Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Rest In Peace, Peter
    #2406043 - 03/07/04 10:27 AM (20 years, 26 days ago)

On the morning of Thursday, March 4 2004 my cousin Peter passed away. He fought a downhill battle against brain cancer for over a year. He was 70 years old.

Pete has been an enormous influence on my life. From him I learned the importance of being self-sufficient...of learning to do whatever I need to do so I can depend on getting it done. Pete's resourcefullness was truely mind-boggling and inspirational to me. I never knew him to raise his voice towards anyone; he dealt with everything in a caring way. His sons and daughters all grew to be extremely intelligent, caring, and thoughtful parents. They, as in everything Pete did, were evidence of his outlook on life.

In his last year, Pete took a personal interest in my life and my happiness. When I decided to leave University, he was there to counsel me. He helped me find out what it was I truely want out of life, and gave me the courage to strive for it against odds I thought would crush me. For this alone, I owe Pete more than I can ever give.

I had planned on visiting him this weekend, as his family informed me it would not be long before he left us all. As he passed away on thursday, I was unable to say my final goodbye.

Rest in peace, Pete...wherever you are! You will always be remembered in my heart.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: Rest In Peace, Peter [Re: trendal]
    #2406124 - 03/07/04 01:41 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

My condolences, trendal. :frown:

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#2406134 - 03/07/04 02:03 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

condolences to you and your family trendal.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2406142 - 03/07/04 02:11 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

One thing that has come of this, and the reason I posted this here in S&P, is that I am again spending much time thinking about the next step.

When I was a boy, being raised by catholic parents, I knew that when you died you either went to Heaven or Hell depending on what kind of person you were. It was then my goal to be the best person I could be, so that I may go to Heaven.

In my adolescence, as the first tendrils of rebel thoughts entered my mind and I began to give up my religion, I embraced the notion that this existence is all we have. I felt a strange comfort in knowing that I had only this time, now, to live as I should and would. I thought that nothing could exist, after this. Some thought this a stark, cold view of Life...I thought it exhilerating.

As I approached adulthood, and now in my early adulthood, I gave up my previous belief systems as well as I could. No longer, I thought, would I hold something "true" without proper evidence. The Afterlife, then, I could not nail down. I am not dead yet, I'm quite sure, and so can have no knowledge of an afterlife. Instead I have many theories, and they change by the day. In my heart, I hope that this is not all we have...that there is something beyond waiting for us. Fresh tendrils lead to thoughts of different forms of existence. Surely we do not "cease" to exist at death...our bodies and the energy contained within disperse into the biosphere and perhaps beyond. Perhaps, then, what I had really mistaken all along was how (or in what form) we can exist after this life...

I'd like to hear your thoughts on "the next step" as well as what you hope is true!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2406684 - 03/08/04 09:32 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

hope you are feeling better trendal!!!  :heart:

"I'd like to hear your thoughts on "the next step" as well as what you hope is true!"

I was thinking of this while with baby woodrose :smile:.

what do I hope for??? good question.

TO me, the fact that I think I exist here kinda of surprised me when I first thought about it for a while.  Sure Energy in= energy out, but where did matter come from?  what IS space??  is it really space at all?  I moved further along racking my brain more and more for answers, and yet the more "answers" or "ideas" i got more popped up on the way.

Isn't it interesting to note that humans can think of things that doesn't directly relate to experience? especially with explaining how everything panned out.  i don't know of anyone who could tell me how that happened. how could they?

sure we have ideas, but what are really useful are questions.  answers to questions will lead to more questions and so on. this is only a belief but I don't think it will ever end. if there are infinite possibilities, then yeah, anything could happen.  strange HAS happened.

GOd is here to juge you!  really??  damn that's kinda gay if you ask me, how is a higher being like god going to judge our merits when we are less than perfect? just another question ya know

for evidence of the next step all I can say ther are numerous out of body experience reports, even for those with near death experiences.  now they all could be bunk sure!!  kinda doubtful.  if we were to operate safely under the assumption that this did happen, then that shows that conscious does in fact live on through different modes of reality. And that is an encouraging thought :wink:

again....do you believe in these reports?  are these ALL desperate people who just are starving for attention?  could be. 

I hope that consciousness does in fact live beyond this existence.

Sometimes I think that all we really are doing is waiting to die (not trying to sound morbid here, why can't death be a celebration?). There is so much noise about...maybe one thing about dying is to know what true silence really "is"  we are never silent, and that's another thing that I question often.  why is the internal dialogue going, even when I tell myself to shut up. (this goes back to essence but I won't go into that right now :smile:).  having myself and the rest of the world quiet with only nature as noise is peace...(belief)

for now though, since I am here, I will enjoy this crazy, insane world, without much hope. hope to me is imagined...and it's based off of a response from the ego. I like life because it doesn't depend on your ego, how you handle it does!  notice how things just pop up out of know where, life throws you yet another curveball, it's kinda what makes life intersting..you know?  and most of the time the same shit happens over and over?  find yourself getting pissed a lot...maybe life is telling you to look at yourself a littel closer and ask (why are we tripping the way we do?)  hehe it's endless man...

questions.....

how can we learn how and what succeeding really feels like without hardship to overcome?  without difficulty, we can't grow, can we???
is the the point?  point??? point..............
:spliff:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2409099 - 03/08/04 09:31 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Oddly, Trendal, on the preceding Thursday, my favorite cousin also died, so you have my special condolences. The really strange thing about my cousin Bruce, is that he called me last spring sometime - the first time in 32 years!!!!! When his father suicided in 1969, he flipped out, left college and began to live in foreign countries. I wrote to him in a Bolivian prison sometime between 1976-78, sending this Jewish 1st cousin with only drugs for a religion, a message about Jesus. Didn't hear from him til 2003, and he was sick with liver disease, supposedly of unknown type. However, his younger brother Michael, whom I tracked down, told me that Bruce had been shooting heroin since high school (1968).

This is the athletic guy who was my big brother role model, who taught me to water ski, who won swim races doing the butterfly stroke at age 10, who was the first to have a black light and posters, and turned me onto Cream's 'Disraeli Gears' album. This was the guy who borrowed the triple-beam balance from my home lab, and layed me onto some hashish for the trouble. All the hottest 12th grade girls dug him while I admired from a lowly, childish 10th grader's perspective. Bruce sounded the shofar in temple during Yom Kippur when he was only 14. He took the first LSD of anyone I knew of. In a word - Bruce was cool.

Though I found out only now that he had helped rob a pharmacy for drugs 30+ years ago, and spent pretty much his whole life "avoiding the Truth," as his younger (recovering addict) brother said, and staying high on narcotics while rejecting his family - I missed cousin Bruce all these years, and now he's ashes over Mexico.

I too had hoped to see him again. He actually lived in Miami for a couple of years and we never (or I never) knew it. So, the same goes for me Trendal, and thanks for the words: Rest in peace Bruce...wherever you are! You will always be remembered in my heart.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2409207 - 03/08/04 09:57 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

A very deep issue to ponder (and one that has no answer 'this side of the veil')...

There comes a point where you have to choose to believe something which can, perhaps, never be proven in a physical sense if you want to chase this further.

I have passed that point (and made my choice) and hope you can take some comfort in other's faith, if not your own.

Peter is alive (I truly believe that). I don't know where (or if that is even an applicable word...), but I firmly believe that he is not only alive, but happy and enjoying the fruit of a life fully and well lived.

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Rest In Peace, Peter [Re: sakura]
    #2409235 - 03/08/04 10:01 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

I'm sorry for your losses, trendal and Markos. Peace.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2410011 - 03/09/04 03:36 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Trendal, thats a terrible loss and im sorry to hear it.

At least you can take comfort in the fact that you had the chance do develop a very positive and satisfying relationship with him during his time here.

Take care

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2410029 - 03/09/04 04:02 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Wow... listening to Acoustic Medley right now, what a fitting ambience on my thoughts I was having as I read this....

The oppurtunity we have here to learn from others.. it is amazing. We are all in this together and we all do our part in pushing this species along...

My deepest condolences. I haven't had a lot of loss like that, except an uncle that killed himself... I was sort of young and I didn't really know him much at all, just saw him when like we would have family get-togethers and everything.. I think I didn't really think about it much at the time.

Most of us never really think about what life is until someone who means so much to us loses it... I think the impermanence of at least this physical reality is something we all need to keep in mind.

They might not physically be there, but their true self is still here and will continue on the path of learning and evolving, as is the same for all of us... knowing that there is no end and that life continues living and growing is always a nice perspective. :wink:
Peace.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #2412167 - 03/09/04 07:36 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

WOW!? trendal and markos my brother died this past thursday too. My condolences to you guys, now i know how it feels :crying:

R.I.P
to all of them :gd_icon:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Rest In Peace, Peter [Re: buckwheat]
    #2412357 - 03/09/04 08:16 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

mindcandy, I'm sorry about your brother. I haven't lost anyone close to me yet, so I can't really empathize with any of you. But I'm very, very sorry for the loss you guys have encountered.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Rest In Peace, Peter [Re: buckwheat]
    #2413424 - 03/10/04 12:53 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

To mindcandy and markos:

That's really quite amazing that we've all experienced a loss in the family over the past two thursdays! My heart goes out to both of you!

My cousin Pete said, before he died, that he did not want us to mourn his death...but to celebrate his Life. I have done my best to take this to heart, as it falls along quite nicely with what I have always thought about death. It should not be a time of tears and sorrow...but a time to remember a life lived and the times we spent with our loved ones.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2414595 - 03/10/04 11:06 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

May Pete find solace and peace on the other side

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order