Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Am i cooking the agar medium properly?
    #24209 - 07/13/00 08:22 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

It depends on the type of agar you made... If it smells burnt and you used honey or malt then you probably carmalized it. Ive never had good results with agar that has been over sterilized. The way you described it, it sounds like you just didnt wait for it to cool enough...Pop it in the refridg... If you cant find petri plates...Use baby food jars. E-mail me for some good agar mixes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#24211 - 07/14/00 07:56 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

It seems to have solidified. Seems
ok now. A little darker on the bottom like it wasn't mixed enough before cooking. Like chocolate milk powder that wasn't stirred properly :smile: Think I should still be able to use it. Should I use 25 or 50 ml in a 300 ml flask with 250 mls of water. Whats a good ratio? Thanks alot for the help If you have any good mixes that;d be great my email is peterkoz@erols.com. Or if you know a place online you could recommend where I could order some good bulk agar mixes,etc whatever.
Petri's are no problem. Got cartons of the stuff, was thinking of offering some to anyone interested, but wasn't sure.
Anyways thanks!

Anonymous

#24212 - 07/15/00 11:20 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Check out the Psychedelic Kitchen at www.stainblue.com. They have a bunch of agar recipes.

------------------
"Not all drugs are good... some are great."

Anonymous

#24213 - 07/15/00 04:14 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

My agar always has a bit of sediment in the bottom. Never has been a problem. Mine is never jelled until after it cools and sets. The only problem I have had with quick cooling methods is that it seems to create too much moisture in the container(s).

I try to use about 1 tablespoon of agar to 8 ounces of water. This is approximate measurements. I often make it a bit stronger just for good measure.

Say you have a bunch of petris? How much do you want for some? Drop me an email and let me know.

------------------
Jade
registered Wild Child? For spores and more visit:http://www.gypsystudios.com

Anonymous

#24214 - 07/15/00 05:54 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the help guys!
Exploding boy whats your address?
Amanita cost? Wouldn't feel right have cartons of the stuff just email me at peterkoz@erols.com to remind me and shipping address,etc Also tell if you have a particular size you want,also might be able to get glass vs. plastic,etc.Might be able to get other equipment(work parttime in lab).

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#24215 - 07/15/00 09:24 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

In the lab where I work we use many different media for growing just about everything. For efficacy we don't make any of our own media. It's more reproducible, cost effective, and easier just to order pre-made stuff. I don't know what we pay, but the PDA and other fungal media come in nice packs of 10. . .it is possible that individuals cannot order from companies such as Remel, BBL, Sigma. If you have to buy dehydrated stuff anyway, might as well try to get it poured and sterlized by people who do thousands a day [in my opinion]. Of course, you have the issue of disposable plastic petris instead of reusable glass ones.
if interested, www.remelinc.com
Again, I have not tried ordering privately.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom