Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinetriptOuT913
peyote compared to shrooms?
    #2417806 - 03/11/04 03:54 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, Ive tripped several times on mushrooms and had great experiences everytime. Only one time did I almost completely lose it...And that was when I started tripping and the one person I thought would be there the whole night ended up leaving to go to his girls house. So I ended up starting watching Alice in Wonderland and smoking a joint with him. Next thing I know Im laying back on the couch watching Alice eat these candies that say "eat me" on them and he's leaving the house saying "don't jump off the balcony". So I spent my night telling myself I just took shrooms and it will wear off soon...I walked out to the balcony many times to smoke a cigarrette but I kept hearing him in the back of my head saying "dont jump off the balcony man" so I couldnt bring myself to go out there. But I ended up watching several movies and the trip lasted from about 730pm to 230am. Which was the longest trip Ive ever had, and it had to be with nobody there to experience it with which is what sucked.

But anyways, my original question was how would you guys compare peyote to the effects of mushshrooms? Ive been interested for awhile in trying them and would like to get some tips from experienced users before hand since nobody I know has ever tried them.

And I give a thank you for anybody who replies before hand and I will be back with some trip reports in the next week or so. Im reading some of the ones on here and think Ive got a couple funny stories to tell of mine....Damn, its amazing that I can remember just about everything thats happened in all of my trips. Ok, thats it for now. Ill be looking forward to a response.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: peyote compared to shrooms? [Re: triptOuT913]
    #2417816 - 03/11/04 03:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Mescaline is quite different, although similarly twisted.

lol how's that? the differences are difficult to articulate, since the effects of both substances are difficult to articulate to begin with, so comparisons prove tough

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2417820 - 03/11/04 03:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well... they are similar in the fact that they are both very different than "reality". I've found peyote and san pedro to be much longer, much "smoother", mentally, much less of a body "buzz" (once you get over the initial naseau)... the visuals seemed to be more naturally integrated with my normal vision, not random things juxtaposed upon reality as I often see with mushrooms, but much more reality melting a bit. I found myself to be much more chilled out on peyote than on mushrooms, I didn't have the desire to do the long walks that I normally take while shrooming. I'd recommend a beach in the summertime, tripping during the day and camping on the beach at night. Also I found it much harder to go to sleep after the peyote than mushrooms ever caused. Hope this helps, but I'm sure it is a very subjective experience.

--------------------

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #2418371 - 03/11/04 09:12 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

peyote has chemicals that cause deleriant effect similar to datura during the first few hours of the trip, which is why sacramentaly popular or not, i stick with panchio, its a happy cactus, good for a trip, if im looking for another realm ill do peyote again.

Offlinemonolith4
Stranger

Re: peyote compared to shrooms? [Re: LCid]
    #2418410 - 03/11/04 09:41 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've only tried San Pedro cactus.
It was not what i expected.I was told it would be a dreamy trip and very relaxed...not the case...I ate quite a lot of the fresh cactus, and felt sick all night.I thought I noticed slight visual changes but
not much, I felt like i had taken a very strong stimulant and I couldn't stop literally gritting my teeth shut.I couldn't really think straight either, just random nonsense rushing through my head.
This lasted about 14 hours and was very unpleasant.
I haven't done any stimulants, but im guessing it could be compared to speed or exstacy.

Offlinemonolith4
Stranger

Re: peyote compared to shrooms? [Re: monolith4]
    #2418420 - 03/11/04 09:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Oh, i just wanted to know also why people usually boil their San Pedro for hours before ingestion? Could this be to prevent nausea?
maybe it converts some of the nastier chemicals?

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: peyote compared to shrooms? [Re: monolith4]
    #2420147 - 03/11/04 07:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i boil and strain 3 times, half hour on the heater

never felt any nausea

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2422724 - 03/12/04 07:30 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't feel nausea from the drug itself, I don't think, but only from the absolutely disgusting taste.... I tried once letting the clippings simmer in almost boiling marinara sauce, and tried to swallow it mouthful by mouthful. I cannot eat marinara sauce anymore, because every time I try to I get reminded of this taste (it was over 6 months ago, mind you). Another time I tried chopping it to a fine powder and mixing it with applesauce, and chugging it down as fast as possible. This was better than the pasta sauce but still horrible. I think the best bet would be powdering it up and putting it into gellcaps... sure you might have to eat a lot of gellcaps, but its easier than eating this nasty tasting stuff... I think its just the nasty taste that causes the nausea, however, although I have read reports by Leary that mescaline itself can cause nausea.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience