Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAzreal_X_Sepultura
Stranger
Dunking...genius...
    #2415473 - 03/10/04 04:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I hope whoever invented this "dunking" method dies a horrible death.
After a month of waiting on my jars to incubate, I read an article on a site that said you could dunk your cakes in water for 24 hours right after birth and between flushes to help promote shroom growth. So when these jars were fully colonized I did exactlly that. 12 Hours later the next day after I got off of school I went to check up on my cryo-cake and discovered THE ENTIRE CAKE WAS BLUE. If I'm not mistaken, that is INCREDIBLY BAD. When the mycelia dies, the psilocin oxidizes and turns blue right? Then why would something that is supposed to help my shrooms grow kill the entire cake?!?!
What a waste of time and effort. Total BS. By the way, if it makes any difference, I was using the B+ Cubensis strain. :razz:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Dunking...genius... [Re: Azreal_X_Sepultura]
    #2415519 - 03/10/04 04:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Advanced Mushroom Cultivation = For advanced mycologists, this forum is dedicated to the discussion of experimental procedures, advanced cultivation techniques and mushroom science.

This post would have been more appropriate for the General Cultivation forum.

What type of water did you use, ie. faucet, spring, peroxidated?

What are your current environmental conditions, ie. temp, humidity?

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinefrock
    #2415528 - 03/10/04 04:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Im very new around here and to muchroom cultivation but here is what I always thought.

And you will probably want to move this to a different thread.

1) I thought it was best to do after 1st flush, although Im sure it depends on the situation. I thought there should be enough moisture for the first flush so it wasnt needed until after words.

2) I also thought that some bruising was unavoidable and it might take 2 days for full recovery.

3) Did you use sterile water or with h202 in it?

Just my quick thoughts as Im still very new and havent gotten to flushes yet. So if Im wrong feel free to corect me.

Oh yeah, blaming the forum for something that is probably your fault seems kinda childish.

OfflineAzreal_X_Sepultura
Stranger
Re: Dunking...genius... [Re: frock]
    #2415660 - 03/10/04 04:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm new to the forum too, so you're probably right about moving the thread, but childish? Hardly.. Someone getting run over by a car with 2 broken legs who complains about the idiot that pushed him into the road doen't get called childish... by the way, even if the water WAS contaminated, it wouldn't have killed all the mycelia like that, it would have grown a bacteria or a mold or something. The water I used was just plain tap, but it's not like some killer acid from Hades or anything. I mist one of my other cakes with it frequently and nothing like this has ever happened to it. But knowing that there are people out there that think it's the guy who got pushed into the roads' fault his legs are broken certainly makes me feel better.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2415672 - 03/10/04 04:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Did you drain and alow them to re-comonize? I bet it wasnt all dead.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #2415688 - 03/10/04 04:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The blueing is hypothesized to be due to oxidation of a compound present in the fruits. I have had handling, air currents, heat, alcohol, and peroxide all lead to blueing.

Be patient and try not to judge something based soley on one experience. I have seen dunking help boost many cakes, and many without bruising.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2416054 - 03/10/04 06:32 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Dunking has shown to increase many peoples flushes which says to me there is something beneficial to it. You shouldn't judge a tek based on your one isolated incident just as this tek wasn't given credit because of one isolated incident. I am guessing you are rather new to this and this outcome would, no offense, but be caused by something you did.
I would guess, as Joshua stated, the water you dunked in had some sort of chemical which caused this. Did you clean the jar/tub out which you dunked in? With what? I would guess there was probably some sort of residue left over from cleaning or if not cleaned still something in the jar/tub.

There are many factors which go into the whole procedure and can be messed up at any stage. If a tek is in use by many and shows to help them or at least not harm them, don't be so quick to discard the tek. Look into what you did differently and see what you could change to ameliorate it.

Peace - @cro

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation