Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
So, Should We Plan Trips?
    #2418060 - 03/11/04 05:29 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

This forum has many nice tips about planning trips, but should one plan them on the first place?

It may seem that the more one plans the trip, the better it will work out, but I have doubts about this. I personally feel that sometimes thinking too long about something ruins the fun of it.

I have once planned a mushroom trip weeks before the experience, and it did not go as i expected. Another  time I just felt I need such an experience and ate the shrooms, and it was perfect. Psychedelic experiences are always a bit unpredictable  and planing them works only to a certain degree.

I think it also depends on the substance whether it is good to seriously plan trips. On mushrooms, one is influenced very much by the set&setting, and one also needs to set aside a large amount of time, 6+hours,  :mushroom2:, so it is very difficult to  just do it  and improvise.

On Salvia, on the other hand, it lasts only a few minutes, and I usualy stop paying attention to the room where I am, so i guess Salvia is better if one just wants to trip when he feels like it suddenly  :bong:.

When I think about it, it is almost impossible to just do a trip and improvise it without any thought, I have read much about it and I have great respect for the plants of power, so I can't just consume them spontaneously like i would  a beer. But still, there are degrees about time invested in planning.

So how do u go about your Salvia or mushroom trips, do u plan them and how, do u just do them when your mood is like it, share your ideas and experience here.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: So, Should We Plan Trips? [Re: gotmagog]
    #2418113 - 03/11/04 06:00 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

Depends to what degree you plan.

What I mean: If you schedule things down to the half hour, trust me, things won't go as planned. Once you are tripping, you become very indecisive, lose track of things...plan slike that will never be followed and trying to follow them will take away from the experience.

The type of planning I think is good is stuff like...well we'll dose, after an hour we'll go for a walk around campus, then come back do some whip its and listen to music, then smoke. Stuff that would likely happen withor without a plan, mostly...

Of course you don't have to plan, just make sure people (if there are people) and intial setting are good, and you don't have important shit to deal with that could come up in the middle of tripping, or that needs to be done otherwise you'll be fucked the next day. If you are worried about your girlfriend dropping by, for example, don't trip in ur appartment...this kind of planning is necessary or you may have a very bad trip. (assuming your girlfriend is not down with tripping, hehe)

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

OfflineToolman
This one, thisform I hold now
 User Gallery

Loc: The borderline
    #2418226 - 03/11/04 07:49 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

What i like to plan is:
Music
Weed

Now that i am older, i have started to meditate before trips.
The rest of the trip i just go with the flow

PS. Its not like planning sex. If i do that it feels so wrong

--------------------
Dreaming of that face again. It's bright and blue and shimmering. Grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2418319 - 03/11/04 08:52 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

I havent done salvia but Mushrooms and LSD etc.
The thing I've realized is the more spontaneous you choose to trip, the more fun it gets, but the only requirement is that there wont be any stress factors. You have to know that there wont be anything in the way, and thats about it... for me. I like to be sure I'm with the right people or no people, have some fun things on me or with me (guitar, things to play with...whatever...) and run off into the woods! If its in the summer I just take the drug and run down to some park or some beach... whatever... always turns out fun that way. Acid at great big grassy parks in the summer is the best!!! Last time I did that I spent the whole trip doing cart wheels, running around bare foot, lying down looking at clouds... just the whole point of nothing in particular to do made me enjoy existance in itself so much!

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
    #2418590 - 03/11/04 11:09 AM (13 years, 16 days ago)

So it seems that spontaneous trips may be a lot of fun.

But I am currently in a more philosophical mood, so I wonder, for trips with the goal of a deep psychological understanding, trips that are more exhausting for the mind, is more planning and preparation needed?

I guess before such a trip I may plan not only the place where it will occur, but I may also consider what questions I have, I may read some articles and books about what I want to find out. Is such a preparation of the mind useful?

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2419025 - 03/11/04 02:14 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

You can plan all you want but it is truely hard to follow your plans. And if you do try to follow your plans it becomes monotonous and annoying.

Pretty much all I feel I can plan is where I'm going to be when I trip, i.e., in the woods, at home, etc.

I think you'll have a lot better time if you just go with the flow.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2419111 - 03/11/04 02:40 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Its kind of a paradox but for me the deep spiritual and philosophical trips are the ones that are most spontaneous. You cant do anything by schedule or plans when you are tripping, spontaneous trips allows the relaxed mind to think about alls orts of things, in my experience.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2430839 - 03/14/04 11:50 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Planings the way to go. At least that way you have less of a chance of fucking you trip up, and a trip is a
horrible thing to watse.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2432262 - 03/14/04 08:42 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Always plan a trip so that you can get the most out of it. Also if you plan it then you have to wait for it. Then when the moment comes it is that much better.

Happy Tripping!!

I LOVE LUCY

--------------------

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
Re: So, Should We Plan Trips? [Re: vade]
    #2432285 - 03/14/04 08:49 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

yeah you really want to be of sound mind and body, like you don't want to be worrying about bills, while on an intense ride.

--------------------
Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience