Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
I fucking hate time
    #2418114 - 03/11/04 04:01 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

I fucking hate it with a passion.

I'm a junior in college, i remember when i was just entering my freshman year of high school, it feels like yesterday, but its so distant.

I'll never have those times ever again....Same with all the time in college that has already passed me by. So many people i knew here are already gone.....and it all feels like just yesterday.

I fucking hate existence sometimes....

i know, i know, make new experiences, have a good time with the time you have....but its just not the same..you dont have the retrospective glitter that you get with nostalgia..you dont realize what you have sometimes until you lose it...

for the rest of my life, more and more will be behind me...less and less will be ahead. I can see myself walking backwards watching what was before, and falling off a ledge i never saw coming...

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: I fucking hate time [Re: Kremlin]
    #2418118 - 03/11/04 04:05 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Memories, they all have such weight attached to them, it seems impossible to look back on good times without a heavy heart, and its so hard to make it positive...dont you ever get tired of trying ot make everything positive?  It's just not.

Life is depressingly simple, linear, and terrible.

Mind you, these things dont bother me all day and make me depressed, but im just havin a moment, ya know? :frown:

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #2418212 - 03/11/04 05:32 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

lifes a bitch,
and then you die :smirk:

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #2418276 - 03/11/04 06:33 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

"Memories, they all have such weight attached to them, it seems impossible to look back on good times without a heavy heart, and its so hard to make it positive...dont you ever get tired of trying ot make everything positive? It's just not."

I know the feeling. I go through the same thing myself from time to time. But you gotta keep this in mind, that memory is often selective, the really difficult and painful things are smoothed over or forgotten, but you should remember those things as well. Those memories provide a balance. For every missed opportunity or blissfully perfect day that you're sure will never come again there are days and moments when everything IS uncertain or precarious, when survival itself is not guaranteed. Just remember that reminiscing has its place but its the luxury of the fortunate. Myself, I'll take fortunate every day of the week if I can get it. Hope this helps.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2419898 - 03/11/04 03:57 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

Not much I can add to what you've said, except that I agree and know exactly how you're describing what you feel... time is like the current of water, always washing away what was.. but its almost comforting in its discomfort, knowing that existence from your view will eventuall wash away, as well...

Nothing really matters. :smile:

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2425201 - 03/12/04 07:23 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.

:cool:heh someone had to do it..

Krem dude I feel that way alot, and it does suck.. sometimes I wish I could just live in a time loop.
but really I think the past is always kinda still happening..its powers are still in effect, and your memories are just as real as time itself.
I know what you mean though no matter what I think or feel about it I will still find myself saying ..I want to go back

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: I fucking hate time [Re: shaggy101]
    #2427528 - 03/13/04 01:27 PM (20 years, 20 days ago)

life is a bitch.
its like we are choked under water and we keep gasping for breathes of air till we die....

thats why i try to not take things too serious. dont get me wrong im not a dumbass. i just try and utilize my brain towards whatever situation i face in life.

whoever said having a fun time was really fun :P

Jump to top Pages: 1