Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next > | Last >
OfflineBignate316
That guy
 User Gallery

Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: dmar]
    #25456419 - 09/13/18 01:57 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dmar said:
Disregard my question I just posted, I found the answer waayyy back in the previous comments. I do have another question though. I am going to do the full thing step by step this time as shown here, but I saw this item on the sponsor page, so I clicked on the site, and read the description, and it seems pretty legit. I was wondering if anyone has used it, or has any opinions on the setup. It seems pretty ideal as it maintains relative humidity, temp, and times the lighting. Obviously, if i purchased it, I would still monitor my cakes since you can't simply go based off relative humidity. But it seems alot more reliable and efficient to me than sticking my cakes in a box and hand misting them each day. Also they pre-make the jars PF TEK style (of course i'd still have to make them myself after the first grow.) Thoughts? Opinions? Recommendations?

https://mushroomcube.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fexpandable-twin-chamber-mushroom-growing-system

Being someone who thought a kit would be better, you're much better off buying it all and doing it yourself. You'll spend half that amount and have everything you need for several grows. Brf jars don't have to be pc'd, you can steam sterilize in lieu of that. Also those kits contain the wrong type of light and a lot of useless extras.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: dmar]
    #25456443 - 09/13/18 02:20 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dmar said:
Disregard my question I just posted, I found the answer waayyy back in the previous comments. I do have another question though. I am going to do the full thing step by step this time as shown here, but I saw this item on the sponsor page, so I clicked on the site, and read the description, and it seems pretty legit. I was wondering if anyone has used it, or has any opinions on the setup. It seems pretty ideal as it maintains relative humidity, temp, and times the lighting. Obviously, if i purchased it, I would still monitor my cakes since you can't simply go based off relative humidity. But it seems alot more reliable and efficient to me than sticking my cakes in a box and hand misting them each day. Also they pre-make the jars PF TEK style (of course i'd still have to make them myself after the first grow.) Thoughts? Opinions? Recommendations?

https://mushroomcube.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fexpandable-twin-chamber-mushroom-growing-system

Totally not required, all you need is a container (tote/coke bottle/lunchbox) something to retain moisture (verm/coir) and tin foil. Misting (if even required) takes like 20 seconds and everything needed regarding light comes from the sun. Unless your really high in the northern hemisphere I'd say you'll still be getting at least 12hrs daylight for the next month.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineSoSporing
Stranger

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Bumholio]
    #25457494 - 09/13/18 03:03 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I bookmarked this hella quick :stoned:

OfflineDwide Schrude
Stranger
Male

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Ziran]
    #25467533 - 09/17/18 05:43 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I've searched the forums and tried many different phrasings. Sorry to bother. I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm having trouble finding answers. Thank you in advance.

After your cakes have fruited and you've already harvested the fruits, do you redunk the cakes and roll in verm? I've read mixed opinions on this. If so, how long is the dunk?

Secondly, if the already harvested cake has numerous pins on it, should you leave them on for the dunk? Should you rub them off? Or, if it's got pins does it just not need a dunk? Thanks :smile:

--------------------
Learning every day!

OfflineCraboulas
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Dwide Schrude]
    #25473432 - 09/19/18 08:35 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Mist fruits right up until harvest?

Offlinesgross99
Hooch
Male
Loc: KY
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Craboulas]
    #25474641 - 09/20/18 09:34 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

How much does this process yield?

Invisibledmar
I'm a teapot

Loc: Earth, Milky Way, Virgo S...
What's next? [Re: Ziran]
    #25481434 - 09/22/18 08:13 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I've read a good bit of comments and threads that mention things about grain, agar, casing, etc. What do you guys recommend doing first after moving on from the PF TEK, and could anyone provide me with a link to another thread that has this info or instructions on another grow type? I'd like to do research on all of these things, but i'm not finding many threads with any detailed info. Thanks

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: What's next? [Re: dmar]
    #25481443 - 09/22/18 08:18 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

after individual cakes I went to brf>bulk. 4 cakes as spawn makes a good shoebox.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=25274461&page=0&vc=1#25274461

Before working with grains, you want to learn agar. Clean agar culture is the way to innoc grain jars.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21922023

Edited by LtLurker (09/22/18 08:19 PM)

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: sgross99]
    #25481860 - 09/23/18 12:04 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dwide Schrude said:
I've searched the forums and tried many different phrasings. Sorry to bother. I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm having trouble finding answers. Thank you in advance.

After your cakes have fruited and you've already harvested the fruits, do you redunk the cakes and roll in verm? I've read mixed opinions on this. If so, how long is the dunk?

Secondly, if the already harvested cake has numerous pins on it, should you leave them on for the dunk? Should you rub them off? Or, if it's got pins does it just not need a dunk? Thanks :smile:

I usually don't dunk again, I bottom water them instead.

Quote:

Craboulas said:
Mist fruits right up until harvest?

Yep.

Quote:

sgross99 said:
How much does this process yield?

Depends on how many cakes your rolling out. The average yield per cake is between 2 grams and 7 grams dried.

A few other factors to consider. The cake size and genetics your working with. Which most people will be working with MS genetics while doing cakes, so it can be pretty random. Also, how much water they have to work with and misting regiments. Sometimes you over mist and other times I see people not misting enough, which results in yields that are lacking for sure. And then there is, how clean is your cake. There could be something hidden riding along with the cake, and that can be detrimental to your yield, and even cause it to not produce much at all if trich sets in to soon.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Invisibledmar
I'm a teapot

Re: What's next? [Re: LtLurker]
    #25482747 - 09/23/18 12:42 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:
after individual cakes I went to brf>bulk. 4 cakes as spawn makes a good shoebox.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=25274461&page=0&vc=1#25274461

Before working with grains, you want to learn agar. Clean agar culture is the way to innoc grain jars.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21922023

Thanks, i'm gonna give that a read!

Invisibledmar
I'm a teapot

Re: What's next? [Re: LtLurker]
    #25483267 - 09/23/18 05:02 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

So I read through the shoebox link you posted, and just to be clear, you're saying instead of using grain like they used, you essentially just broke up the PF style cakes to use as spawn, and then put a substrate layer on top? Did you use verm for your substrate or something else? Also what was your yield like compared to if you'd done those same 4 cakes PF TEK style in a SGFC? Sorry for so many questions, I just want to make sure I have everything lined up in my head! :grin:

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
    #25483289 - 09/23/18 05:13 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I shred my cakes up with a cheese grater into the bottom of my tray/shoebox, then add prepped coir, mix it good, add a top layer to cover it good. then into the sgfc or mono the shoebox or tray goes

this thread has one example, although its a hybrid chamber, the principle will be the same.

sgfc mono hybrid

If you wanna go the mono or mini mono route its the same idea, just with a mono or mini mono, youll need more cakes but itll work the same.

Heres my mini mono thread. Ive done some pf cakes to coir in them many times. works well.

Get down on mini monos

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
    #25483298 - 09/23/18 05:17 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Individual cakes vary greatly, anywhere from 2-7g dry ea. A Good bulk shoebox with 4 cakes usually yields around an oz or more.

For bulk substrate use coir. Cakes are already 2/3rds verm, so when mixing cakes with coir you already got a good mix of CV.

The top layer is totally optional, I just like it. I like to put my filter verm from the cakes in the oven at 350 for 45minutes, then mix that with some coir to use as the top layer.

Here's the brf to bulk thread. Same deal just focused on the cakes instead of the fruiting chamber.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24945782/page/1

Invisibledmar
I'm a teapot

Re: What's next? [Re: Ziran]
    #25493904 - 09/27/18 09:04 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I need some trouble shooting... I made two different batches of jars. One with a puerto rican strain, and one with mazatapec. The maz jars have taken off nicely and all 10 are at about 50% colonization. The puerto jars had only 3/10 showing any mycelium after 15 days. I decided to crack the other 7 open to find that they were growing nothing. One of the puerto jars started growing a big patch within 10 days just like the maz jars, but now the maz are at 50%, and this one has just sat there stalling at about 10% and isn't growing anymore. The patch that did grow looks like it has consolidated, and thickened up quite a bit, but it's no longer expanding. The other 2 jars have just a tiny patch that has basically done the same thing where it just stopped and gave up. No discoloration or anything, but I think i might have made the puerto jars slightly under field capacity because I was trying to make sure I didn't go over. Does it sound like a problem of being under field capacity, or does it sound like a problem of weak genetics in my spores? Also noticed that my maz jars look super rhizomorphic and ropey, whereas the mycelium on the puerto jars looks very cottony.

Offlinemysticbreath
Stranger
 User Gallery

HELP! [Re: dmar]
    #25508501 - 10/03/18 10:32 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Hey all!

This guide is amazing, I'm a noob and managed to get 8 jars to almost ready to birth.

My dilemma is that i think they will be ready to birth it 1-2 days, however I have to fly out for a wedding and will be away from them for 6 days. Will they be ok to wait until I return before birthing/dunking/rolling?

PS. I used a single inoculation point in the middle of the jars, they took a while to colonise to this point, about 3ish weeks. Confused as the guide says if you use a single point they are almost ready to go when you see growth.

Advice please, I don't want my babies to suffer.

Invisibledmar
I'm a teapot

Re: HELP! [Re: mysticbreath]
    #25509909 - 10/03/18 07:46 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Popped open a couple of my jars today and found that the mycelium actually grew all the way through the dry verm layer on top. No contaminations though. My verm was dry... I did have a humidifier in the room, so maybe the water vapor in the air wet the verm and it wicked it's way in there... No humidifier next time :confused:

OfflineBignate316
That guy
 User Gallery

Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
Re: HELP! [Re: dmar]
    #25512923 - 10/04/18 10:10 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

My dilemma is that i think they will be ready to birth it 1-2 days, however I have to fly out for a wedding and will be away from them for 6 days. Will they be ok to wait until I return before birthing/dunking/rolling?

You will be fine. It's actually recommended to let them sit an extra week up to a month after they're fully colonized to allow them to consolidate.

Quote:

Popped open a couple of my jars today and found that the mycelium actually grew all the way through the dry verm layer on top. No contaminations though. My verm was dry... I did have a humidifier in the room, so maybe the water vapor in the air wet the verm and it wicked it's way in there... No humidifier next time :confused:

That's perfectly normal. Every one of my cakes had myc growth up into the verm layer, I even had a few pins in there. Humidifier or not it shouldn't make a difference and if possible contams worry you put some micropore tape over the inoculation holes.

Cheers happy growing :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
Re: HELP! [Re: Bignate316]
    #25532672 - 10/12/18 06:01 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Added in mateah's humidity chamber tek, as it is an accepted style of fruiting chamber for PF-tek Cakes

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

OfflinePrimeNumber
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: Ziran]
    #25559091 - 10/22/18 10:49 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Is using too much spore a problem?

I used 2 cc per jar, which I got from the Psilocybin Mushroom Bible.  (I've since realized that book isn't, um... not that great.  I'm also very curious how they landed that book deal, but whatever.)

The mycelium seemed to do just fine but they are taking forever to pin in the SGFC.

If I understand correctly, you really don't need more than a drop per hole, right?  Is there any benefit to using less, or does it just save money on spores?

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Updated PF Tek Guide [Re: PrimeNumber]
    #25559154 - 10/22/18 11:22 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PrimeNumber said:
Is using too much spore a problem?

I used 2 cc per jar, which I got from the Psilocybin Mushroom Bible.  (I've since realized that book isn't, um... not that great.  I'm also very curious how they landed that book deal, but whatever.)

The mycelium seemed to do just fine but they are taking forever to pin in the SGFC.

If I understand correctly, you really don't need more than a drop per hole, right?  Is there any benefit to using less, or does it just save money on spores?

Less MS solution is better. It due to the fact that usually spore syringes aren't very clean.

But hey, if it colonizes fine your good man. fruits are fruits.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation