Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

DMT at concerts/festivals
    #24157644 - 03/12/17 11:13 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

I've yet to try DMT, mostly because I've heard its similar to a ridiculous short, very high dose mushroom trip. I've tried mushrooms in doses above 5g before and really didn't enjoy it. They just leave me more incredibly confused, more so than any other psychedelic I've tried. Having said that I'm open to trying it and probably will soon

Anyway, how the hell do people do DMT at a festival/concert whilst standing in a crowd? I always smell it, especially at something like a shpongle show. Are they just taking smaller hits? From what I've read, I have no clue how anyone could handle being in that state while standing in a crowd. Wouldn't you at least have to sit down? Maybe I'm just naive...

Could you blast off at a concert?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

Re: DMT at concerts/festivals [Re: OliverJames]
    #24157648 - 03/12/17 11:15 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

During a sunrise set is the best time to smoke DMT at a festival. 

IMO

--------------------

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

Re: DMT at concerts/festivals [Re: Big Worm]
    #24157656 - 03/12/17 11:17 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

This is what I was thinking. I'll hopefully have a chance to try it at a sunrise set pretty soon, maybe I'll make it my first experience

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
    #24157672 - 03/12/17 11:24 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

I'd put myself in a safe comfortable place for the first time atleast.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: DMT at concerts/festivals [Re: pineninja]
    #24157675 - 03/12/17 11:25 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah that doesnt sound like a good mix.  It's not really a "party thing".  Infact that sounds like a terrible setting.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: DMT at concerts/festivals [Re: Amanita86]
    #24157681 - 03/12/17 11:29 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

After you have ticked the safe comfortable box (which I doubt you do at a festival.) it really doesn't matter where you are physically so setting almost becomes redundant.
I always overlay soft music just to drown out anything else but after that the journeys in the mind.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#24157690 - 03/12/17 11:31 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

I'd want to be on my safey (couch).  But that's just me, I wouldn't be able to relax with all the goings on of a festival.

--------------------

InvisibleAchuma
Aluminium Fedora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smegmaguay
    #24157691 - 03/12/17 11:31 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Many festivals are filled with lovely psychedelic-friendly vibes.  It's not the best to be standing in the middle of a crowd full of drunk people but usually venturing off to the fringes and, most importantly, sitting down first, and getting acquainted well with the spot you're sitting, will help you to have a good experience. 

I have done DMT in numerous settings, and I personally find being in the woods with a small trusted group of friends is conducive to the best DMT trips.  At a festival I have a hard time with mescaline, a notoriously friendly drug, but I have had low-dose DMT trips to clean up the vibes of dirtier psychedelics like LSD in public spaces and absolutely had no problems.  It really depends on what kind of festival and whether you're at fairgrounds (not as good) or a disused cow field (better) or up in the woods in the mountains (best).

Really it's up to you.  If you get through the preparation stage, you're all set up with your cushy blanket where there's not TOO much light hitting your face, and your friends are all happy but you feel like something isn't right, or you can't get comfortable, then I advise you not to proceed with smoking the DMT.  It's very important to be comfortable in your skin before the blast off, to keep bad vibes from leaking in, and they really still will anyway because DMT is filterless.

--------------------
Achuma's Psilocybe Extraction Pictorial

Pictured: crystalline extract derived from Psilocybe Cubensis.  See link for detailed instructions, as well as a lengthy discussion on the properties of light.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: DMT at concerts/festivals [Re: Achuma]
    #24157696 - 03/12/17 11:33 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Even someone talking in the background Is enough to throw it off track.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Re: DMT at concerts/festivals [Re: pineninja] * 1
    #24157701 - 03/12/17 11:37 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

That's what I'm saying, imagine if some overly excited drunk chick started shrieking or something right when you were at the moment of no going back.  That would be terrible.

I'd rather be able to meditate before, during and after.  Save the cid etc for the festival.

--------------------

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

#24157741 - 03/13/17 12:03 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
Yeah that doesnt sound like a good mix.  It's not really a "party thing".  Infact that sounds like a terrible setting.

I dont blame you. This is wh yI'm asking why its so common haha

I guess I'm not talking bout your regular concert though. Like a tipper concert for example, its extremely common to smell DMT. I've almost wondered if I've gotten contact high just from being around so much of it at once. I may as well be standing in my grandmas closet lol

But yea, I'll probably have a chance to try it at a concert, in the woods, super nice setting. Maybe I'll just take a couple small hits to get acquainted

I just find that trypatmines in general arent too great at concerts/festivals. The headspace isn't nearly as clean and clear as L. I also find them more sedating

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#24157750 - 03/13/17 12:08 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

I mean yeah if it's a good setting and you're comfortable and all that fire away.  I could see how it would work out alright.  You know you better than I do some I'm sure you can call the shot.

They really smoke so much dmt that you can smell it in the air?  That's nuts man.

--------------------

Offlinebigbitch
Stranger

#24157755 - 03/13/17 12:10 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

I've got a mixed opinion about this.  First, I would never use it at a concert.  Maybe I just haven't been to the right kind of concert though.  I would also never use it at a big festival.  If it's your first time, I suggest being alone in a safe, comfortable area.

However, I was at this small festival once, and me and some other people I just met all smoked it (at sunrise like that one poster mentioned, although I'm sure I could've enjoyed it at another time of day).  They just had a really good vibe about them, and none of us talked to each other once we broke through.  We talked about it some afterwards, and it was a very nice and enjoyable experience.

I also smoked some once with a buddy (on a couch in a house) who had never broke through with proper deems correctly.  He was very talkative during it, and it was a little too much for him, and it was not enjoyable at all for me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, at most concerts and big festivals, there are too many people.  Alot of them are not the "salt of the earth" peaceful, hippy dippy kind of people I would like to be around on dmt.  It's definitely not a social drug, and I suggest a laid back, chill, and peaceful setting.  That's not to say, that you can't make that type of setting happen in beautiful nature, at a small festival, with the right kind of people around you.

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

#24157757 - 03/13/17 12:13 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Yea man, its actually fucking crazy. I dont know if your into that kinda music but you should check out tipper if you get a chance. Last time I saw him at Suwannee I felt like the entire crowd collectively decided to trip at once. Just walking around, people were losing their faces left and right. Its a sight to see

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#24157772 - 03/13/17 12:19 AM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah I've never made it to one of these psych based festivals.  Most of the ones I've hit are a little heavier and more your alcohol, marlboros and maybe some blow type of things.

I can imagine though if you got everyone all synched up and "it" was happening how it could get pretty profound.

--------------------

InvisibleTheDrake
Male User Gallery

#24159523 - 03/13/17 05:48 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

At festivals I'll roll the DMT into a joint with cannabis and just take small hits. This is at festivals were everyone is on some kind of psychedelic.
There has been times where I'll have to sit down because I hit it a little to much.
Low dose of DMT on some acid with a killer light show and good music with friends can make for some great times.

--------------------

OfflineStarstepper
AI Brobot
Male User Gallery

Loc: The blip on the radar Flag
    #24159589 - 03/13/17 06:07 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

pineninja said:
Even someone talking in the background Is enough to throw it off track.

This on high doses for sure. Nothing worse than two people talking as you are incapacitated laying there and you just want to scream "Shut the fuck up!"

High doses make me super sensitive to sound.

--------------------
:darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside::darkside:

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#24160038 - 03/13/17 08:24 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
  Infact that sounds like a terrible setting.

I guess it's different for everyone.

For myself, give me a couch to relax on after liftoff.

--------------------
©️

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

Re: DMT at concerts/festivals [Re: TheDrake]
    #24160128 - 03/13/17 08:47 PM (7 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

TheDrake said:
At festivals I'll roll the DMT into a joint with cannabis and just take small hits. This is at festivals were everyone is on some kind of psychedelic.
There has been times where I'll have to sit down because I hit it a little to much.
Low dose of DMT on some acid with a killer light show and good music with friends can make for some great times.

I think this is what I'm gonna do for my first time. Might actually even hold off on the cannabis since I haven't smoked in over 4 months now. Maybe I'll mix it with some peppermint leaves

OfflineEnemaOfState
Chief
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #24168344 - 03/16/17 09:07 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

OliverJames said:
Yea man, its actually fucking crazy. I dont know if your into that kinda music but you should check out tipper if you get a chance. Last time I saw him at Suwannee I felt like the entire crowd collectively decided to trip at once. Just walking around, people were losing their faces left and right. Its a sight to see

was there as well. suwannee is always a good time, and with tipper...oh man haha.
Im going again this year as well.

--------------------
A Pretty Big Grizmatik Undergroundzies Conspiracy

Too weird to live.
Too rare to die.

OfflineOliverJames
Potion Brewer

Re: DMT at concerts/festivals [Re: EnemaOfState]
    #24168728 - 03/16/17 11:27 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

Yo enema we actually gotta meet up this time. 404 is gonna be there as well. I had perfect service so I'll send ya my number as it gets closer. This year is gonna be even crazier than the last

OfflineEnemaOfState
Chief
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #24169018 - 03/17/17 03:52 AM (7 years, 14 days ago)

Yessir! Ive been living in Thailand since October and i go back to the US like 2 weeks before so ill have lots of crazy stories for y'all.

--------------------
A Pretty Big Grizmatik Undergroundzies Conspiracy

Too weird to live.
Too rare to die.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract