Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewindex
old hand
Thinking about getting one of these....
    #2417051 - 03/11/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.galleryofguns.com/gunLocator/gunsearch/showimage.asp?img=J92FA20.jpg

One of my buddies took me shooting the other day, and found it to be a great stress reliever. Now I'm wanting to get a Beretta 92/96FS. I have yet to decide between the 92 or 96 (9mm and .40 respectively) but have defiantly decided on the Vertec Inox (stainless with black safeties, hammer, and grips).

Its a slightly large gun, but due to the way my hands are force me to shoot left handed. I also have to hold the gun a bit differently, but smaller guns don't work out. The slide hits me almost everytime. Due to the above the lower caliber will result in lower recoil, making me lean toward the 9mm. At the same time if i ever do NEED it id like the stopping power of the larger rounds.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the 9mm since (with any luck) 100% of its use is just on the range. The guns i fired the other day were .45, one large (>8"barrel) and a compact (~5"barrel) both were relatively easy to handle when firring (except for the slide incident) we even fired a few rounds of hollow points, they were /almost/ too much, felt like it was going to keep flying our of my hand. Well that decides it, I'm gonna get the 9mm.

I also plan on gettin a CCW, but don't plan on carring. I'd just like to get one incase they ever take away the ability to get a CCW here. Should get grandfathered in...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Thinking about getting one of these.... [Re: windex]
    #2417060 - 03/11/04 12:07 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

buy some pot instead

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Anonymous

Re: Thinking about getting one of these.... [Re: barfightlard]
    #2417509 - 03/11/04 02:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

^^ i second the motion... ^^

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2417788 - 03/11/04 03:50 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't understand the need for a gun unless you use it to hunt... and even then, I think it would be much more exciting to try to use your wits (IE set a trap in the woods or something) to catch a deer than it would be to shoot them from far away with a high-powered rifle with laser scope. what's the fricking challenge in that?

--------------------

Offlinewindowlicker42
Re: Thinking about getting one of these.... [Re: Krishna]
    #2417892 - 03/11/04 04:20 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
I don't understand the need for a gun unless you use it to hunt... and even then, I think it would be much more exciting to try to use your wits (IE set a trap in the woods or something) to catch a deer than it would be to shoot them from far away with a high-powered rifle with laser scope. what's the fricking challenge in that?

ill try to explain this as best as i can;

you wake up and realize that there is an intruder in your home.

scenario A: you have a gun and you shoot the motherfucker in the kneecap.

scenario B: you do not have a gun so you call the cops and wait for some out of shape overweight cop to come shoot the fuck.

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Thinking about getting one of these.... [Re: windowlicker42]
    #2418552 - 03/11/04 10:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I thought I was very clear in my reason for wanting to get one, i found xthe act of going to the range and shooting targets to be relaxing in itself.

Some of you anti-gun zaelots might not understand this but some people are not just plain fucking insane and wantint to shoot anything and everything that moves. Someone suggested hunting, whats the difference between taking the life from a living human or an animal, your depriving both of their life. Why does everyone always have to automaticly think you have to shoot something that is living with a gun? I hope and (well would if i belived in this sorta thing) pray that all i ever /have/ to shoot is paper targets, i dont want to take the life from anything, unless its mine is on the line as well. Its my opinion that if someone is indeed trying to take /your/ life from you, you can defend yourself to the most extreme levels, if that requires you to take the life of the person attempting to take yours then so be it.

Quote:

One of my buddies took me shooting the other day, and found it to be a great stress reliever.

The protection (and i hope is never needed) is just the added bonus.

Edited by windex (03/11/04 11:06 AM)

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2418565 - 03/11/04 11:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What if you are really depressed and drunk one night and you see your gun and go hmmm... my friend was depressed and drunk one night, saw a hook on the roof and a rope and went "hmmm", next thing that happens is me and my friend cut him down... crazy shit.  Its dangerous to own stuff like that.  For protection I would go for a taser or something, I would never electrecute myself if I was drunk and depressed!!!

Working out is the best mental and physical stress reliever for me, it works :smirk:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Thinking about getting one of these.... [Re: filthysock]
    #2418595 - 03/11/04 11:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah i guess your right, I needed to make a play area for my bird so i better hold off on gettting the rope i had planed on hanging his toys with. Better not have any knives in sight either.... oh yeah, better add screw drivers, punches, and anything else that could be used to stab. Your logic just dosnt work...

How do you know you wouldnt grab the taser and electricute yourself? Your drunk and depressed? Oh yeah! the same why i know i wouldnt grab the gun and shoot /myself/.

Im really suprised by all the anti-gun folk here on such a liberal site.

Edited by windex (03/11/04 11:12 AM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Thinking about getting one of these.... [Re: windowlicker42]
    #2418616 - 03/11/04 11:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

windowlicker42 said:
Quote:

Krishna said:

ill try to explain this as best as i can;

you wake up and realize that there is an intruder in your home.

scenario A: you have a gun and you shoot the motherfucker in the kneecap.

scenario B: you do not have a gun so you call the cops and wait for some out of shape overweight cop to come shoot the fuck.

Do you have statistics for how often a gun kept in the home actually helps protect the person being attacked, as compared to how often they accidently shoot a loved one, themselves, or the attacker gets ahold of the gun and uses it? I'm too lazy to search the net to find the numbers, but from what I recall reading in numerous studies, guns in the home are far more likely to blow the head off your young child or girlfriend than they are to serve you any good. Ever heard of a lock, a security system, a rottweiler, a taser, having 911 on speeddial... all of these measures don't run the risk of killing you or someone you love. And who wants to kill people anyway, even if they have committed a crime against you?! Didn't I read somewhere "thou shalt not judge... thou shalt not kill" ?

--------------------

OfflineGreyStreet
reborn thinker
Loc: Alpha Centuri
    #2418629 - 03/11/04 11:23 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Cool.

A few of my buddies and I always go up on the mountain and unload all of our frustrations through the barrel of a gun. I know exactly where you are coming from.

There is an uplifting/mind clearing effect that firing a gun has.

As far as anti-gun folk go, I promise not to step on your toes so do not step on mine. You could sit here and argue all day long that guns kill people. Just like I could say that they save peoples lives also.

I own a .357 magnum, 9mm bereta, a couple colt revolver .22s, and two semi auto .45s. I also own quite a few rifles.

My favorite rifle is my SKS.

Peace

--------------------
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Gandhi

GreyStreet is a fake character who posts fake information on an internet message board.
-Nothing More-

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Thinking about getting one of these.... [Re: GreyStreet]
    #2418721 - 03/11/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

> own a .357 magnum, 9mm bereta

Since im planning to get the 9mm beretta how do you like it?

Invisibleshriek

#2418749 - 03/11/04 12:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i dont like guns much , they makes me sad
but i dont care about gun lovin americans either, but i did get shocked when i watched bowlin for columbine

Offlinezoso507
Burned Down
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2418754 - 03/11/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thats a Nice 9.mm those pack a nice punch to em too. Ive been thinking about getting 1 myself maybe a desert eagle, but i just dont have that kind of money.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2419059 - 03/11/04 02:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well I'm anti-gun by nature, but to be honest I understand you about the reieving stress thing, it probably does relieve stress and I guess its fun trying to aim right and all of that, I dont know, I've never tried... but all I can say is, have fun and good luck and be safe :tongue:  :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: Thinking about getting one of these.... [Re: filthysock]
    #2420442 - 03/11/04 08:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Kool,  I say get one....

:smile: :gd_icon:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

OfflineSporeX
Criminal
Male

Loc: Dark side of the shroom
    #2422076 - 03/12/04 04:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

guns are a lot of fun. It's not fun to people, because they don't know how to shoot it efficiently. if people would take a deep breath, exhale and pull the trigger with the pumpkin on a fence method then they would have a lot more fun.

--------------------
Behold on the horizon a pale horse, and behind it hell followed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub