Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
mushroom road trip report
    #2422123 - 03/12/04 04:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Now I hear that it's not a good idea to trip while on a road trip.  I can understand why,  but I did when I was a passenger for a trip to Florida.  I had a 20 hour ride ahead of me,  so late at night when everyone else was asleep, I dosed 2 grams of malabar :mushroom2:.  By the time I was "peaking" :eek: I was coming down the mountains into Virginia.  I could see over the city scape. All the beautiful colors just radiating from the city lights was just an awesome experience.  I just put on my headphones, put on some psy trance, and enjoyed every minute of my trip.  Now obviously not everyone should try, but certain circumstances, you can actually have a good time.  Just don't drive.  One thing that was nerve racking was that even though I was not Driving, I would still pay attention to the persons driving.  Which in my case was like babysitting at times. :crazy2:  Please post your opinions. I'd love to hear your imput.

--------------------
Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Re: mushroom road trip report [Re: SporeX]
    #2423159 - 03/12/04 11:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds like fun. You say nobody else was awake. Were you driving?

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineHIghInOhio
stranger thanyou
 User Gallery

Loc: ohio
    #2423182 - 03/12/04 11:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you had a great time! I also went on a small road trip up to Petoskey, Michigan this past weekend, and had one of the best trips of my life. The changing scenery and unknown environment is a great combination with the mushroom trip IMO.
Can be a little claustrophobic at times though :alert:

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Re: mushroom road trip report [Re: HIghInOhio]
    #2432268 - 03/14/04 08:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No doubt, but if you can handle the intensity, then it is all worth it in the end

--------------------

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: mushroom road trip report [Re: HIghInOhio]
    #2432857 - 03/14/04 11:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HIghInOhio said:
Sounds like you had a great time! I also went on a small road trip up to Petoskey, Michigan this past weekend, and had one of the best trips of my life. The changing scenery and unknown environment is a great combination with the mushroom trip IMO.
Can be a little claustrophobic at times though :alert:

you should make the extra 4 hours and go to marquette  in the UP. You would die of beauty

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2433151 - 03/15/04 12:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SporeX said:
Just don't drive.

This is a good point. A wise person once said "don't take mushrooms and go driving. You could be driving along okay, see a dot and go "whoa..", and crash. I was thinkin about this.

I want to start a driver's training school for the inebriated. Cops are always bitching about how dangerous stoned drivers are. Since at least WKRP in Cincinnati reasonable people have known that it's in the skills, not the %blood/alc.

So, you have a buisiness issueing Graduation Certificates for being able to prove their safety driving skills while stoned. Maybe it won't hold up in court, but this is a step in the right direction for public policy on driving standards.

I don't care who you are, if you can't prove you're a Fair and Safe driver, at least every four years, you shouldn't be issued a liscence.

Then I was thinking that I could train and teach driving on mush. The cars might need to be outfitted with Teacher stearing wheels as well as brakes (and probably gas, tell you the truth,) but it would be an experience learning to drive tripping, safely!

ps. rebuttles;
.08 is the legal limit for a good reason, that is very drunk. But drunks argue that they can "handle" more than the average person. Maybe so, but more importantly, a person may be driving with a blood/alc of less than .08 and be way to drunk to drive. This would be unjust.
I know that I would want to be able to drive when stoned. It definately doesn't detract from my attention, skill or vigilance to a safe trip (:)) Same thing with alcohol. I know that there is a point were I should not be permitted to drive. But sometimes I have had alcohol and know that driving wouldn't be any less safe than normal road conditions and statistics declare because of my 2 beers.

The proof must be in the pudding. If you want to be able to drive with a blood alcohol level of .04% then get a certificate of graduation from an institution capable of offering a safer community.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Edited by recalcitrant (03/15/04 12:54 AM)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: mushroom road trip report [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2433267 - 03/15/04 01:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

recalcitrant said:
I want to start a driver's training school for the inebriated.

yes....because we really need to be encouraging more people to operate vehicles on the roads while intoxicated  :shake:

Edit:  By the way, its cool you had fun shroomin in the car the whole time. I've taken shrooms and been in a car the majority of the time, but i didnt really enjoy it, and i felt a lot better when i wasn't in the car.  I like to be able to move around and shit personally

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Edited by Slipknot420 (03/15/04 01:36 AM)

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Re: mushroom road trip report [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2433286 - 03/15/04 01:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I don't even really like driving stoned, I get PEARED. Even if you are the safest driver in the world, your eyes can be decieved.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience