Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Plea reached in death caused by mushrooms
    #2418015 - 03/11/04 05:10 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php...5-wy-digest.inc

Plea reached in death caused by mushrooms

GILLETTE - A Gillette man entered a conditional guilty plea to a charge that he delivered hallucinogenic mushrooms to a teen who subsequently died.

Timothy M. Jelle, 19, pleaded guilty to felony delivery of psilocybin mushrooms in Gillette's 6th District Court Monday, but the plea is conditional based upon an appeal to the Wyoming Supreme Court.

Defense attorney Nicholas Carter argued that Jelle's statements to police detectives should not be admissible in court because they were obtained unconstitutionally, and that officers did not read Jelle his Miranda rights during questioning.

But in a Feb. 23 decision written by District Judge Dan R. Price II, the statements made by Jelle were ruled voluntary and admissible in court.

Jelle's charge stemmed from delivering mushrooms to Michael Dimmick in January 2002, according to court documents. Dimmick, then 19, died one day after he ate the mushrooms.

http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/articles/2004/03/08/news/news6.txt

Man pleads guilty conditional upon appeal

A Gillette man entered a conditional guilty plea this morning to a charge that he delivered hallucinogenic mushrooms to a teen who subsequently died.

Timothy M. Jelle, 19, pleaded guilty to felony delivery of psilocybin mushrooms in Gillette's 6th District Court, but the plea is conditional based upon an appeal to the Wyoming Supreme Court, attorneys for both sides in the case said.

Defense attorney Nicholas Carter argued that Jelle's statements to police detectives should not be admissible in court because they were obtained unconstitutionally. Also, officers should have read Jelle his Miranda rights during the questioning, Carter argued.

But in a Feb. 23 decision written by District Judge Dan R. Price II, the statements made by Jelle were ruled voluntary and admissible in court. "Even though the defendant was not told his Miranda rights, he was told that he did not have to speak with them (police) and that he was not under arrest," Price wrote.

Jelle's charge stemmed from delivering psilocybin mushrooms to Michael Dimmick in January 2002, according to court documents. Dimmick, then 19, died one day after he ate the mushrooms.

He faces up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine during sentencing, which had not yet been scheduled.

Police launched an investigation on the day Dimmick died and identified Jelle as someone who had provided mushrooms to him earlier, according to court documents. Jelle was pulled over by detectives who were watching the home where he lived.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesnowspeed1
Psychonaut
Re: Plea reached in death caused by mushrooms [Re: Anno]
    #2418191 - 03/11/04 07:10 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

it doesnt say how the kid died. they imply that this guy caused his death, but they dont say it.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Plea reached in death caused by mushrooms [Re: snowspeed1]
    #2419208 - 03/11/04 03:09 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

sounds like the "dealer" picked wild shrooms and misidentified some. but like snowspeed said. who knows wtf?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Plea reached in death caused by mushrooms [Re: debianlinux]
    #2423822 - 03/12/04 02:03 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

People who eat shrooms do not day in one day after eating them. At least not if they are deadly posionous. I see no autopsy mentioned at all to determine the cause of death.

This is really stupid if a lawyer did not present documented evidence thattone does not die from eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. AS usual I am going to try to contact these authorities about this case to see what I can find out.

mj.

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Plea reached in death caused by mushrooms [Re: debianlinux]
    #2429692 - 03/14/04 12:25 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

sounds like the "dealer" picked wild shrooms and misidentified some. 

If he sold misidentified deadly mushrooms, he shouldn't have been charged with delivery of psilocybin.  :cool:

Quote:

pleaded guilty to felony delivery of psilocybin mushrooms 

I'm sure they threated him with manslaughter or some kinda murder charge to get him to plea to the felony delivery charge.

:smirk:

Edited by motaman (03/14/04 12:28 AM)

Offlinesnowspeed1
Psychonaut
Re: Plea reached in death caused by mushrooms [Re: motaman]
    #2430558 - 03/14/04 07:23 AM (13 years, 12 days ago)

It never says what he died from. it doesnt even really implicate shrooms, it decievingly leads you to that conclusion. no other info was known. was he sick? did he go to a hospital? did they find him beat down and bloody? maybe they dont even know how he died. just that he did. and it was convenient for them to prosecute the drug dealer. their conviction rate stays a percentage higher and they dont have to work any harder.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service