Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Alt-Centrism: A Political Philosophy Whose Time Has Come * 2
    #24163442 - 03/15/17 02:19 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

I wrote this out of some exasperation. It's also a warning to Americans: if you get rid of the two-party state and have a third or fourth option, those options will also be shit. The only thing we can do is shitcan it all and tune ourselves into a sane paradigm.

The cozy political paradigm that most of us went into 2016 with has now been completely shattered. Way back then, there was still some vague kind of belief that it was possible to strike a meaningful compromise between the various political actors on the world stage.

Now, everyone to the left of Adolf Hitler is screaming “Nazi!” at everyone to the right of Bernie Sanders, and those people are screaming “Cuck!” right back.

This means that most people are both Nazis and cucks, depending on the degree of political fanaticism of whoever is screaming at them at any given time and to which pole that person happens to have gravitated towards.

It’s an ugly scene all round.

Simply speaking, the left is a reaction to the right. The right are the same people who naturally have all the power (namely, the orderly) and the left is a reaction to this. In particular, it is a recognition by the disorderly that they have to impose some order upon themselves or lose ground in the political battlefield.

The centre is a reaction to both the left and the right. More precisely, it is a reaction to the constant fighting that once characterised the two-party (or two-pole) system. It’s an attempt to put peacefulness above all.

The alt-right is similar. The alt-right is a reaction to the left being shit and then a counter-reaction to the right being also shit. The alt-right cannot be understood unless it is seen as a double rejection, of both the left and the right.

The alt-centre, therefore, is a rejection of all of the left and the right and the centre, not to mention the alt-right and – in anticipation of it ever standing up – the alt-left: in other words, it’s a rejection of the entire political system.

This triple rejection of tired old political dogmas makes alt-centrism the real alternative way of political movements. It finally provides a solution to the balance fallacy when applied to politics.

The balance fallacy in politics occurs when a person or voting bloc decides that some kind of vague middle ground between the demands of capital (right wing) and the demands of labour (left wing) is necessarily the best compromise solution.

Note that pointing out this fallacious reasoning here does not mean that one is saying that a balance is bad in and of itself, or that either of the two extremes of left and right would be better in charge.

That is a false trilemma, which is what you get if you see through the false dilemma posed with left and right.

All three positions – pro-capital, pro-labour, and pro-compromise – are all terrible positions because they are all necessarily pro-political system. They are all positions within the broader paradigm of legitimising the use of the political system as a mechanism by which one can exploit one’s class enemies.

The reason why it is impossible to simply strike a balance is that the two wings of the political system co-operate to take power incrementally away from the populace under the pretense of striking a balance. This works in the same way that a cartel works – the members of the cartel agree to offer an equally bad deal to different groups of people.

The way forward will be the way promoted by neophyte political movements like Not A Party. This rag-tag bunch of New Zealanders, led by whoever a random number generator says is the leader on any given day, run in elections with the specific intent of losing.

They then claim the people who have not voted are their supporters, which gives them the largest number of seats in the Not A Parliament. Control of Not A Parliament allows them to not pass any laws, which makes them not responsible for things like cannabis prohibition, which costs New Zealand $400,000,000 per year.

The delusion that all questions of human suffering must be solved first and foremost through the political system is one that has to be rejected if we are actually to make any progress on those questions.

Because there are very, very, very few politicians who could rightly claim that their actions as a politician resulted in a net win for the human survival project.

Original here.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Alt-Centrism: A Political Philosophy Whose Time Has Come [Re: viktor]
    #24163463 - 03/15/17 02:33 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Interesting.
I like your escape from the systems attack on eutopian theme.

However the balance that you seek is subjective and both sides of the system you talk about would purport to have that goal.

If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism from a total ameture... by adding in the part about the marijuana laws you sort of give the piece a different tilt... what if the decision of the people was not not:confused: to keep prohibition ?

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: Alt-Centrism: A Political Philosophy Whose Time Has Come [Re: pineninja]
    #24166136 - 03/16/17 05:39 AM (7 years, 14 days ago)

I personally don't believe that any group of people would, of their own free will, choose to put cannabis users in cages unless they had been lied to by vested interests about the dangers of the drug.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Alt-Centrism: A Political Philosophy Whose Time Has Come [Re: viktor] * 1
    #24167022 - 03/16/17 01:07 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

just sit back and observe, and point out the flaws, constructively, in each sides argument = prescription for sanity.

in otherwords, moderate.

InvisibletHEfLY
Stranger
Re: Alt-Centrism: A Political Philosophy Whose Time Has Come [Re: akira_akuma]
    #24167654 - 03/16/17 04:38 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

The existence of competing political factions indicates to me a state of chaos that has always been part of the nature of democratic societies, since the left / right dichotomy didn't exist until the unity and cohesion previously maintained by the monarchies was broken up and power was divided between various interest groups and their representatives. The most power hungry and well financed members of a society will always dominate in a democratic environment, a problem which was avoided by hereditary succession. These changes couldn't have happened though, if the spiritual and moral authority of the church hadn't already been in decline, so I think the problems we face are outside the realm of politics, not just metapolitical, but metaphysical, and spiritual. I like the idea of transcending politics because honestly I think we are iving through the Age of Iron / Kali Yuga, and modern politics are a waste of time. When people are corrupt any system we try to produce will also be corrupt.

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: Alt-Centrism: A Political Philosophy Whose Time Has Come [Re: tHEfLY]
    #24167944 - 03/16/17 06:48 PM (7 years, 13 days ago)

Yes, I agree. "Our great war is a spiritual war" - probably even truer now than when it was spoken.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #24168104 - 03/16/17 07:44 PM (7 years, 13 days ago)

Chaos Vult!

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24175127 - 03/19/17 02:51 PM (7 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

The alt-centre, therefore, is a rejection of all of the left and the right and the centre, not to mention the alt-right and – in anticipation of it ever standing up – the alt-left: in other words, it’s a rejection of the entire political system.

What alt-centre? what alt-left? The thing is, you mention all these movements which you seem to be sure do or soon will exist, while I don't agree. I don't think there is a reason for anyone to go alt-left or alt-center. The alt-right exists partially, if not wholly, as a juvenile rebellion against the will of the parents, and if the parents believe in equality, well then naziism, motherfucker. This is no different from the satanic rock music of the 80s or the satanic DnD scare of the 90s. It's just that the modern rebellion takes the form of undiluted hatred and racism, since that's the best way to pop out a monocle or two, and that's all kids care about. Also. religion is less important to the general public nowadays, so it's not satanic hatred.

Quote:

All three positions – pro-capital, pro-labour, and pro-compromise – are all terrible positions because they are all necessarily pro-political system. They are all positions within the broader paradigm of legitimising the use of the political system as a mechanism by which one can exploit one’s class enemies.

This is a common theme lately, with politics, education, water, etc. Pick your favorite issue, I'm sure you'll agree that the system is "broken" and "corrupt" and "not the truth" and whatever. Well, yeah. At least there *is* a system to begin with. Most obvious example would be the DoE here in the US. Our educational system is a joke, we are behind the whole developed world in terms of education. The Right response appears to be to scrap the whole thing, which sounds great, until you realize that the only people *behind* the US in education quality are the ones that...don't have a centralized educational system in place. Ya know, exactly where we'd be if we scrapped the DoE.

This seems to be an anti-politics post, saying that politicians are the enemy. Well, guess what: Democracy is the worst goddamn system of government that we've ever tried except for all the other ones. The solution to a broken system should not be to dynamite the whole thing and start over, people spent a lot of blood, sweat, and tears building some sort of foundation to work up from. Respect their efforts, and see if this is a system that can still be fixed. No need to junk the car over a flat tire. I believe that we have a very strong foundation, but we just can't decide what to build on it. We don't need to bomb everything back into rubble to advance.

Overall, I notice that you are great at pointing out flaws in the system, but have no alternative in place short of let's go back to the stone age. Don't worry, I'm great at that too. Look at this whole post, I've shat all over your ideas, without coming up with my own alternative.

My point is that an alternative plan is hard to make. There are a near infinite factors to consider, and that's not even counting the things that are not now factors but will be in 50 years. (you think anyone planned house blueprints for wifi coverage 200 years ago?) My point is that I can;t think of a better system off the top of my head, so I'm gonna try to make it work. At the same time, I'll try to come up with something new.

Edited by Kryptos (03/19/17 02:52 PM)

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: Alt-Centrism: A Political Philosophy Whose Time Has Come [Re: Kryptos]
    #24176518 - 03/20/17 12:02 AM (7 years, 10 days ago)

Good post. :raisemyglass:

--------------------

Invisibleelax420
Anal Destroyer
 User Gallery

#24177176 - 03/20/17 09:26 AM (7 years, 10 days ago)

I smell ancapistan

You realize "alt-centrism" is just a troll right?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom