarious good fun

InvisibleCepheus16

#24273325 - 04/26/17 01:49 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

after i get a 360 again imma play 1-3  before i get this one. whether or not its storyline follows im just a stickler for playing games in numerical order..i bugs me not to for some reason

--------------------
I am a Gamer.
Hath not a Gamer eyes? Hath not a Gamer hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Norm is? If you prick us, do we not roll for damage? If you bully us, do we not make a will save vs. depression? If you poison us, do we not roll a fortitude save vs. death? And if you wrong us, shall we not throw dice?

OfflineKonyap

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: Cepheus16]
    #24273588 - 04/26/17 03:19 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

1 can be played in six hours
2 is argueably good but gets boring unil the dlc
3 sadly is best during multiplayer co op
the main story is good but it just doesn't feel the same as going at it with other people
it's really hard to find people for some reason too
on ps3 it's like the only death match game but on xbox people are playing gears of war still

InvisibleCepheus16

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: Konyap]
    #24273981 - 04/26/17 05:32 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

what little i played when i was at my friends was coop and it really was not to bad, gears of war was pretty damn cool,another ill have to revisit

--------------------
I am a Gamer.
Hath not a Gamer eyes? Hath not a Gamer hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Norm is? If you prick us, do we not roll for damage? If you bully us, do we not make a will save vs. depression? If you poison us, do we not roll a fortitude save vs. death? And if you wrong us, shall we not throw dice?

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda the Meme [Re: Cepheus16]
    #24280640 - 04/29/17 05:52 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleCepheus16

#24280874 - 04/29/17 09:15 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl:

--------------------
I am a Gamer.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #24325196 - 05/16/17 06:41 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Just want to say I absolutely love this game and have no complaints it's superb I give it a 10/10. My wife is playing too and loves it. Graphics combat story landscapes characters multi-player all fantastic.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale