Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction * 2
    #24183840 - 03/22/17 04:21 PM (7 years, 8 days ago)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/parrots-flying-high-drugs-annoying-10073428

Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their opium addiction

Drug-addled birds sit perched in wait before swooping down behind workers' backs for a nibble before retreating to high branches - where some then fall to their death passed out

Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering their poppy fields to feed their opium addiction.

The drug-addicted birds sit perched in wait until the morphine-rich area is exposed by workers slitting open the flowers' pods to help them ripen.

The parrots then swoop down in silence into the opium fields - having learned not to squawk - and frantically nibble off the stalks below the pod before they are spotted.

Video shows them retreating to high branches where they gorge on the plants leaving them sleeping for hours - and even falling to their death.

This phenomenon was first reported in 2015, but this year it has spread across to other regions for the first time.

Farmers now claim they are getting warnings from the Government's narcotics department - which controls opium farming - over their reduced yields.

Sobharam Rathod, an opium farmer from Neemach, India, estimates parrots are stealing around ten per cent of his crop and he has been given a warning.

The opium is appealing to the bird masses - but endangering farmers' livelihoods (file pic) (Photo: EyeEm)

The cunning parrots swoop down from trees in silence once workers' backs are turned (file pic) (Photo: AFP)

He said: "Usually, the parrots would make sound when in a group. But these birds have become so smart that they don't make any noise when they swoop on the fields.

"The birds start chirping when they fly away with opium pods.

"We have tried every trick possible to keep the birds at bay but these addicts keep coming back even at the risk of their life.

"Like we keep an eye on them, but they also keep an eye on us.

"The moment you lower your guard the army of parrots silently swoop onto your field and take away the bulbs."

In 2015 drug raiding parrots were reported in Chittorgarh in the state of Rajasthan.

But this year they have been found making a huge dent in crops 40 miles away in Neemach in the state of Madhya Pradesh.

According to farmers, the numbers of birds raiding their fields are increasing with every passing year.

Some of the parrots fall to their deaths after being knocked out by the hard drugs (file pic) (Photo: Moment RF)

Farmers are supposed to hand over a pre-agreed quantity of produce to the state, which controls opium farming.

The birds hit between March and April when the seeds are cut by farmers, exposing the latex which contains morphine, which is processed chemically to produce heroin.

According to farmers, drugged birds have become easy target for their predators thanks to their dopey state.

Farmers have tried bursting firecrackers, beating tin drums and hurling stones to keep the birds away - but to no avail.

Another farmer in Neemach added: "It is difficult to control these parrots.

"We have to spend hours in our fields to shoo them away."

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #24183938 - 03/22/17 04:55 PM (7 years, 8 days ago)

Likely excuse for not meeting the government regulated opium quotas. Time to take your house away though since you're hoarding it on the black market.

J/K

Maybe.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: PatrickKn]
    #24184036 - 03/22/17 05:31 PM (7 years, 8 days ago)

There's a video of the parrots on the news site if you click the link. You can watch the crop damage they do. They're flying dope fiends. Funniest think I've seen in a while, rofl.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Edited by Ellis Dee (03/22/17 06:33 PM)

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: Ellis Dee] * 1
    #24184124 - 03/22/17 06:16 PM (7 years, 8 days ago)

Fuck you cockatoo

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: Mush 4 Brains] * 1
    #24184236 - 03/22/17 07:05 PM (7 years, 8 days ago)

everybody just wants to get high

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: PatrickKn]
    #24184332 - 03/22/17 07:48 PM (7 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Likely excuse for not meeting the government regulated opium quotas. Time to take your house away though since you're hoarding it on the black market.

J/K

Maybe.

No I think that might be the case.. :strokebeard:

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

OfflineBasilBush
Reality Bender
Male User Gallery

Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: zZZz]
    #24185118 - 03/23/17 04:09 AM (7 years, 8 days ago)

Lol I want to be a parrot now,

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #24185131 - 03/23/17 04:24 AM (7 years, 8 days ago)

is this for real?  really?

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: ReposadoXochipilli] * 1
    #24186253 - 03/23/17 01:58 PM (7 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

ReposadoXochipilli said:
everybody just wants to get high

*In Bob Dylan voice*: Everybody must get stoned!

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: Camwritesgonzo] * 2
    #24186268 - 03/23/17 02:08 PM (7 years, 7 days ago)

So, I think the obvious solution is to make parrot-intoxication illegal, and force them to go to treatment by giving them a criminal record.

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
    #24186339 - 03/23/17 02:34 PM (7 years, 7 days ago)

I was just thinking after looking at the bottom pic in the OP... Those look exactly like these green parrots that inexplicably appeared a decade ago all around my old Chicago area home.

They're loud obnoxious fuckers, I could easily picture them dive bombing. They seem to make a mess of all the trees they flock to.

OfflinePezam
Edible Warrior
 User Gallery

Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: Mush 4 Brains]
    #24187236 - 03/23/17 08:17 PM (7 years, 7 days ago)

If I were an opium farmer who became addicted to my pods, I would blame the parrots as well...

--------------------

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: Pezam]
    #24188129 - 03/24/17 08:28 AM (7 years, 6 days ago)

Why is there no report of it killing the naughty birds.

Is an animal capable of knowing it's limits?

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: durian_2008]
    #24188509 - 03/24/17 11:09 AM (7 years, 6 days ago)

when you can get something so good for free, why would you have limits? LOL.

Quote:

durian_2008 said:

Is an animal capable of knowing it's limits?

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: CLIT]
    #24188521 - 03/24/17 11:13 AM (7 years, 6 days ago)

For all I know, the animals eventually OD and die.

I just thought it was interesting, that they are unrestricted, yet nothing bad seems to happen.

I acknowledge that these drugs are in their natural state -- not a freebase or concentrate.

Maybe, the krokodil parrot would fall apart.

OfflinePezam
Edible Warrior
 User Gallery

Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: durian_2008]
    #24188545 - 03/24/17 11:21 AM (7 years, 6 days ago)

We must stop the parrot opiate epidemic.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: durian_2008] * 3
    #24188619 - 03/24/17 11:51 AM (7 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:

If you read the entire article, it states that the birds often drop dead.

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

#24191587 - 03/25/17 11:28 AM (7 years, 5 days ago)

:bow:

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
    #24193989 - 03/26/17 08:13 AM (7 years, 4 days ago)

guess you can say they are getting high as birds  :yeaaaaaaaah: (puts on sunglasses)

InvisibleJonBongGroovy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawaii Flag
    #24194411 - 03/26/17 11:11 AM (7 years, 4 days ago)

:rofl:

--------------------

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: Parrots flying high on drugs are annoying farmers by plundering poppy fields to feed their addiction [Re: JonBongGroovy]
    #24197219 - 03/27/17 02:31 PM (7 years, 3 days ago)

I wonder how it tastes like eating the pods? It had to taste great for those birds to just go for it the way they do?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom