Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: koods]
    #24156096 - 03/12/17 12:23 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

koods said:
Americans won't do the work. Alabama cracked down on illegals in 2011 and crops rotted in the fields. The fact is migrant immigrants have always provided the bulk of agricultural labor throughout American history. Americans aren't interested in moving from town to town working the fields.

Source for the crops "rotting in the fields"?

Regardless, this is nonsense, the estimates there are 30 million illegals here, there is NOT 30 million illegals picking crops, that's nonsense

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Crackdown on illegal immigrants left crops rotting in Georgia fields, ag chief tells US lawmakers
Quote:

ATLANTA A farm labor shortage that left crops rotting in the fields after Georgia passed a law cracking down on illegal immigration shows the need for a retooled or expanded guest worker program for migrant laborers, Georgia's agriculture commissioner told a panel of Washington lawmakers Tuesday.

Commissioner Gary Black testified at a Senate subcommittee hearing on immigration enforcement and farm labor that an informal survey showed farmers of onions, watermelons and other handpicked crops lacked more than 11,000 workers during their spring and summer harvest. Farmers say that's because the Georgia immigration law scared off many migrant workers. Similar complaints are being heard in Alabama with its tough new law.

Financial incentives aimed at getting unemployed Georgians and even criminals on probation to take their place picking crops were marginally successful, Black said, because the new workers were too slow and often quit because of the strenuous labor involved.

And somehow, we didn't all starve that year :rolleyes:

So apparently 20% of the federal inmate population is illegal, but that's okay too because we have cheap food :lol:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/07/illegal-immigrants-accounted-for-nearly-37-percent-of-federal-sentences-in-fy-2014/

No matter what these people do, democrats will still support open borders because republicans oppose them, sad

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #24156121 - 03/12/17 12:34 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

opened/closed borders =/= first amendment rights inside the country.

that's not the issue. i, for example, see the requirement for a closed border...though, i am also a constitutionalist, and believe in the first amendment (as a general rule- i am also an Amerophile, by nature- i hate the cold- but i've also learned to embrace my own heritage. fucked how that works eh? you're constitution is so good, it makes other countries jealous.)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: hostileuniverse]
    #24156133 - 03/12/17 12:40 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

I'd like to see the data myself instead of the spin they certainly have put on it. Of course they provide no
Link so the reader can examine their claims. I'm not surprised.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #24156158 - 03/12/17 12:46 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
i am also a constitutionalist, and believe in the first amendment

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
fuck the freedom to speech, it's all crap

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: Enlil]
    #24156177 - 03/12/17 12:54 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

i was being ironic, cause i'm so ironic like that. and  i was making a point: i should be able to say something, ANYTHING, and not have be taken out of context, and used as a pretexted to hate me- essentially, misapprehension is and obvious catalyst for good and funny things to happen- not only is it essential, as the words that are coming out of my screen, but it is a good thing and is fun- so i as i thought...the point did, in fact go over your head OR you are just tra-la-la-laing to get at some crap corner of my beliefs. thing is i believe in the right to the freedom of speech of comedy, and of especially irony and sarcasm (satire)- don't you?

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#24156188 - 03/12/17 12:59 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
i am also a constitutionalist, and believe in the first amendment

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
fuck the freedom to speech, it's all crap

No surprise there, every other post of his is a contradiction :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#24156203 - 03/12/17 01:06 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

you're so gullible.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#24156214 - 03/12/17 01:11 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
you're so gullible.

You misspelled "knowledgeable"

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: hostileuniverse] * 2
    #24156221 - 03/12/17 01:13 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

your braincells increase everytime you read one of my posts.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: akira_akuma] * 2
    #24156227 - 03/12/17 01:18 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah well breitbart doesn't tell you that the scourge of federal crime committed by non citizens amounts to 15 murders and 21 kidnappings. Violent crimes accounted for 0.49% of federal offenses committed by non-citizens, and 5.11% of crimes committed by citizens.

89% of crimes committed non citizens were immigration and drug related. Most of the drug charges were for trafficking, a crime that one would expect is will employ foreign nationals and has no direct correlation to undocumented workers. I suspect the high number of drug possession charges are either add on charges to trafficking or immigration cases.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: akira_akuma] * 2
    #24156247 - 03/12/17 01:29 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Ok, so, 96 new posts into this thread and i'm gonna comment on a few things.

Construction Labor Shortage
maybe somewhere, but not where i live.  If there were a bunch of big projects pending, the union halls would be emptying and they would be letting guys into the union.  A guy like me who quit plumbing a couple years ago might join the union even though i wouldn't get any credit for my decade+ of on the job experience and would have to be an apprentice and go to night school after work and shit for years.

Farm Labor Wages

Without commenting on whether americans will perform farm labor for minimum wage, I would note that most cost reductions tend to correlate to higher profit margins for producers rather than cost savings for consumers.  It feels that way anyway, maybe i'm totally off base with that.  Either way, a rising tide raises all boats or whatever.  Same reasoning behind raising the minimum wage or for union membership rates having a positive effect on non-union wages.  In any event, I figure that anyone who is ok with slave wages for farm workers is probably fine with chinese sweat shops too, as long as they get cheap t-shirts and electronics out of the deal.  Maybe i'm wrong about that as well.

The left is full of leeches

GTFO webster.  I spent my twenties building (literally) homes and businesses.  what have you built?

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: koods] * 1
    #24156281 - 03/12/17 01:48 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Yeah well breitbart doesn't tell you that the scourge of federal crime committed by non citizens amounts to 15 murders and 21 kidnappings. Violent crimes accounted for 0.49% of federal offenses committed by non-citizens, and 5.11% of crimes committed by citizens.

89% of crimes committed non citizens were immigration and drug related. Most of the drug charges were for trafficking, a crime that one would expect is will employ foreign nationals and has no direct correlation to undocumented workers. I suspect the high number of drug possession charges are either add on charges to trafficking or immigration cases.

:awethumb:

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #24156297 - 03/12/17 01:56 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Trump is far superior to Obummer.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24156342 - 03/12/17 02:19 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
it's really too bad people like you are given freedom of speech. and i mean that.

Was that ironic, too?

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24156373 - 03/12/17 02:44 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Ok, so, 96 new posts into this thread and i'm gonna comment on a few things.

Construction Labor Shortage
maybe somewhere, but not where i live.  If there were a bunch of big projects pending, the union halls would be emptying and they would be letting guys into the union.  A guy like me who quit plumbing a couple years ago might join the union even though i wouldn't get any credit for my decade+ of on the job experience and would have to be an apprentice and go to night school after work and shit for years.

Farm Labor Wages

Without commenting on whether americans will perform farm labor for minimum wage, I would note that most cost reductions tend to correlate to higher profit margins for producers rather than cost savings for consumers.  It feels that way anyway, maybe i'm totally off base with that.  Either way, a rising tide raises all boats or whatever.  Same reasoning behind raising the minimum wage or for union membership rates having a positive effect on non-union wages.  In any event, I figure that anyone who is ok with slave wages for farm workers is probably fine with chinese sweat shops too, as long as they get cheap t-shirts and electronics out of the deal.  Maybe i'm wrong about that as well.

The left is full of leeches

GTFO webster.  I spent my twenties building (literally) homes and businesses.  what have you built?

Lmfao triggered. I feel you though, that was uncalled for. And you certainly don't sound like a leech. Your other analysis is actually very on point. You, as a labor worker, know that the bullshit ideology that Koods is preaching and ecstatic is circle jerking is just fucking bullshit. There's no construction job shortage whatsoever. My home town is full of guys who decided to work construction right out of high school instead of going to university. Yes, they were able to find jobs, my hometown is building up very very fast so jobs were available, but it's not like the employers even around me are begging for workers.

Illegal immigration is a workers issue. Guys like you are hit the hardest. If there's a crop picking labor shortage after deporting the illegals, then it sounds like the big time crop producers need to pay better wages to their workers. They're going to stomach most of the cost, not the workers. The producers are the ones that benefit the most from paying their workers slave wages and Koods and Ecstatic just are defending it defend I guess. No other reason than being a sheep.

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Edited by Webster10 (03/12/17 02:47 PM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: Webster10] * 1
    #24156393 - 03/12/17 02:57 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

They're not going to stomach the cost.  Consumers will.  Prices will go up, and demand will go down as a result.  Production will then reduce because demand goes down.  As production reduces, jobs will be reduced.  Of course, this will also mean a reduction in all of the other industries that support the ag industry.

If a contraction of the ag industry is what you're looking for, all of this is a good idea.  Hell, maybe it'll be like many of the other industries in the U.S., and the jobs will move to other countries.  We can just import food from them....  It's working great for steel, cars, electronics, textiles, etc.

Great idea, bro.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlineakira_akuma

#24156474 - 03/12/17 03:30 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

akira_akuma said:
it's really too bad people like you are given freedom of speech. and i mean that.

Was that ironic, too?

yeah, basically. i mean, look, i never vouchsafed that he should have his freedom of speech taken away...and well, all i said was "it's really too bad people like him", ie, well, he doesn't do very well in debating, he just coapts the usual conservative clap-trap all the time and, as i've stated in the past, we have a lot of propaganda floating around here...hence the phrasing.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: Webster10]
    #24156480 - 03/12/17 03:32 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Webster10 said:
Lmfao triggered. I feel you though, that was uncalled for. And you certainly don't sound like a leech. Your other analysis is actually very on point. You, as a labor worker, know that the bullshit ideology that Koods is preaching and ecstatic is circle jerking is just fucking bullshit. There's no construction job shortage whatsoever. My home town is full of guys who decided to work construction right out of high school instead of going to university. Yes, they were able to find jobs, my hometown is building up very very fast so jobs were available, but it's not like the employers even around me are begging for workers.

Koods is not talking about that. he's talking about how your podunk rural dwellings out and 'bout the US of A haven't as much construction, save outside the said townships- that's what he be here sayin' boy.

Quote:

Illegal immigration is a workers issue. Guys like you are hit the hardest. If there's a crop picking labor shortage after deporting the illegals, then it sounds like the big time crop producers need to pay better wages to their workers. They're going to stomach most of the cost, not the workers. The producers are the ones that benefit the most from paying their workers slave wages and Koods and Ecstatic just are defending it defend I guess. No other reason than being a sheep.

you want the agro-economy to crash.

see, look, i can't do it too.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama vs Trump - Who's better for middle class America??? [Re: koods]
    #24156484 - 03/12/17 03:33 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Proved my point, no matter what illegals do wrong, leftists will defend them :rolleyes:

So adding up the welfare costs, the prison costs, the job losses, the depreseed wages; if destroying America is what you want, I see no better way:cookiemonster:

Down with America! Viva la mexico!

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#24156491 - 03/12/17 03:35 PM (7 years, 18 days ago)

Our economy collapsing is just a scare tactic, does anyone really believe that if we aren't 12-20% illegals we will cease to survive?

The left is is flailing, and getting desperate, it's almost funny to watch:lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom