Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14
InvisibleZanthius
Mean Alien
Male

Re: The meaning of life [Re: blingbling]
    #24518608 - 07/30/17 04:43 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blingbling said:
OK so why exactly should we care about the environment again? You see, you've fallen into a logic of hedonism, you care about the environment because it makes you feel good, and then you die. I destroy the environment because it makes me feel good, then I die. There is no difference if there is nothing sacred about the environment that would mean enjoyment grounded in destroying the environment is wrong.

Ehm... you should care about the environment because you need breathable air, drinkable water and edible food. Those are basic needs.

There are also books written about why you should care about biodiversity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: The meaning of life [Re: Zanthius]
    #24518862 - 07/30/17 06:15 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

O so cute. Frogs are my favorite. Edward pub should know http://b-ok.org/s/?q=Edward+o+wilson&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0

Edited by Jaegar (07/30/17 06:18 PM)

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: The meaning of life [Re: sudly]
    #24526617 - 08/03/17 03:56 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
What is achievement, strive, desire? Pleasure is nice and all but there's more to life than it alone.

People like to tell themselves stories about how what they believe is the ultimate truth which takes human meaning beyond the pleasure principle. In my opinion, this narcissism is totally natural, but still logically indefensible. This leaves us with a choice between blind faith and soul crushing rationality.

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

OfflineDeesKnots
Aspiring Mycologist
Male

Loc: Vermont Flag
Re: The meaning of life [Re: blingbling] * 1
    #24526681 - 08/03/17 05:21 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Ok I'm pretty sure that's too black and white to describe a universe with unlimited color.

I don't fit in either of those choices and I don't have to because I said so.

--------------------
~Imagine the Big Bang was only a neuron firing in a brain that belonged to a fly~
"All mushrooms are edible, some only once"
"I'm inhibiting the inhibitors that inhibit me!" ~Andrew
:peace:&:heart:

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24526725 - 08/03/17 05:57 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blingbling said:
Quote:

sudly said:
What is achievement, strive, desire? Pleasure is nice and all but there's more to life than it alone.

People like to tell themselves stories about how what they believe is the ultimate truth which takes human meaning beyond the pleasure principle. In my opinion, this narcissism is totally natural, but still logically indefensible. This leaves us with a choice between blind faith and soul crushing rationality.

Work hard, play hard?
I dunno what you're on about so.. lets all whip ourselves for the sin of being born! But hey rationality sounds good too, if you can handle to fathom it.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#24526738 - 08/03/17 06:11 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blingbling said:
Quote:

sudly said:

i think many attempt to convince others because they are uncertain of their own belief - if more people believe it makes it easier, and seems truer

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleKurt
Thinker, blinker, writer, typer.

#24527074 - 08/03/17 09:43 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
Quote:

blingbling said:
Quote:

sudly said:

Work hard, play hard?
I dunno what you're on about so.. lets all whip ourselves for the sin of being born! But hey rationality sounds good too, if you can handle to fathom it.

Any pursuit is like a muscle. It is conditioned, as it is worked. Being situated in these terms, is both in freedom (in human terms) and guidance by nature.

Self whipping (the melodramatic display of psychological wounds) is passive aggressive, some kind of compensation. Degenerate really.

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: The meaning of life [Re: DeesKnots]
    #24528361 - 08/03/17 08:07 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeesKnots said:
Ok I'm pretty sure that's too black and white to describe a universe with unlimited color.

I don't fit in either of those choices and I don't have to because I said so.

Well, I'm generalising in order to make a point which I think is generally true for most in our culture and partially true for others.

--------------------
Kupo said:

cez said:

dustinthewind13 said:

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

#24528381 - 08/03/17 08:13 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
Quote:

blingbling said:
Quote:

sudly said:

Work hard, play hard?
lets all whip ourselves for the sin of being born!

Its interesting that you bring that up. There's a technical term for that, namely existential guilt. Its the guilt that one feels for not being the force which generates its own momentum ie. you cannot take credit for how good looking or talented you are. Most of what we do is a causa sui project to deny this basic truth. Causa sui is another technical term that means something like 'self creation.' To put it in psychoanalytic terms its the attempt to become ones own father.

--------------------
Kupo said:

cez said:

dustinthewind13 said:

White Beard said:

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: The meaning of life [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24528399 - 08/03/17 08:19 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

blingbling said:
Quote:

sudly said:

i think many attempt to convince others because they are uncertain of their own belief - if more people believe it makes it easier, and seems truer

I agree, and we often begin to hate others who believe in different things because it undermines our belief systems.

--------------------
Kupo said:

cez said:

dustinthewind13 said:

White Beard said:

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: The meaning of life [Re: Kurt]
    #24528897 - 08/04/17 12:04 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I don't want to whip anyone.. self flagellation is a religious thing and all.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder