Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

Loc: Up in the UnderWorld
Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: crowseed]
    #24157904 - 03/13/17 02:21 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I have a question of my own actually.
At what point does a salvia plant become viable to produce cuttings?

Take those two inch cuttings I just talked about and say they branched three times with each if  those branches being 2½ inches in growth.

Would a two inch cutting from one of these branches be appropriate at this time or should I wait until they grow larger.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: Dark lotus]
    #24158167 - 03/13/17 08:10 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Personally I'd wait. Unless you are in a rush a 2" cutting will take awhile to take off. It definitely will work, just saying, if not in a hurry just wait until it gets bigger. Then you can take several cuttings at once.

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: shroomizzy]
    #24162970 - 03/14/17 09:31 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Looked a lot worse a few months ago before a kind gentlemen on this site helped me source neem oil

Before:

Don't remember which one of these it was. One I threw out, the other ones are still shit but no sign of bugs anymore. Going to go over them with a fine tooth comb on Sunday

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

#24163006 - 03/14/17 09:49 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks shroomizzy,I have been pretty exaughstive in my search for an awnser to that particular question.
Will post pics soon.

Offline1314697
Ight guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: NM
    #24178169 - 03/20/17 03:13 PM (7 years, 28 days ago)

Any tips on taking cuttings? So far I've been cutting new growth with at least 4 leaves and sitting in water until roots sprout. Any tips on improving that

--------------------
Far beyond Lost in Space

Offlinecrowseed
90% mushroom

Loc: rising from the earth
Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: 1314697] * 3
    #24179658 - 03/21/17 07:52 AM (7 years, 27 days ago)

You can just use a node to propagate a new plant. Just press lightly into the soil and keep humid. It doesn't matter whether the node already has growth or not. Hope these pics help but if not please feel free to ask. These are just under a week old.

InvisibleDualWieldRake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8b
    #24179816 - 03/21/17 09:17 AM (7 years, 27 days ago)

Thats a lot of salvia :greenthumb:

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#24180010 - 03/21/17 10:33 AM (7 years, 27 days ago)

I'm pretty interested in your success rate with those. I hope you'll post a follow-up. I'd be concerned about the tiny nodes succumbing to rot.

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: 1234go]
    #24180206 - 03/21/17 11:53 AM (7 years, 27 days ago)

Most of my salvias look like shit I really want to chop 2 of them all up and do this node trick. Just keep the best looking one. Take a look at my journal guise if you wanna see more sages they're really not that pretty.

Offlinecrowseed
90% mushroom

Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: 1234go]
    #24180728 - 03/21/17 03:13 PM (7 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
I'm pretty interested in your success rate with those. I hope you'll post a follow-up. I'd be concerned about the tiny nodes succumbing to rot.

Yes I'll post follow ups for sure.

To avoid rot you need humid but not stagnant air, so some holes in the incubator lid for air flow. The nodes quickly put out roots and shoots, then the node itself can happily die back (without rotting). It takes longer for the plant to get to a good size, but it has a good root system compared with cuttings.

The hardest bit is when you're ready to bring them out of incubation and acclimatise them to a less humid atmosphere. Because the leaves are so much smaller, they can die off quite easily while they adjust.

I think they propagate a lot like this in their natural environment, the branches falling to the soft earth and putting out roots and shoots.

Offlinecrowseed
90% mushroom

Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: DualWieldRake]
    #24180759 - 03/21/17 03:24 PM (7 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

DualWieldRake said:
Thats a lot of salvia :greenthumb:

Cheers :smile:

Offlinecrowseed
90% mushroom

Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: jellyfish]
    #24180767 - 03/21/17 03:28 PM (7 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

jellyfish said:
Most of my salvias look like shit I really want to chop 2 of them all up and do this node trick.

I wouldn't butcher a plant just for this, but it's a great way to recycle leggy branches.

Invisiblejellyfish

#24180953 - 03/21/17 04:29 PM (7 years, 27 days ago)

They're really not doing well. I doubt most people wanna dig through my posts so I'll post some pics here

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery
Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: jellyfish]
    #24182370 - 03/22/17 06:19 AM (7 years, 27 days ago)

Rooting cuttings of a bad looking plant in some good fresh dirt always livens them back up for me:thumbup:

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: NDStepp84]
    #24182604 - 03/22/17 09:00 AM (7 years, 26 days ago)

I've had my mother plant and another big one dying on me... at first because I've seen some fungus gnats flying around I thought they were the perps, but after a while realized there really weren't enough - not even close to call it a plague afaik.

But during winter the house apparently got crazy dry air, especially since it is always so warm in here even during winter without the heat on (lot of old folks living around my apartment)... its a bit better now although I am still fighting it with misting and just boiling off pots of water etc.

Right now I am trying to salvage a big one in my bedroom (it is mostly a long thick stalk with some new growth at the top), and small ones in my new indoor growhouse.

Hehe and also this sally that has been doing fine through it all that I am basically growing for fun purely on water in a winebottle. I should probably give it a little nutrient now but it was kind of a joke / experiment.

I have built a simple hydroponics device last sunday, that wine bottle one (it is long with only some concentrated growth on two places) is basically a hydroponics setup without any medium etc....

Maybe this gives some insight into how hydroponics might make for a very resilient Sally....

InvisibleSpellbound
PegasusTheFlyingHorse
Female User Gallery

Loc: England Flag
Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: Solipsis] * 2
    #24183220 - 03/22/17 12:56 PM (7 years, 26 days ago)

A little update on my sally leaf that fell off, but refuses to die :awesome:
Popped in a little pot, and she is growing ^_^
So I cut two small ones off with a scalpel and planted in the pot in second image see if they also root.
And final one is sally one year after I got her as a small pale green sickly looking cutting :smile:

--------------------
Mescaline Tea - the one singular occasion of my entire life I cooked for 9 hours :lmafo:

The trick is to be yourself, in a world trying to make you like everyone else :heart:

OfflineDark lotus
Public Enemy No. 1

Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: Spellbound] * 1
    #24185007 - 03/23/17 02:10 AM (7 years, 26 days ago)

Hey I had a little leaf that wouldn't die too!
Check out the new growth.

Bic for comparison.
Looks like propagation via leaf cuttings is a decently viable method.
Also anyone know what those white insects are?
They are like mini white slaters and all my plants that had them lost all their leaves.
I have since washed the plants and roots clean and repotted in fresh soil but I want to make sure their an actual pest.

Here's a close up

Though its too late if their not a pest because as you can see I drowned the little fuckers in boiling water:laugh:

Invisiblejellyfish

#24198092 - 03/27/17 08:20 PM (7 years, 21 days ago)

So I'm really depressed. Had my salvia plant since I was in my late teens. Over 10 years ago now. Today I figured they are sick and not getting better. The neem oil and end all seemed to help for a while but I noticed insects back today. I really hurt to throw them out. Just like it hurt to throw my peyotes out last week but the sages I just have such a bond with. I kept the healthiest looking one which still has bugs, and hit it with some pyrethrum (end-all) because I didn't have time to mix up more neem oil. I tried to take some node cuttings. Used the seedling tray I usually use for trichs because I drilled holes in the lid and cover them with tape as a way of controlling humidity and slowly acclimatizing plants (trich seedlings usually).

Tossed these 2:

My remaining plant before taking some cuttings:

My remaining plant today (wet with pesticide):

If just one of these nodes roots and becomes a new plant I will be ecstatic. I am planning on redoing my peyote garden. I get good germination rates but just didn't keep my eye out for insects sadly. Salvia was banned in Canada last year, stores still sell extract, possessing leaf is still okay. Just cultivators like me who don't smoke or consume the stuff are punished for trying to keep alive a sacred species. I need to find a way to get a new one in case my last plant and none of these cuttings take. They are small, I don't have high hopes.

RIP. I truly love my plants and am not religious but they are sacred in some cultures and hold a special place in my heart. Over 10 years.... My trich garden is looking nice though if anybody cares to click the link to my journal in my sig.

What do you guys think. Any chance of those little cuttings taking off? I have the top on the seedling tray with holes drilled in it, half covered with tape for humidity, half open so air isn't too stagnant.

Thanks for any advice. This was a hard decision for me but I felt the sick plants and insects were only going to spread to my last decent salvia and my other plants in general.

OfflineStarstepper
AI Brobot
Male User Gallery

Loc: The blip on the radar Flag
Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: jellyfish] * 2
    #24198231 - 03/27/17 09:08 PM (7 years, 21 days ago)

Bummer dude. It kind of makes me feel bad for posting these picks:

My plants survived the winter and are boosting hard. I haven't watered the 25 gallon pot since like Oct/Nov I think. 3 generations of plants like 10 total.

--------------------
:darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside:

Invisiblejellyfish

Re: Salvia Divinorum Growers Unite! [Re: Starstepper]
    #24198268 - 03/27/17 09:18 PM (7 years, 21 days ago)

Those are so nice and healthy. And like I said, I'm not bad with plants. My dad promised me he would only grow plants from seed in my grow area because I'm sick of insects and then brings home the shittiest oregano plant, all my plants get sick and he tells me he bought it from a greenhouse, greenhouses don't have insects, and they grew it from seed which is what I wanted.

I need to relocate my garden to my apartment but the old folks keep the thermostat so high all my plants would fry. My dad has intentionally thrown things at my garden because he think I'm ridiculous for having such a soft spot fir my plants so when he's mad at me he knows just how to hurt me. Luckily we don't fight much anymore but even still, they're my babies. Do you think there's a chance of my last plant and my little cuttings being successful at all?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck