Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
I can't tell
    #2416057 - 03/10/04 06:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I can't tell if psychedelics have been helping me.

I've tripped many times. In my travels I've begun to break through, tap into that divine energy...light, love... God.

I used to trip and learn about myself, feel genuine euphoria, be beamed with gnostic information.

But the last maybe 4 trips since Halloween haven't left me with glowing euphoria. I can't decide if tripping out is helping my general mindstate or hindering my ability to stay happy. Tripping makes me more unlike most people, therefore, it's hard to relate to most people, I have inadequet skills in talking about little things. 98% of the people I know in my life are scared to fucking death of thinking about the shit that constantly goes through my mind. I only really fit in with one type of people... you know them, hippies, intellectuals... people with open eyes.

The depth of my travels have served to sort of isolate me from most people, which obviously isn't making me happy. It's almost like I'm too smart for my own good. But I could never feel right closing my eyes. I see it happen to people. The weight of the world is just too much after the years and people put on this happy mask and close their eyes. I'm not like them though, and the doors that have been opened in my mind cannot be closed, it's way too late.

So my point in writing this is to ask input from people that have gone through this sort of thing. How can you stay happy after seeing so much, all while you see nearly everybody else walk around like zombies? I'm not old yet, but I think the older people here could help me out.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: I can't tell [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2416142 - 03/10/04 07:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

obligation of the noble.

Would you trade one evil for another?

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #2416152 - 03/10/04 07:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hi man I totaly know what your going through i have even been told by people that i am too smart for my own good. Simply because I am becoming too aware which is leaving me a bit lonley. Even with friends I still feel this way because I feel like well not human anymore if ya know what i mean.

Its almost like I can not make that connection with people any more I understand things they dont and there intrests are boring and mundane where as mine are on exploration and knoledge ect. They wana know who wins the next game show or reality tv show and thats there high point of there year.

Me i wana know whats going on in the world and space ect I wana evolve.
This has also left me without a girlfriend as i am way too fussy and cant seem to even think about going with what the typical guy would go with.

The only thing you can do is either stop takeing drugs and try and fall asleep again ( I would rather die) or try and find your center and do something with your life that will eventualy let you meet like minded people.

My way out is to try and move south and go cantabury or near the stone henge where all the hippys and druids liv and find something donw there. If not just go to learn to live with it after all it all in the mind.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: I can't tell [Re: EvilGir]
    #2416179 - 03/10/04 07:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wow man. We are alike.

I'm very thankful that I know even a few people like us. I love them.

Now, if I could form a band and travel all lover I'd be set.  :laugh: Got a drummer.

--------------------

OfflineToolman
This one, thisform I hold now
 User Gallery

Loc: The borderline
    #2416200 - 03/10/04 07:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I completely know where u are coming from. Its like i wrote your post.

Its not that i dont get along with people, but when i start to talk about my thoughts related to the psychedelic experiences i have had, people just dont understand me, they dont want to hear that shit, it freaks them out. :shake:

It gets real bad when i drink, then i always bring up psychedelics.
I stopped using them for 4 years, but i missed them to much. So now i am starting again. :crazy2:

What i do is yoga and meditation, it really helps me through stuff

--------------------
Dreaming of that face again. It's bright and blue and shimmering. Grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
    #2416264 - 03/10/04 07:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm so glad i found this topic. Today i was pondering the same shit. People call me too smart for my own good (even though i still strain myself for knowledge and experience, and feel dumb). I was feeling really lonely today, looking at everybody, because they look like zombies and are aware of shit. I was actually about to post my feelings on here somewhere. I started reading my book on meditation, by Osho earlier and he was talking about becoming headless, and living from the heart. Although somebody on here had told me that Osho is a fake, i still do not believe so. Osho was a very wise man, with lot's of knowledge to share. I'm not even the least bit depressed right now, just because i read your topic :laugh: Thanks

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: I can't tell [Re: anarchyhollow]
    #2416273 - 03/10/04 07:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yeah, i forgot to add that since i read Osho's ideas about living from the heart, i am gonna start trying. I wish i had some friends like you guys that i could actually hang out with, because i only have 1 friend like that, and he lives 120 miles away in the mountains where i used to live.

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2416307 - 03/10/04 07:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I totally dig! I have one of our kind of friends that I see almost every day on the net (MadHamish, member of this community), and I think I would have lost (more of) my mind if I didn't know him. It's important to be able to relate, that's all I can say.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: I can't tell [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2416382 - 03/10/04 08:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey bro, i completely understand were you are comming from.

The first day back to reality after a heavy trip leaves you fealing like everyone else is plugged into to the matrix unkowingly and you are a rebel unplugged. And that is exactly what you are. You must learn how to harness your knowledge. Use your knowledge to enlighten the people that are still ina sense "plugged in". Find a goal in life. My goal is to form a psychedelic rock band, and get a PHD in psychology. Each of these goals is going to enlighten people in some way.

When you goto your school or work, be kind, show others that you dont have to be stressed out and on the edge all the time. Show them what life is truley about.

Now that you have discovered the truth, you can now do your part to make the world a better place.

I swear im going to create a website designed for people that experiment with psychedelics, with the sole purpose of changing the world. Because we are the future, we have the power to make our own reality.

Harness the power my friend.

Peace

Offlinesleepysmoker
Stranger

Re: I can't tell [Re: psikooz]
    #2416847 - 03/10/04 11:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Re: I can't tell [Re: psikooz]
    #2418089 - 03/11/04 05:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psikooz said:
The first day back to reality after a heavy trip leaves you fealing like everyone else is plugged into to the matrix unkowingly and you are a rebel unplugged. And that is exactly what you are.

I don't just get this after a heavy trip, I've experienced this sentiment every waking hour of my life since losing the hinges on several doors.

Quote:

You must learn how to harness your knowledge. Use your knowledge to enlighten the people that are still ina sense "plugged in". Find a goal in life. My goal is to form a psychedelic rock band, and get a PHD in psychology. Each of these goals is going to enlighten people in some way.

I have several goals, but the trouble is: there's only 80 years left to accomplish them, at best - and I'll be damned if I leave this world without sucking up a lot it has to offer. To quote Jim Morisson:

I'm here to get my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames!

Quote:

Peace

Right back atcha!

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2418132 - 03/11/04 06:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm lucky I guess, as my closest friends are into psyhcedelics as much as myself. We all like to share our experience with one another and ponder the questions and 'answers' we come up against. There are the other people who seem afraid of the whole idea of existence, which is, to me, more strange than the ideas and such that I prattle off which they say are "weird", "crazy" ideas. I guess its fair enough though, existence is a pretty big nut to crack!
"What are the two most universal human characteristics, Fear or Laziness?" -- Waking Life
I must agree, my ranting get a little out of hand while drunk, but fuck it, People need to know this stuff. Don't get caught up in this mediocre consensus reality, Existence is a magnificently awesome thing. I can't see why people don't want to experience the power and beauty of it. But then again, ignorance is bliss so they say.

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: I can't tell [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2418135 - 03/11/04 06:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I need to start using paragraphs.

--------------------
Light & Music

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: I can't tell [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2418166 - 03/11/04 06:50 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If ignorance is bliss then it is cruel to shatter that bliss; therefore the really disturbing conjectures on this existence of ours cannot/should not be aired in public.

We are limited in our expressive ability; hemmed in by kindness and compassion & can only express our true thoughts in private amongst people who are prepared to face disturbing ideas.

The capacity of this forum to share is limited, we can only go so far before we have to shut-up or devise ways to communicate between the lines.

Eventualy we isolate ourselves out of consideration; Progressive exploration of our environment threatens the stability of those unprepared, which is as it should be I guess. So having reached our limit I suppose we wait patiently for someone or something to provide the conditions condusive to further exploration, honesty and sharing.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2418369 - 03/11/04 09:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There's lots of us out here, man. Lots of us just like you.

I have friends who enjoy psychedelics, but they all enjoy them for recreational reasons. We collectively tried 2c-i recently.. I found that it was not "deep" enough and left my mind too shattered to think carefully about anything. I had a sense of introspection, but it was like I couldn't put my finger on it.

One of my friends LOVED this drug. He said "it's got lots of the stuff I like and less of the stuff I don't like". Because he doesn't LIKE introspection. He lives inside the box; introspection scares him. He just wants to be fucked up.

God, how I wish I had a group of friends who thought just like me. I used to have one, he was my best friend. He moved to Texas a year ago. I have another, but I've never met him. Purely an online-association. But he lives in California. Both of them are SO MUCH LIKE ME, it's such a joy to have conversations with them. But I can't do so outside of my computer.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2418390 - 03/11/04 09:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think tripping is the problem. If tripping caused your mind to open and see the world differently than most of the people out there see it, good, but it's not just tripping that causes people to open their minds.

I see the world differently than most people I know see it. My mind was opened almost 2 years ago, after I went through an extremely stressful time in my life. I've been on a search for knowledge about life ever since then, because of what I experienced, and my mind is constantly being challenged with new information and new insights into our universe.

It's so difficult, now, to listen to people talk about mundane things, like going shopping, having fights with their SOs, who did what to whom, how they hate their jobs, etc.

There are not many people that it is fun to talk with because they are boring. I know I'm not the most interesting person in the world, and to most of the people that know me I am probably boring because all I really talk about is law, the universe, God, etc. All the crazy shit we talk about here. They don't want to talk about this stuff.

You never know who you're going to run into in the world that can talk about this stuff, like at a Starbucks, a pool bar, in a grocery store, at court, at church. I am always talking to people and picking up stuff here and there. I acquire bits and pieces of knowledge here and there.

But I learned something from someone here, who shall remain nameless unless he wants to step forward on his own. Well, I haven't learned it yet, but I'm started to practice it. Patience. To have patience for people who aren't where I'm at. Patience for people who don't understand me, or who don't see what I see, or who can't see the world the way I see it. I'm not going to pity them, except for maybe just a little. But like someone else said above, we should share our knowledge with others, and I try to do that too, but people end up looking at me funny. hehe.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Re: I can't tell [Re: Frog]
    #2418569 - 03/11/04 11:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It opens your mind faster than anything short of a near-death experience will.

--------------------

- Aristotle

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2418614 - 03/11/04 11:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I actually have this whole theory, that tripping is specifically that--replication of a near death experience.

The best, though, is when you crash your car the day AFTER tripping. It's like a double whammy!

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2418798 - 03/11/04 12:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've been told that experiencing extremely stressful conditions can cause a paradigm shift. 

Wouldn't a near-death experience also cause a paradigm shift?

Maybe there are various ways to cause a shift in the way one perceives one's world. 

Just asking questions about all this and trying to understand.  :smile:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: I can't tell [Re: Frog]
    #2419199 - 03/11/04 03:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man were in da same boat here, it's like i don't find enjoyment talking about the mundane things any more, watching tv and the like, it drives my wife up the wall so i just keep it to myself and God for the most part. but yeah once were awakened we must carry on, we are no longer a part of babylon just passinf thru to the other side...Try jumping on Dead tour if ya feel lead or the rainbow trail, just watch out for wolfs in sheeps clothing they are evrywhere.

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology