Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: 2016-2017 March Madness Thread [Re: Nifflerz]
    #24214626 - 04/03/17 06:09 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

There were a few classic games during the tournament this year, but all in all it was as tame of a tournament as I can remember. Especially the first couple of days (where normally the chaos reigns) where there was virtually zero real upsets. Was there one single real Cinderella team this year? I mean like a small school? Although South Carolina isn't a small school...I guess they fit the bill, but no true small schools made any noise at all this tournament. Usually we'll get one or two who find their way into at least the Sweet 16.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: 2016-2017 March Madness Thread [Re: Nifflerz]
    #24216940 - 04/04/17 02:37 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Fuck the NCAA.  They advertise free streaming then make me pull off my ad block.  Normally I wouldn't do that, but OK I'll fucking bite.  So these dicks hit me with a few ads, then show me some guys warming up, then cut my feed.  Then they wait for me to try again.  OK, same shit, a few ads, then cut my feed.  I'm dozing by now, only some action would have woken me up. So I do wake up an hour later, it's halftime (this the Oregon game, we only care about PNW teams here and Gonzaga don't count) and I say shit Oregon may have a shot.  Try again, three more ads, and some guy analyzing the first half.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineDTCharlieB
yum yum fish.
Male

Loc: Yak attack Flag
Re: 2016-2017 March Madness Thread [Re: LunarEclipse] * 1
    #24226358 - 04/07/17 07:57 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

One of the higher profile referees lives in my area and plays golf with my grandma I won't mention his name I guess but he refereed one of the final four games.  And you hear nothing about him,  and i think that's a good thing.  If the population knows a ref or umps name that can only be bad. He rarely refs our games, I think I've only seen him do one but he gave us one good call that could of went either way, hahah.  But he actually called a really fair game.  They need more refs like that.  Not ones who are going to play the whistle every 30 Seconds and turn it into a foul shooting contest.  Games like that make me sick, and apparently a lot of NBA players thing so also through tweeting and such. I like those physical games where people have to really get pounded to get a foul, not just if someone reaches in and doesn't even touch the guy with the ball.

I think the fans are starting to get sick of it too and I know ratings are still high but eventually people are gonna get sick of seeing the team with the best free throw shooters win the game.  I really hope this crap changes there's some games I can hardly watch cause of that crap.  When I hear Jay Bilas talk about how the rules and the game is fine i lose more and more respect for that fool.  He used to be a decent analyst but he's starting to just talk go against popular opinions to get himself more attention in his old age.

And the old blue bloods get another championship, I hate to see it it, especially a school with a ton of allegations and  infractions as North Carolina,  who surprise surprise barely got a slap on the wrist for get away with another one.  At least it was a semi decent game for awhile. 

How many days til football season? 

I wish I could get into the NBA or hockey. And baseball season is just too damn long especially at the end seeing the Pirates fall short at the end of another season.  It's a long 5 months for me.

--------------------
I like lasagna.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: 2016-2017 March Madness Thread [Re: DTCharlieB]
    #24228872 - 04/08/17 09:08 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

You make excellent points and I extend them to hockey. Luckily there is a tendency for refs to let the players play in the playoffs, and it becomes especially apparent when it gets near the end of a close game. They don't want to blow the whistle. Hockey like football has become very conscious of and penalizing head shots. But other than that hockey refs allow the game to become incredibly rough at that point.

I worry greatly about the future of football. No matter what they do with rules changes, as long as the game is still worth watching guys are going to get smashed with life long brain injuries. To repeat my earlier posts, the NFL and bigtime NCAA can afford insurance. The High schools can not. The future of the NFL will be only guys from poor families and foreigners.

Hockey has a better chance of surviving without radical change. Getting hit when your on skates on ice reduces the impact of the hit.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineDTCharlieB
yum yum fish.
Male

Loc: Yak attack Flag
Re: 2016-2017 March Madness Thread [Re: Brian Jones]
    #24244069 - 04/14/17 04:44 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah if you decide to play football and play it your entire life even at a higher level you know the risk is there.  It's a decision they have to make, and it's hard to turn down millions of dollars at 20 years old and your probably thinking more about the money then the medical issues.

The NFL has plenty of resources to do a lot more to those who are retired with injuries and those playing currently.  They do screw a lot of guys.  And your correct high schools just don't have that luxury,  the good thing about that is if you just play high school ball your pretty unlikely to have any permanent injurie, it happens but there's a lot more kids that are fine if they high school is there last stop on the football field.

College ball, you got bigger and stronger kids whacking your head.  I imagine chance of injury greatly improves from high school.  Some schools are good with dealing with injuries, others not so much.  There still should be something in place in college ball that if you get a life long injury they will take care of you.

They are warning these kids from pop warner on about the chance of serious injury, especially concussions.  They try to beat it into these kids heads but how many of them take that information seriously.  I'm sure they are still pressured from there teamstes to go out and play like a wrecking ball. It's just a difficult subject on what or what not to do it's hard to figure out how to handle it.

--------------------
I like lasagna.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom