Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
antidepressants?
    #2419673 - 03/11/04 02:51 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I'm wondering if there is a drug interaction between trying shrooms and being on antidepressants.. ?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
Re: antidepressants? [Re: Locus]
    #2419815 - 03/11/04 03:36 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

In the past when I've taken SSRIs (celexa, zoloft, paxil, etc.) or SNRIs (effexor) and tried to shroom, nothing would happen.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: antidepressants? [Re: temperance]
    #2419915 - 03/11/04 04:04 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Hmmm, interesting.. Why did you end up getting off of the antidepressants if i may ask? Or whatever.. how was the tripping once you got off them?

Edited by Locus (03/11/04 04:26 PM)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2420046 - 03/11/04 04:49 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

A lot depends on what anti-depressents you're talking about. Bluelight has an EXCELLENT FAQ on interactions between the two.

http://www.bluelight.nu/vb/showthread.php?threadid=27379

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#2420110 - 03/11/04 05:13 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I've read that SRRI's reduce tripping potency by about 1/3rd. I was on paxil for a while and it seemed to mild out my trips..less estatic, less intense.
The really depressing part about anti-depressants (SRRI's at least) is you can't combine them with MAOIs like syrian rue or B. cappi. These plants are increadible in that they potentiate shrooms and acid by about 2X and give a different feeling..I would say a more serious and consistent trip. MAOIs also make DMT oral active. That was really my main reason to get off the paxil, so I can take ayahuasca (DMT+MAOI) again.

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

#2420276 - 03/11/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Actually, what happened was that I was taking Celexa and really wanted to have a good shroom trip. So I stoped taking the Celexa about a week or 2 before I planned to do shrooms with the intention of going back on it a week or 2 after the trip. But alas, I haven't ingested them since (and it's been exactly a year). The trip I had and a few that followed emphasized that I no longer needed to take them. Maybe it sounds weird, but I do indeed attribute my diminished need for antidepressants to enlightening shroom experiences.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

Edited by temperance (03/11/04 06:00 PM)

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Re: antidepressants? [Re: rdnp2035]
    #2420281 - 03/11/04 05:59 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

rdnp2035 said:
The really depressing part about anti-depressants

heh, that sounds funny.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2420667 - 03/11/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

temperance said:
Maybe it sounds weird, but I do indeed attribute my diminished need for antidepressants to enlightening shroom experiences.

I think it's perfectly normal. I've had simular experinces in psychedelics curing parts of my depression (as well as psychotherapy etc..). I think it's because depression is often the result of having a certain mindset, or viewpoint, and psychedelics can turn that upside down so you can understand it in a much more beautiful light.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: antidepressants? [Re: Twirling]
    #2420679 - 03/11/04 08:00 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I'm interested in trying shrooms..possibly expanding my views and finding answers to some things..and maybe do the same as you two have done.. but could the depression cause a bad trip?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Re: antidepressants? [Re: Twirling]
    #2420704 - 03/11/04 08:09 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
I think it's because depression is often the result of having a certain mindset, or viewpoint, and psychedelics can turn that upside down so you can understand it in a much more beautiful light.

I definitely agree.

and
Quote:

but could the depression cause a bad trip?

Definitely. Wait to trip on shrooms (or anything) 'til your mood is stable, I say.

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2420746 - 03/11/04 08:21 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

well im actually not that depressed really at the moment.. but i have like unexplainable back pain and after seeing a lot of doctors and stuff for it they thought that it could be related to depression.. but i guess pain would also cause a bad trip right.. ughh..

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2420750 - 03/11/04 08:25 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Locus said:
I'm interested in trying shrooms..possibly expanding my views and finding answers to some things..and maybe do the same as you two have done.. but could the depression cause a bad trip?

Like temperance said, it can cause a bad trip, especially if the depression is caused by past traumatic events. Sometimes, and I speak from a single experience, those bad trips are the ones that make a difference, but it is REALLY essential that you have a sober, experienced trip sitter for something like that. Again, like temperance said, stability is really important as well.

Anonymous

#2420788 - 03/11/04 08:33 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

i took zoloft for a long time and still could shroom hard off a quarter oz. now i take wellbutrin and am expecting to get the same results.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: antidepressants? [Re: ]
    #2420866 - 03/11/04 08:52 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

in any case if i did attempt to do them anyway and had someone there to try and get me back on track if i had a bad trip.. would I be able to get back into a positive mind set despite whatever could be wrong or am i just destined for a bad trip all the way through?

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2421050 - 03/11/04 09:38 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

You could defintely come out of it. With a change in set and setting, it can have a direct effect on your mood. That's another thing to consider, is to plan out positive events and always remember that you're fine. Any negative effect is just the drug.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag