Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinespored
Stranger
Subaeriginosa outdoor beds?
    #2421643 - 03/12/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I innoculated some BRF jars with sub spores, they appear to have grown into mycelium in the jars, but there is a little contamination(green mould). I would like to think that I can simply dump the contents of these jars into bags of moist woodchips and once they have collonised those, put the wood chips outdoors with other wood chips and hopefully they will fruit from there?

Is the contamination in my jars as much of a problem or concern if I am going to innoculate woodchips, ie nature takes care of contams and the mycelium should outgrow the mould? Especially when they go outside? Does one just use say a garbage bag of moisened wood chips? And when they have collonised those, mix with other wood chips outside?

Now assumeing every thing proceeded well, would these outdoor woodchips begin fruiting this year?,ie in a couple of months from now? The subs around here ussually come on around April..so not long to go.

Anno, bluemeanie? :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Subaeriginosa outdoor beds? [Re: spored]
    #2421791 - 03/12/04 02:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you put moldy spawn on woodchips indoors, the chips will contaminate with green mold.
I don't know about outdoors, although i have the feeling that outdoors the contamination wouldn?t happen so fast if at all.
generally I wouldn?t use moldy spawn for anything, but if you want to try it out, then inoculate the outdoor bed directly, skip the indoor chips step.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology