Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: Swami]
    #936453 - 10/06/02 12:27 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Your sarcastic comments about people's experiences indicate your lack of respect for, and further, contempt for, the conclusions that other's may make. This is so evident that mind-reading is not necessary. These sarcastic remarks are in no way even related to philosophical debate, they are merely mean spirited attacks. They are not teasing remarks, they are not humorous, and they may serve to humiliate others. Nothing Godly in any of that.

If someone has a 'numinous' event, and does his/her best to describe the event without the technical jargon, what do YOU do with the information that's been shared? Do you encourage the experiencer, or question the experiencer with the intention of learning from his/her experience?

As to your sarcasm towards me, I do KNOW that Compassion is the WAY, beyond any shadow of a doubt. It is most disconcerting when people evidence both an exaggerated sentimentality toward death and killing, and at the same time come out with some of the most oral-sadistic (biting-sarcasm) on the site. Kind of reminds me of the story about Hitler weeping for days over the death of his pet bird (no equivalence intended).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #936464 - 10/06/02 12:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Kind of reminds me of the story about Hitler weeping for days over the death of his pet bird (no equivalence intended).

Then why mention it? First Captain Ahab and now Hitler and I am the abusive one?

Lest you forget Markos, the witches of the world have not been burnt by the Swami's (rationalists), but by the superstitious ones. No harm in that, eh?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: Swami]
    #938387 - 10/07/02 12:34 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Lest you forget Markos, the witches of the world have not been burnt by the Swami's (rationalists), but by the superstitious ones.

You're wrong here Swami... and you know it.

The Salem witch trials were completely justified and quite valid. I mean, c'mon... those women were corrupting the youth of Ath... wait, wrong story... those women were turning people into toads and stuff. And they lied about it. Stupid witches. They should've told the truth... they would've gotten off easy with crucifixion (much less painful than being burned alive).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisibleonce in a lifetime
sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: Metasyn]
    #24146745 - 03/08/17 04:09 PM (7 years, 22 days ago)

I think it's fairly close and I see no real reason not to have that experience... Like the sense deprivatory chamber..  I think it's good, as long as you know what it is you're doing; but like that one, which I guess John C. Lilly pretty much invented, is a good thing I would say.. That is, I haven't done it but it seems like it, and I've heard great things by and large.

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
large  . . music garden . .  very
all peace                    them hi
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: once in a lifetime]
    #24146820 - 03/08/17 04:35 PM (7 years, 22 days ago)

Bro, you bumped a thread from 14 years ago... Hell I hadn't even done cannabis back then...

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Offlinemicolatria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Universo
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: viktor]
    #24147520 - 03/08/17 09:21 PM (7 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

viktor said:
Bro, you bumped a thread from 14 years ago... Hell I hadn't even done cannabis back then...

:bringiton:

--------------------
The universe is a womb for the genesis of gods

OfflineEnlightened7
Researcher
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: Metasyn]
    #24148442 - 03/09/17 10:01 AM (7 years, 21 days ago)

I joined this board today and only did so after extensive experience in this matter and the use of scientific facts as they can best be referenced.  There is a brain scan study using what I believe to be fMRI, and is published in a number of scientific reports regarding what happens to your brain when one ingests psilocybin.  I believe psilocybin should act as a control in a study while other more natural approaches are tested to determine if it is possible to achieve that Brain state without the chemical.

There are similar reports throughout history of a central theme here both done with and without the use of psilocybin.  Edgar Cayce was able to place himself in a subconscious trance and access what he called the Akashik  records in order to heal people and give a world history among many other things.  Detailed records were kept as well as follow up information.  It also appears that Cayce could be influenced by the subjects he was performing readings for and his own subconscious.

Maria Sabina is another psilocybin induced healer that essentially caused a peak in the interest in the whole psilocybin culture.  She was a Mazatec curabdera.  She was fist visited by R. Gordon Wasson and Albert Hoffman who went to Mexico to meet with her.  She used psilocybin to heal people only and did so with remarkable accuracy.

Lastly we have Terrance McKenna who states that he met the mushroom entity that exist in the mycelium of the Colombian jungle at La Chorrera.  The mushroom entity as he states Explained a lot to him that also is similar to what Edgar Cayce and Maria Sabina reported.

So Edgar Cayce was able to access the universal mind without hallucinogens.  Maria Sabina and Terrance McKenna both used hallucinogens to access the universal mind.

I am convinced there is a connection and I am pretty sure I can now offer the best evidence that exist today of the what, whys and how's.  I decided that this introduction would be my first post and hopefully provide a good topic for discussion.  If there is a mushroom entity perhaps he now thins it's time for a change.

Lastly, all of this came to me in a vision when I was not on medication or hallucinogens but was under the worst hardship of my life.  I studied extensively.  I have use some of these hallucinogens  for two reasons, to heal and to experience the universal mind.  I have healed immeasurably  and perhaps the most important conclusion I have reached is that our life essence is made up of the physical and the spiritual.  We live in a physical selfish world and rig now we are all horribly out of balance.  I believe that psilocybin came back into the foray to  bring that balance back to humanity.

I have found that in the past, not saying what years, however, during my psilocybin experiences, I was immersed in my internal issues as if in a cleansing while the chemical was active in my body.  Then those issues melted away and the next day, they were gone from my worries and anxiety.

--------------------
Elight

Edited by Enlightened7 (03/09/17 10:10 AM)

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: Enlightened7]
    #24150638 - 03/10/17 07:03 AM (7 years, 20 days ago)

Please pay more attention to Markos' posts, they are very valuable, well-written and largely correct AFAIK. :sunny:

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: beforethedawn]
    #24162926 - 03/14/17 09:12 PM (7 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

beforethedawn said:
Please pay more attention to Markos' posts, they are very valuable, well-written and largely correct AFAIK. :sunny:

:cheers: beforethedawn. But really, a 14 year old post? I was still too young to join AARP by a year. :lol:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: Inducing mystical experiences [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #24163026 - 03/14/17 10:00 PM (7 years, 16 days ago)

:lol: oh I see!

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds