Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
A cow spoke to me
    #2412815 - 03/09/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I was going on a walk last night out in the country. I passed several farms, and every time I passed a herd of cows, they stared at me like I was an idiot. Night was falling and I passed a bunch of cows that were mooing incessantly. Suddenly, a cow that sounded like Peter Frampton's guitar with the voice box, said "Get him!" The cows fell quiet and stared at me. It was the funniest thing.

Everybody who doesn't think animals use language will now have to eat crow.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: A cow spoke to me [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2413021 - 03/10/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Either they were small farms or you walked for a long time.

If you were out walking for a long time in the evening, either you were up to no good or you have no life.

If you were out walking for a long time, I can tell you of better ways to get a cardio-vascular work-out, in less time than it takes to walk past several farms.

If you have no life, I'm sorry.

If you were up to no good, please tell us what you did.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Re: A cow spoke to me [Re: Frog]
    #2413139 - 03/10/04 01:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Either they were small farms or you walked for a long time.

I walked about 6 miles. They were fairly small farms.

Quote:

If you were out walking for a long time in the evening, either you were up to no good or you have no life.

I have no social life. This website is my interaction with people.

Quote:

If you were out walking for a long time, I can tell you of better ways to get a cardio-vascular work-out, in less time than it takes to walk past several farms.

Sometimes a bear needs to be by itself.

Quote:

If you have no life, I'm sorry.

I'm not. I'm self sufficient. I can have an enjoyable evening by myself without spending any money.

The point was the cow talked to me.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2413290 - 03/10/04 02:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I was just teasing you about having no life.  Sometimes I joke about myself having no life, but I choose the life I have.  I find that there is more equitable companionship on this forum than I could possibly find out there, hanging around somewhere.  This is much more entertaining.

Personally, though, I don't like to be by myself.  I can BE by myself, but I prefer people.  I need to be entertained.  I can't be entertained by being alone because my thoughts aren't that entertaining.  They just make my brain hurt.  Give me people! 

And actually, on this note, and because I'm thinking about it, I discovered tonight that my brain thinks differently than most people's brains do.  :grin:

I know of at least one person who is laughing his/her ass off right now, but it's true.

Okay, now back to your point.  The cow talked to you.  Why do you think the cow said "get him"?? 

When I was married, and this wasn't the reason we divorced, but my then-husband told me that he was in the bedroom one night and the door was shut, and he heard a voice say, from the other side of the door, "Let me in".  He opened the door, and the cat was sitting there and walked right in after the door was opened.  Very weird.  My ex, that is.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2413300 - 03/10/04 02:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

animals totally use language, they just don't use "official" words...

My dog expresses her vibe to me all the time, very clearly

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2413305 - 03/10/04 02:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

rofl its funny you said the cows were looking at you like you were an idiot :smile:

I think that about animals all the time, wondering if, while I'm looking at the animal thinking "hehe this thing's kinda dumb," its probably looking back at me thinking "what a dumbass race these creatures are.."

really man what must animals think of us? what restless chaotic animals we have become

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Re: A cow spoke to me [Re: Frog]
    #2413336 - 03/10/04 02:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Well, I was just teasing you about having no life.

I know, I was just killing your joke.  Humor is like a human, when you dissect it, it dies. :lol:

Quote:

When I was married, and this wasn't the reason we divorced, but my then-husband told me that he was in the bedroom one night and the door was shut, and he heard a voice say, from the other side of the door, "Let me in". He opened the door, and the cat was sitting there and walked right in after the door was opened. Very weird.

One time I asked my dog how the world was treating him, and he said

"Rough."

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Re: A cow spoke to me [Re: Strumpling]
    #2413344 - 03/10/04 02:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I think that about animals all the time, wondering if, while I'm looking at the animal thinking "hehe this thing's kinda dumb," its probably looking back at me thinking "what a dumbass race these creatures are.."

really man what must animals think of us? what restless chaotic animals we have become

Yeah, I think about that too. Cats always give me that mean look like "You IDIOT!"

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2413421 - 03/10/04 02:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah my dog often looks at me with a kind of "damn dude CHILL OUT!" vibe :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Re: A cow spoke to me [Re: Strumpling]
    #2413431 - 03/10/04 02:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

There is this one cat that is really playful that tries to attack me when I pet him.  He purrs while I pet his head, but then he arches into striking position, springs foward, grabs my wrist, and tries to bite my hand.  I just arch my palm and spread my fingers over his skull so that he can't really bite into me, and then he just wrestles my hand.  I take my hand away and he waits to do it again.  Every once in a while he is fast enough to bite me, but he is no match when I use both hands.  I'll come at him with my right hand from his left, wiggling my fingers to distract him, and then poke him with my left hand.  He growls about that though.  :lol:

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2413445 - 03/10/04 03:07 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Once when I was young a friend of mine and I snuck out of our houses late at night. We met up on a railway bridge that went over the river my town was named after.

As we stood there on the bridge, we heard someone shout "HEY!". We both crouched down low and tried to be as quiet as possible...but heard nothing else.

A few minutes later we again heard someone call out "HEY!" only this time it was louder. My friend, thinking it was another friend of ours coming to meet us, called out "What? We're here!". There was no reply.

We decided to sneak down towards where the sound had come from, to try and discover who it was. This was on the edge of town and the houses were spread out. We approached the area where we thought the person was, and this time heard the noise again much closer.

It was a lamb, bleeting by itself in the middle of the night on a small hobby farm. :smirk:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Re: A cow spoke to me [Re: trendal]
    #2413451 - 03/10/04 03:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I know where this one is going. :lol:

One time I was walking down a road ( :stash:) at night, and this mean dog confronted me.  He was growling and approached me low.  We had a stare down for like 5 minutes.  There was communication going on there.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Edited by SpecialEd (03/10/04 03:12 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology