Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

"Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)"
    #24161144 - 03/14/17 09:37 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/03/12/jeff-sessions-just-spoke-candidly-about-marijuana.aspx

Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)

"Seemingly nothing can stop the momentum behind marijuana lately. As of the end of 2016, 28 states had legalized medical cannabis, and residents in eight states had authorized the sale of recreational, adult-use pot. By comparison, prior to 2012 there were no recreationally legal states, and prior to 1996, not a single state authorized physicians to prescribe marijuana for medicinal purposes.

The public's opinion of cannabis has also changed just as rapidly. Gallup's polling shows that just 25% of respondents approved of the idea of legalizing weed nationally in 1995, compared to 60% in 2016, an all-time high. Data from a more recent survey from the independent Quinnipiac University showed 59% support for nationwide legalization, as opposed to 36% opposition, and a remarkably high 93% approval for the legalization of medical marijuana, compared to just 6% opposition.

Long story short, the American public wants to see marijuana's expansion continue in an orderly fashion at the state level, or in some cases have the federal government completely decriminalize and reschedule the substance.

Jeff Sessions' candid views on marijuana
However, with Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the helm, you can rest assured that marijuana's march over the next four years is going to be an uphill struggle.

While in the Senate, Sessions was regarded as perhaps the most ardent opponent of marijuana. During a drug hearing last April, Sessions was quoted as saying "good people don't smoke marijuana," to aptly sum up his views on the substance. Sessions also blamed higher marijuana-related traffic fatalities as a reason not to support pot, and pointed to the lax policies of the Obama administration for creating these problems.

A little over a week ago, Sessions was at it again, speaking before the National Association of Attorney's General. While you can watch the two-minute video of Sessions speaking to his peers, here are some of the keynotes of his talk:

"My view is that crime does follow drugs. In the 70s and 80s, we saw so many lives destroyed by drug abuse. And I think the drugs today are more powerful, they're more addictive, and they can destroy even more lives. Young people had their lives destroyed. I, as you know, am dubious about marijuana -- as states can pass whatever laws they choose. But, I'm not sure we're going to be a better, healthier nation if we have marijuana being sold at every corner grocery store. I just don't think that's going to be good for us. We'll have to work our way through that.

Marijuana is a cure for opiate abuse? Give me a break! This is the kind of argument that's been made out there to just -- almost a desperate attempt to defend the harmlessness of marijuana of even its benefits. I doubt that's true. Maybe science will prove I'm wrong. But at this point in time you and I have a responsibility to use our best judgment, that which we've learned over a period of years, and speak truth as best we can. My best view is that we don't need to be legalizing marijuana."

And there you have it folks -- Attorney General Jeff Sessions remains no fan of the cannabis industry or its expansion.

One thing Sessions may be wrong about
However, he may also be ignoring some telltale data that suggests marijuana is indeed making inroads in reducing deaths related to opioid overdoses.

A trio of authors in October 2014 published a report online in JAMA Internal Medicine that examined the rate of opioid overdose deaths between 1999 and 2010 in all 50 states. The point being to see whether or not opioid overdose death rates declined in states that had legalized medical cannabis. After adjusting for age and other factors, states with medical cannabis laws had a roughly 25% lower mean annual opioid overdose mortality rate than states without a medical marijuana law. What's more, the longer medical cannabis was legal, the stronger the impact on reducing opioid overdose deaths.

OP notes: Way before he was nominated, i fucking dreaded this guy and really hoped the dems would try to stop him, and they did try.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehowsyournaggerdoin
Happy

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #24161160 - 03/14/17 09:42 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Why wasnt this clown impeached yet ? He lied under oath

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Fractal420] * 3
    #24161225 - 03/14/17 10:11 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

He's a redneck shithead with an education, the most dangerous type.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Le_Canard] * 1
    #24161239 - 03/14/17 10:17 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Thanks a lot trump homo love cult

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Morel Guy] * 4
    #24161425 - 03/14/17 11:42 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

It's all about jobs and states rights until there are assets to be seized.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Kizzle]
    #24161437 - 03/14/17 11:47 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

It's not there place to guard the relationship that is live between people and nature.  That is why there is a drug problem.  They, their future generations and policies are entirel devoid of wisdom.

--------------------

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24162161 - 03/14/17 04:27 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

its far too late for them to stop this. the cat is out of the bag.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #24162423 - 03/14/17 05:58 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

They're gonna try their damnedest to  stop it though, and that's not going to be pretty.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Dark_Star]
    #24162491 - 03/14/17 06:24 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
They're gonna try their damnedest to  stop it though, and that's not going to be pretty.

If you get slapped with a felony, you always got the second amendment to fix that.

OfflineXingu
Stranger
Loc: NC
Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Kryptos]
    #24164293 - 03/15/17 01:11 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

What a beta cuck.

People making blanket statements extrapolating the problems of drugs of abuse out to any and all psychoactive substances are amazingly dumb. It's really sad to see people in positions of leadership without the ability to distinguish between the integral effects of different types of drugs on a society. It's representative of someone with a level of ignorance to the issue that has zero business being involved in any level of legislative power.

I'd really love, one day, to be impressed with the intellect of people leading this country. These morons are better off keeping their mouths shut as much as possible to at least give the illusion of competence rather than verbally diarrhea'ing nonsense like this. This seriously sounds like D.A.R.E. propaganda or public perception circa 1990s. An embarrassingly dated perspective, and our tax dollars are paying for this "expertise".

Notice how many times he uses "I think", "My view", etc. This is representative of someone without objective understanding of the issue, falling back to personal subjectivity, belief, and all kinds of convoluted idiocy. People who with a genuine understanding typically don't ever reference having a personal stance on the matter, because they know that evidence and research is far more important than some delusional sense of individual authority.

Edited by Xingu (03/15/17 01:15 PM)

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #24164308 - 03/15/17 01:20 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

fucking idiot

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Connoisseur] * 2
    #24164495 - 03/15/17 02:56 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

He doesn't think our nation will be healthier with marijuana being sold at every corner grocery store.

That's fine. I'll just keep buying it in the parking lot of every corner grocery store.:rofl:

Something something businessman, he'll actually help support marijuana.

I Can't believe people ever took this shithead seriously. Thanks to all who did.

--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.

In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

OfflineReynardTheFox
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Fractal420]
    #24165186 - 03/15/17 07:45 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
I, as you know, am dubious about marijuana

Sessions certainly is dubious.

--------------------
"Every actual State is corrupt. Good men must not obey laws too well" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If I am the devil's child, I will live then, by the devil" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Invisiblebirdeatingspider
Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Loc: so many roads
Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: ReynardTheFox] * 1
    #24168683 - 03/16/17 11:04 PM (7 years, 13 days ago)

Says to think of the children's lives, don't let them throw it away- yet by standing​ in the way of the inevitable legalization he is literally killing them via opioid epidemic.

The fact that he compared this to the crack years speaks to how much of a dinosaur he is.

--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: birdeatingspider]
    #24170512 - 03/17/17 05:02 PM (7 years, 12 days ago)

He thinks cannabis is slightly less worse than heroin.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24191064 - 03/25/17 07:36 AM (7 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
He thinks cannabis is slightly less worse than heroin.

I bet thats accurate (him believing that, lol. I mean the guy truly hates pot more than he hates heroin... (The KKK is cool until he finds out they like a joint with their "nigger-hate"?)

I know, i know, everyone has heard this old quote of his, but it really does speak volumes about who this fucker is. I was checking the news everyday hoping he wouldnt actually become AG.

Some other politician said something like "yes, sessions holds these terrible views, but he sort of doesnt act on them, so he is tolerated" (i think this was on bill maher's real time, IIRC)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: "Jeff Sessions Just Spoke Candidly About Marijuana (And You Won't Like What He Said)" [Re: Fractal420]
    #24191073 - 03/25/17 07:42 AM (7 years, 5 days ago)

BY THE WAY

http://reason.com/archives/2017/03/22/jeff-sessions-terrible-truth-about-drugs

Sessions claims marijuana is "only slightly less awful" than heroin, and in 2014 he strenuously objected after President Obama conceded that marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol. "I'm heartbroken," Sessions said. "It's stunning to me. I find it beyond comprehension."

Judging from his response, Sessions literally did not comprehend Obama's point. Sessions tried to rebut Obama's statement about the relative hazards of marijuana and alcohol by declaring that "Lady Gaga says she's addicted to [marijuana] and it is not harmless."

Sessions is especially offended by the suggestion that marijuana legalization could reduce opioid-related harm by providing a safer alternative. "Give me a break," he said in a recent speech to the National Association of Attorneys General. "It's just almost a desperate attempt to defend the harmlessness of marijuana or even its benefits."

Uncharacteristically, Sessions conceded that "maybe science will prove I'm wrong." If he bothered to research the subject, he would discover that several studies have found an association between medical marijuana laws and reductions in opioid prescriptions, opioid-related deaths, and fatally injured drivers testing positive for opioids."

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder