Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineleegol_eyes
dazed n'confused
what have i done and what should i do?
    #2414302 - 03/10/04 09:23 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

alright this would be my first grow and im just using a couple mycogrow bags knocked up with PCs.first of all it took almost two month for my bag to get where they are, and they are only a little over half colinated and aits not very thick colonizationeither, but anyway about 3 days ago i told myself i had to try to fruit them cause they were taking way longer then expected so i dropped the temp from 84 to about 70 (using heating pad for heat in basement, hard to control exactly) so they are just sitting on that. I have gave them about 6 hrs of light a day for 3 days and still nothing, they feel really cold to the touch, and once again only half the substrate is colonized. So my question is, did i make a bad judgement by trying to fruit them? and if so where should i go from here, i was thinking about buying a container to put the bags in so the heating pad can heat air around the bags instead of just the bags themselves. but thats kind of besides the point, what i really wanna know is should i continue trying to fruit or is it possible to go back and continue mycelium growth.and anythoughts on why it has taken so long to colonize?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

Re: what have i done and what should i do? [Re: leegol_eyes]
    #2414336 - 03/10/04 09:32 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

let me ask you this. Did the upper half of the bag colonize much faster and better than the bottom? What happens with the direct contact with the heating source in my experience is the bottom gets a little dry, and obviously too warm to promote mycelial growth.

I dunno how much luck you will have fruiting those if they're not colonized completely. It could work I've never tried those mycobags before. I would advise building an incubator, they're relatively affordable, you could build one for like 30 bucks probably. After two months however i would think the grains that are uncolonized, and possibly some that are colonized, are going to be a little dry.

If I were you I would remove the colonized part, case it and fruit it. But if you don't feel comfortable with that you can do one of two things.

1.) Put them in your new incubator and hope they start growing again.

2.) Try fruiting them as they are.

But in any case I've never used these mycobags, so a little more info would help, maybe some pictures if you can.

Offlineleegol_eyes
dazed n'confused
Re: what have i done and what should i do? [Re: benjamin]
    #2414356 - 03/10/04 09:36 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

yeh just the top pretty much is clonized, there is water sating in the bag still, is it even possible for it to go into the mycelium stage again?

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2414368 - 03/10/04 09:42 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

sure, you can change the conditions back to those optimal for mycelial growth. I would say the heating pad method is a bust, the bottom of your bag is too hot. But thats a good thing you've still got moisture in the bag. Now. If i were you I'd build an incubator, shake those up and let em colonize. If you do everything right you ought to be able to get those babies crankin again. I recommend what i think is called the alien incubator, it uses the radiated heat (a fishtank heater in a jug of water inside a rubbermaid). I prefer this method to tub in tub, i find i can get a much more consistent temperature that is even throughout the whole chamber.

So in conclusion:

1.) Make an incubator, check out any one of the teks in the incubator section. I recommend alien but you may find through experience something else works better for you.

2.) Shake your bags up, distribute the colonized substrate evenly throughout the bag, and redistribute moisture.

3.) Put em in the incubator and wait.

Good luck.

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2414374 - 03/10/04 09:44 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

btw, with any of the incubation techniques you should aim for a temp around 82-84 farehnheit. Optimal conditions are 86 degrees, but the jars will be a little warmer than the air. With the alien tek go with the higher end of that 82-84 range. Tub in tub go lower end.

Offlineleegol_eyes
dazed n'confused
Re: what have i done and what should i do? [Re: benjamin]
    #2414379 - 03/10/04 09:46 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

thx alot, do u know of a link to incubators teks?

Offlinebenjamin
da shroom

#2414400 - 03/10/04 09:53 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

do a search, btw its not called the alien incubator, that's a different one. I couldn't find the one i wanted in the shroomery teks, but this one is the same idea.

http://www.kalyx.com/catalog/incubation.htm

Offlineleegol_eyes
dazed n'confused
    #2414405 - 03/10/04 09:55 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

nvm found incubators,cnat find that alien tek though, theres one called aliens incubator, but its just another tub in tub

Offlineleegol_eyes
dazed n'confused
    #2414415 - 03/10/04 09:59 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

alright thx

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck