Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
Best bang for my buck
    #2416635 - 03/10/04 07:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

what do you think would be get me the most for my dollar?
I'm thinking the B+ strain... good strain or no?

do some strains grow faster than others? (if so, which ones?)

also, are some easier to grow than others? (like, less particular about lighting/humidity/temperature, etc.)

i'm going to buy 3 syringes and i was wondering if i should just get all B+ or are there some others that are good that i should try out?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

p.s. i drifted in from overgrow.com, i've been a member there for a while, and i like this board. not full of assholes (not that overgrow is, but has its share...)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Loc: oHIo
Re: Best bang for my buck [Re: wds]
    #2416651 - 03/10/04 07:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

B+ is a good strain. Nice fat fruits that fruit easily. Other ones I would consider are Equadorian, Thai Lipa Yai, and the Thai Koh Sumai strains. The thai strains are said to be faster colonizing. Make sure you buy from a shroomery sponsor too. Sporesource and Ralph are both great and have specials for shroomery members.

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Best bang for my buck [Re: buckeye]
    #2416714 - 03/10/04 08:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't get more than two of any given strain. If you're having any success at all, you'll have plenty of spores to preserve that strain...I don't know if I'd jump right at the SE Asian strains --they can be finnicky. I just grew some lipa yai's and they didn't do squat compared to the mazatapec's grown right next to them under the same conditions.

--------------------

Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
Re: Best bang for my buck [Re: mockeylock]
    #2416960 - 03/10/04 09:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Lipa yai was my friends first strain. No contams and had decent results.

Offlinemg420
journeyman
    #2417022 - 03/10/04 09:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you are going to buy three syringes, don't waste your money buying two of the same strain. it takes a half cc of spores to make a pint of liquid culture, and it takes a cc or two of liquid to make another pint of liquid culture.

Offlinewds
another brick

#2417122 - 03/10/04 10:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

is it hard to make syringes? i thought it might be economical to just buy 'em since they're not very expensive...

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Offlinewds
another brick

#2417154 - 03/10/04 10:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

B+
Equadorian
Mazatapec

Good line up?

btw, what is the "ralph" price for board members?

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
    #2417178 - 03/10/04 10:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

same price u just get a free syringe... i forget what strain it is this month, just check it out in the sponsors forum.

For a noob i would recommend buying syringes and then after your grow take prints. You will then have plenty of spores for yourself and a nice amount to send to the FSRC.

Offlinewds
another brick

#2417184 - 03/10/04 10:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

fsrc?

so for every syringe i buy, i get a free one? or just one free one per purchase?

--------------------

Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
    #2417195 - 03/10/04 10:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Free Spore Ring Canada...You send them a buck and you get a print. Members donate prints to help out other users get a variety of strains to look at with your microscope. To keep it running, it is nice to donate a few after your grow.

Free syringe with order. SO it's like 2 syringes for 15 bucks.

Offlinewds
another brick

#2417222 - 03/10/04 10:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hmm...

$19.50 for 3 syringes from alternativeexotics.com

-OR-

$15 for 2 syringes from ralphstersspores.com

alright, i guess i'll go with ralph.

B+ and what else, Equadorian or Mazatapec?

--------------------

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: wds]
    #2417274 - 03/10/04 11:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Best bang for my buck [Re: OldSpice]
    #2417302 - 03/10/04 11:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

if you are going to buy some syringes definitely go with ralphster, his syringes are nice and dark and he has great customer service. as far as strains go EQ is definitely a good choice, and any THAI strain is also good.you shouldn't have a problem with either.

Offlinewds
another brick

#2417314 - 03/10/04 11:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

do all shrooms have the capability to reach a certain "big ass" size if given enough time before picking it?

--------------------

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
    #2417335 - 03/10/04 11:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

most cubes are pre-determined because of genetics, if you want large ( big- ass ) cubes you want to go with orissa - india. they will grow extremely large given the right conditions.

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: wds]
    #2417336 - 03/10/04 11:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinewds
another brick

Re: Best bang for my buck [Re: OldSpice]
    #2417345 - 03/10/04 11:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

so you can't get results from "synthetic" substrate? from pictures on websites, they look pretty big...

--------------------

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #2418161 - 03/11/04 04:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Synthetic?"  The point is PF cakes just won't grow as big as the monsters you see on straw/dung bulk grows.  But learn PF cakes first, especially since you're having to pay for your spores. 

B+ and EQ from ralphters would be good choices.  AFOAF has grown 3 strains since he started, B+, cambodian, and Transkei.

The Transkei sucked, low yield and low potency, they were a waste of time.

The B+ were the best overall, colonized about average, but good potency and fantastic yield.

The cambo had the fastest colonization time of the them all and seems to have slightly higher potency than the B+.  However, on PF cakes the cambo yielded almost the same but slightly lower than the B+.  But on corn cased the jiffy mix, the cambos were a waste of time the yields were so low, and this is when grown side by side the same way as the B+, which did well under the same conditions. 

Because of it's faster colonization time, afoaf is hoping cambo will be good for bulk, but for simple casings or PF tek afoaf would definitely recommend b+.  :smile:

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlinewds
another brick

Re: Best bang for my buck [Re: Tantalus]
    #2436146 - 03/15/04 06:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

synthetic (cakes), as in, created.(cow shit would be non-synthetic... IMO)

so how do i let raplhy know i'm a forum member? put it on the order form? and do i select both strains i want, and then he'll understand that one of them is the "freebie"?

--------------------

Offlinebuckeye
enthusiast
    #2436334 - 03/15/04 06:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yep

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order