Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepuggymalone
just looking forlove

Misting Reishi
    #2416459 - 03/10/04 08:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I ordered a reishi patch from fungi perfect, and there are 8 conks growing. The instructions said to spray (water) the mushrooms twice daily. So I have been spraying them (with the sprayer on mist setting) twice a day. Little water droplets have collected on them, so after a day or so, I took a clean paper towel and dapped the water drops off. Now where the water drops were, there are little indentations left over?? Should I not allow the water to contact the conks? Should I find an orchid mister, or a better way to vaporize the water so it does not collect on them?
Any help/experiences on this would be greatly appriciated:)
-puggy

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Misting Reishi [Re: puggymalone]
    #2419603 - 03/11/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would just let the sprinkler run on it for a couple hours when you want to induce fruiting.

OfflineCaptainFuture
Finally being here now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Misting Reishi [Re: puggymalone]
    #2439920 - 03/16/04 05:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The problem I've got with the Reishis is that these droplets on the culture surface sometimes brings Trichoderma in. The mycelia (which turn yellow-brownish after some time) turns black, is wet and then infected.

But its not a big problem that the primordias got this indentations. Better don't touch them and the will grow in a normal way. But take care of water collecting at the surface valleys. This brings the above discribed mold. (in my case)
More difficult will be the fact that they need lots of O2 to form normal fruitbodies. Otherwise they grow these antlers.

But keep on misting they need lots of moisture!

Good Luck,
Cap

--------------------
May LOVE guide your way.

Link Collection to my successful grows so far

Invisiblepuggymalone
just looking forlove

Re: Misting Reishi [Re: CaptainFuture]
    #2440537 - 03/16/04 08:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well, I have been communicating with FP and we found out that the water I was using still had chlorine in it!! I was using tap city water that I filtered through a PUR water filter that removes over 95% of the chlorine, but was leaving enough that the little conks where responding negatively. I changed to spring water and the pitting effect disapeared, and they are growing quite fast now:)
-puggy

OfflineAndrew47
Servant of allLife
Male

Re: Misting Reishi [Re: CaptainFuture]
    #8178062 - 03/22/08 12:43 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry for resurrecting this old post, but ...

I believe I have this pitting that CaptainFuture mentions on parts of my Reishi. I have beautiful 3" tall antlers but some of the pins (or aerial mycelium? it is still white) have a coral like appearance from the very high humidity forming droplets. Many of the pits are dark inside, but it is a dark brown, not black. I tried gently rubbing the pits with a dry Q-tip. If I am enthusiastic I can get a *little* bit of brown to rub off onto the Q-tip but it doesn't come off like I have experienced contaminations in the past.

I was out of town for a week and came back to a Reishi forest! I cut the top off a 6.5lb spawn bag and have ~15 antlers growing. I will post the pictures I took today when I find the USB cable :laugh:

Hopefully someone here has experienced this growth and can let me know if I should go ahead and harvest now or if it is safe to let them grow further. As it is, I will be out of town again until Monday. How large should I wait for antlers to grow before harvest?

Thanks for the help! :laugh: And thanks Jeremy for the reference, George knows my voice now I think  :lmao:

--------------------
It's easy! Send your clean prints to www.fsrcanada.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms