Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
spouce
    #2423327 - 03/12/04 10:13 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Are any of you guys married here that have been enlightened but there wife is not and doesnt care to partake n the good things because they don't understand and society has blinded them with all there civil-lies. i mean it's hard to feel one with someone who when ya go to a festival they really don't know whats going on and r blinded to the truth in a way to where they can't exeperince tru enlightment here on the earth. And it's like when i try to share my views and insights she gets all pissy and we end up fighting and were no beter than when we started..anyonelse been there?

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: spouce [Re: peleg]
    #2423414 - 03/12/04 10:33 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I feel ya bro.

welcome to the wonderful world of the female sex

most of them care more about gucci than they do the nature of the universe. 

my advice: learn to live with it.  The only other option is lonliness and chastity.  Unless you end up with one of those super cool girls that actually does care about this stuff.  But, in my experience, those girls dont tend to be too monogamous :frown:

OfflineMNS
Stranger

Loc: somewhere
    #2423438 - 03/12/04 10:37 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Well when my husband shares his views, I respect them. Usually he has got a very good point on why he belives/thinks that way. We discuss them and then I share my views, but we never fight about them. It is almost always a very interesting and intriguing conversation. I love it when he tells me what he thinks, and belives, there is so many possibilities out there.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2423455 - 03/12/04 10:38 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

>> Are any of you guys married here that have been enlightened but there wife is not and doesnt care to partake n the good things because they don't understand and society has blinded them with all there civil-lies

An enlightened invididual does not view others in this way.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: spouce [Re: Ped]
    #2423475 - 03/12/04 10:42 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

im not sure i follow ya there ped? explain further

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2423571 - 03/12/04 11:05 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

quoth lazarus long:
the plural of spouse is spice...
:wink:

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: spouce [Re: gnrm23]
    #2423593 - 03/12/04 11:10 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

so i guess i should just grin and bear it huh? and just keep these conversations with likeminded peeps?

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2423594 - 03/12/04 11:11 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

& the males cherish the men's mysteries, secrets hidden deep in the cave, or far in the jungle... rites that reveal the fires of annihilation & transcendance...

the females have their women's mysteries as well, but these tend to be mysteries of the hearth, and of nurturing, of renewal and transformation...

~
& what, pray tell, what is this "enlightenment" experience of which you prattle?
~
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2423639 - 03/12/04 11:22 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Someone who is "Enlightened" has come acrossed understanding. Everything makes sense, they instinctively know, well, pretty much everything. They have seen the light and all is known. :wink:

In other news, society hasn't blinded anyone. :grin: Society itself is a structure that we as humans have constructed. It makes sense, society is order and we are pretty advanced. There are a lot of ills going on but it isn't "society's" fault.. we are society.

There may be a lot of people who have a limited understanding of things, like this life, but they aren't to be blamed. All they know is what they have come to know, you know?

So let us say that you've caught sight of something a little more grandiose than your woman, and you want to share that with her. Well, as it sounds, she isn't too receptive to just totally dumping it all on her..... figure out who she is and where she is at in understanding and try to slowly bring her to your vantage point.

Communication and pure intent, don't be too forceful... people can't be forced to open their minds, if they do indeed need them opened... you have to bring them to an understanding and then they will make a choice on their own.

Happy trails!  :laugh:
Peace.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: spouce [Re: gnrm23]
    #2423663 - 03/12/04 11:27 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

& the males cherish the men's mysteries, secrets hidden deep in the cave, or far in the jungle... rites that reveal the fires of annihilation & transcendance...

the females have their women's mysteries as well, but these tend to be mysteries of the hearth, and of nurturing, of renewal and transformation...

now that is what i call sexism. Assigning roles to the sexes. FUCK THAT.

we're all just people, folks. Just because you're a man doesnt mean you cant be sensitive. Just because you're a woman doesnt mean you cant be a rocket scientist.

the reason women and men behave the way they do is because they buy into society's expectations for them. FUCK THAT.

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: spouce [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2423669 - 03/12/04 11:30 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

it's like this i experinced the power of God and he revealed things in detail...it's very personal and something i hold dear to my heart, it has changed my life for the better.

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
    #2423687 - 03/12/04 11:34 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

ya see she was there to witness all of this and held my hand when i needed it and so on. but since it's like weve become worlds apart

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
    #2423705 - 03/12/04 11:38 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

ya see she was there to witness all of this and held my hand when i needed it and so on. but since it's like weve become worlds apart, what i mean by civil-lies is the crap the government will feed us becuse they think its fer our best intrest and a mojority of society will run with that..like all the drug propaganda going onand so forth all while taking God out of the pitcure.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2423723 - 03/12/04 11:42 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Well, I take it she was sitting with you when you had a trip, or something?

She might not really understand what was going on within you... people appear "different" to others who haven't tripped or don't understand what is going on. :lol:

Communication, my friend, communication. Be light and loving as you can.... live by example! :laugh:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Re: spouce [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2423771 - 03/12/04 11:50 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

yeah fer sure it was like i was a beakeon of light that the Creator was using to show His power and glory,and she doesnt denie it but doesnt really acept it niether..alot has happened in a short amount of time though some periods have seem like eternity.. it's all good like ya said firework example is the best wittness it's like ya get tapped into the good life ya just wanna share it with everybody i guess is what im trying to say here

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2423796 - 03/12/04 11:55 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Ja, definitely, and there is no one better to share it with than your woman. :wink:

Well, if you are both honest and want to be together and are willing to work some things out, you'll do just fine. :grin:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: spouce [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2423983 - 03/12/04 12:47 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
now that is what i call sexism. Assigning roles to the sexes. FUCK THAT.

You don't have any children do you? News flash, males and females are different, BY NATURE. He was not assigning roles, rather he was identifying traits, there are differences in the sexes, if there weren't we wouldn't be able to identify people as either men or women, would we? Women tend towards certain behaviors, strengths and weaknesses, and men tend towards certain behaviors, strengths and weaknesses. There is nothing wrong with this, it does not make a man 'superior' to a woman or vice versa, they are JUST different and complementary. It's quite beautiful really.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2424086 - 03/12/04 01:12 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I can relate because I've had girlfriends like this and I have friends who married women like this. Fortunately, my wife isn't like that. It seems to me that you've got to find a way to open up the communication between you two. Does she have any friends that are more open minded? Perhaps you could discuss some of these things with them...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2424182 - 03/12/04 01:32 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Be reasonable with yourself and her. Don't try to impose your view and try to be fair, if you have any responsibility, then be responsible and show it as a fact of your lifestyle. With time she will understand, if she doesn't, then i don't see any reason for you both to still be married.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: spouce [Re: Evolving]
    #2424196 - 03/12/04 01:37 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

You don't have any children do you? News flash, males and females are different, BY NATURE. He was not assigning roles, rather he was identifying traits, there are differences in the sexes, if there weren't we wouldn't be able to identify people as either men or women, would we? Women tend towards certain behaviors, strengths and weaknesses, and men tend towards certain behaviors, strengths and weaknesses. There is nothing wrong with this, it does not make a man 'superior' to a woman or vice versa, they are JUST different and complementary. It's quite beautiful really.

Ah, but how many of those differences are intrinsic and how many of them are simply enforced by society? How could one say that girls are inherently nurturing when we give them dolls to play with when they are just little children. How can one say that men are inherently agressive when we give them toy guns and GI Joes to play with at an early age?

I understand that men and women have different hormonal systems that influence the brain, but my belief is that the mind is above that. My hormones tell me to fuck every woman in sight, but my mind can decide not to give an available chick any lovin'.

but the point is, unless we step outside of society, which is damn near impossible sinch we are enmeshed within it, we cannot determine whether or not these roles are just ethereal archetypes that someone in power came up with a long time ago, and which have been happily enforced by people for hundreds of years.

Personally, I think that saying "Men are this way, girls are that way." is sexism. I might make some flippant observations as to how women around me behave every now and then, but I never say that women are inherently one way or another. Thats why so many women call me a misogynist. Because I hold women accoubntable for their actions. I realize that they don't have to be that way.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2424329 - 03/12/04 02:04 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

"welcome to the wonderful world of the female sex

most of them care more about gucci than they do the nature of the universe. "

What, and most men care about these things?

You seem to make a lot of generalizations about women. Now, I'm sure you'll agree with me and say that most men are only interested in sports... but why would you start out with that generalization anyways?

Anyone reading that would certainly get the impression that you were implying that women tend to be more shallow than men.

If your opinion is that men are superior to women, come out and say it.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: spouce [Re: Phluck]
    #2424422 - 03/12/04 02:22 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

You seem to make a lot of generalizations about women

I'm not trying to make generalizations about the intrinsic nature of women, though I think it is sometimes safe to make generalizations about the behavior of women in our current society. The inherent nature of women and their reactionary behavior are two very different things.

Quote:

If your opinion is that men are superior to women, come out and say it.

Again, let me state this: I believe that men and women are equal. But they don't always act that way. This discrepancy is the result of the environmental conditions in which we exist, and is not a reflection of the true nature of men or women.

Quote:

What, and most men care about these things?

Certainly not. But, in my experience, I would say that the ratio of men who do care to the ratio of men who don't is higher than that same ratio in women, at least in the current moment. Let me ask you a question: how many women participate in this forum? How many men?

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#2424485 - 03/12/04 02:42 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Ah, but how many of those differences are intrinsic

Quite a few actually. I have both a boy and a girls, with no prompting whatsoever, they have chosen different interests and behaviors which reflect their genders.

Quote:

I understand that men and women have different hormonal systems that influence the brain, but my belief is that the mind is above that.

Riiiight. It's more than hormones, the physical structures of the brain are different as well. You said it, "My hormones tell me to fuck every woman in sight." Although you can use conscious thought to overcome these desires, these desires are still inate.

Quote:

... but the point is, unless we step outside of society...

That's why I made the observation about having children. Boys and girls behave differently. You may call it sexism and deny it, but it doesn't change the way things are. Don't you think that biology affects our behaviors? Do you think that once we developed conciousness, that all inherent physical and hormonal differences ceased to affect the structure of societies? Do you think nature would neglect to endow females with motherly instincts and behavioral tendencies while at the same time giving them milk producing glands?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: spouce [Re: Evolving]
    #2424506 - 03/12/04 02:47 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

I have both a boy and a girls, with no prompting whatsoever, they have chosen different interests and behaviors which reflect their genders.

perhaps no prompting by you. Have you kept them isolated from television, radio, other children, education, family, friends, etc...?

Quote:

the physical structures of the brain are different as well

first I've heard of it. source?

BTW, technically the structure of everyone's brain is unique.

Quote:

Don't you think that biology affects our behaviors?

I think that biology affects our capabilities.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2424510 - 03/12/04 02:48 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

"I believe that men and women are equal. But they don't always act that way."

There are enormous differences in the male and female brain.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/feature/story/0,13026,937913,00.html
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/exhibitions/brain/241.asp

"Let me ask you a question: how many women participate in this forum? How many men?"

How many men and women participate on internet forums, period?

When women do participate actively in this forum (Frog, for example), they seem to be equally proficient at discussing the issues. They do seem to go about it a different way.

I think that so many men enjoy these discussions because of their competative nature. Women seem to share information, men battle with it. Like we're doing now.

Men tend to pick out the things they disagree with the strongest and form a counter argument. Some men play football, some play debate. Women don't generally enjoy competing like this, and I think that is a biological difference, and not a societal one.

This may be part of the reason that there are so many more men in powerful positions than women. The desire to achieve more than your peers.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2424529 - 03/12/04 02:52 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

from phluck's link:
A key feature of this theory is that your sex cannot tell you which type of brain you have. Not all men have the male brain, and not all women have the female brain. The central claim of this new theory is only that on average, more males than females have a brain of type S, and more females than males have a brain of type E.

sorry, I gotta go to work. I'll respond to the rest later.

Edited by DoctorJ (03/12/04 02:53 PM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2424581 - 03/12/04 03:03 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

It should be pointed out that the empathy vs. system aspects of the male/female brains are but one difference.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2425483 - 03/12/04 09:25 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

>> Women don't generally enjoy competing like this, and I think that is a biological difference, and not a societal one.

I am enjoying reading this discussion and there are a lot of good things being said, but I have to comment on this.

Keep in mind everything I'm about to say is based on my observations, and discussions with other guys. Most of it is a big fat generalization.

Men are raised to go into sports and be competitive. Women aren't. Men grow up in sports, and will be competitive out on the field, or whatever, and duke it out, and afterwards, they will all go out and have a beer together.

Women will take the ball and go home when things don't go their way. We're not encouraged to be competitive and we don't know how to be.

I've had to learn so much about duking it out with guys, in the court room. There's been times I wanted to cry in front of a judge when I was getting my ass chewed. But with guys, it's not usually personal, whereas with women, it usually is.

I couldn't understand it with guys. One minute, we're having a showdown, and the next minute, we're all buddies. Women aren't like that. Remember the story I told about telling an attorney that if he called me "honey" again, I would rip his balls off and shove them down his throat? At the next hearing, we talked as if we were old buddies and we worked out a settlement agreement.

With women, oh holy shit, they can be such bitches. I'm glad I'm a woman and not gay. I would hate to have to marry one.

I apologize to all the women here, who I don't know, and who seem pretty cool. I'm just talking about women in general, with whom I've had bad experiences. And yes, I just tend to stay away from women for the most part, now.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Anonymous

Re: spouce [Re: Frog]
    #2425598 - 03/12/04 10:16 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2425677 - 03/12/04 10:48 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

regardless of developmental hormonal influence, I believe that the plasticity of the brain grants humans of either sex the ability to resist the directions these influences pull them in. Its simply a matter of re-routing nueral pathways and connections with conscious will.

the link you posted was a highly theorectical "castles in the sky" kind of thing that I'm not going to give a lot of credit to.

Quote:

How many men and women participate on internet forums, period?

again, a function of intelligence and depth

Quote:

When women do participate actively in this forum (Frog, for example), they seem to be equally proficient at discussing the issues.

Frog is a smart girl. She is also a statistical anomaly.

One thing I have noticed is that people on here (and in real life) tend to be a lot more forgiving of women, which I dont understand, because it doesnt help them at all. Not in the long run, anyways.

Quote:

They do seem to go about it a different way.

I think that so many men enjoy these discussions because of their competative nature. Women seem to share information, men battle with it. Like we're doing now.

Men tend to pick out the things they disagree with the strongest and form a counter argument. Some men play football, some play debate. Women don't generally enjoy competing like this, and I think that is a biological difference, and not a societal one.

I think thats all archetypical BS, personally. I've seen the classic archetypes of how men are supposed to behave and how women are supposed to behave completely reverse themselves in my lifetime, looking from one generation of women to the next. So I don't have a lot of respect for those archetypical 'man' and 'woman' properties.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder