Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleonce in a lifetime
sun child
 User Gallery

2nd chess thread. . .
    #24235406 - 04/11/17 05:08 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

This would be my second chess thread. . . Not about teaching so much this time, just general discussion and learning and stuff. . . Feel free to post anything you're interested in on the topic..

Mainly my reason for posting this one is I wanted to share this game... My current favorite... 

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1011501

I say that because when I was looking at it, Kasparov had just let White play Ncb5, which looked quite deadly. . . Later on I noticed it's a piece sacrifice....  Well, Kasparov defends very well, and it goes into an endgame which he wins.

In fact the attack doesn't get very far, even so, a lot of interesting information is there.

Kasparov was, of course, one of the greatest players in the world. . . He was very interested with Alekhine's play before him, who was very tactical and known for sharp play..

The current world champion studied with him but not forever..  He learned but preferred his own practice of study.

Shirov of course was good but, not quite as good.  Actually Carlsen's method is probably better; after all, he's the current world champion

-- Carlsen is from Norway, for those who don't know.... And he's quite young, still -- 26 if I remember.

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
large  . . music garden . .  very
all peace                    them hi
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman
370 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.