Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Loc: sudbury, ontario
salvia way too weird?
    #2412756 - 03/09/04 11:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hello all. i am VERY interested in the effects of salvia, however i have not yet been able to experience them sucessfully. i posted a few weeks ago about the short duration of my trips, and was informed that it was natural (i wanted to continue that thread as it was very helpful, but it seems to have disappeared). i now have yet another problem that i hope you can help me with.

my first salvia trip, as i said, was very short. and although it lasted only 30 seconds, it was quite disturbing. however i was determined to 'enjoy' an experience and get something good out of it at least once.

unfortunately, due to fear, i could not dose anything more than i had smoked my first time. also, it took me a few days to gather the courage to try it again. when i did finally smoke it, the effects were minimal, aside from one prominent effect which was that i became strangely aware of my own skeletal system (needless to say, anyone could find this very unsettling). this was my last experience.

i STILL am very interested and have read so many amazing reports that i cant get sally out of my mind. today i bought another gram of 10x extract, but im having trouble smoking it.

i have taken mushrooms on a number of occasions and find them to be very enjoyable. i have also had a horrible experience with them which i endured alone for 8 hours in my bed. i have continued to use mushrooms and love them, and this is what motivates me to give salvia another chance.

some questions:

- there is a period where the mushroom onset is unpleasant, but then suddenly they kick in and everything is great. on low doses i dont reach the 'end' of this strange onset feeling. i wonder, am i not smoking enough salvia? is there a dose that is 'too little' and unpleasant? does this make sense to anyone?

- would anyone recommend an ideal 'location' for smoking? perhaps in my room on my bed would be the best place. does anyone agree?

- i have a bong and a pipe, both glass, no torch lighter. which would be better?

- with marijuana or without? i havent taken it 'with' yet, and heard that alone its better. (marijuana calms the mushroom onset)

if im forgetting anything ill post it later, but if anyone has ANYTHING to recommend please do so. any help is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
lime and limpid green the sound surrounds the icy waters underground

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: salvia way too weird? [Re: toofew]
    #2412911 - 03/10/04 12:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Was this your other salvia post?

I suggest a warm day. Go to an open field late at night. smoke your salvia, I suggest 3-4 bowls of plain leaf, but if you've got 10x, however you're comfortable with.

You should have a sitter to handle the bong and make sure you don't spill anything. I usually don't get up and want to walk towards the force, but rather prefer to lay down and head straight into dreamland.

At low dose, or early/first bowl, salvia can just feel like distortion/contortions, but If you "breakthrough" as they say, you'll be treated to feats of imagination unequaled by psilocybin and LSD.

Imagine living as someone else for a time. Never having been yourself, but rather, played a sports game with all the thoughts and intuition of another person for a short time. Have you ever returned from salvia space with the life's knowledge of an alien?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Edited by recalcitrant (03/10/04 12:33 AM)

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Re: salvia way too weird? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2412919 - 03/10/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

aha there it is. i just had to click my username and check my past posts... how simple.

thanks, no one has recommended night though i heard a dark room was good. i also feel very comfortable (comfortable HA!) laying down with my eyes closed, i will do this in the future.

--------------------

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2413236 - 03/10/04 01:49 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

1. I refer to that period on mush as "the poisoning." Salvia has the ability to intoxicate, but it's true magic is experienced in some other strange spacetime.

for example. i suggest you prepare 3-4 bowls of plain leaf. First bowl will be nothing probably, second bowl will be "the drain," third will be the start of "the loss," and if you manage a forth, your likely to be broadcast in "SalviAround Scape."

2. Outside is my location of choice. Pref. in an open field. Cliffs and other scenic vistas are useless for salvia, IMO. Salvia isn't like taking mush and enhancing/altering reality, it is it's own reality. Plus a cliff is hella dangerous for someone on salvia, they could easily jump straight off.

3. gotta go with bong. salvia vaporizes at a higher temp than weed, so many recomend a hot torch lighter. This isn't needed as salvia is still going to be absorbed if you turn it into smoke. And the bong may make the smoke irriating, but its much better than being hot.

4. I have only mixed salvia with weed once. The salvia experience was no more intense, but the weed stone was altered for the comedown of salvia. If you want to be stoned for when you come out of salvia space so you can have stoned thoughts about your experience, then that could be a usefull combo.

SITTER?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Re: salvia way too weird? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2414200 - 03/10/04 11:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ok great. i agree with outside, but its still winter unfortunately. i believe that i may wait till summer to try again. i cant get any plain leaf around here, ill probably have to order it off the internet (which i really dont want to do). growing it myself would be easier if i could get some seeds or clippings.

i know sitters are highly recommended but i dont really know anyone who will take salvia seriously. ill try to find someone though.

thanks for your post

--------------------

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#2414316 - 03/10/04 11:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Salvia is completely crazy..but it seems to work out nicely. I find it effective with reglar leaf and a few bong hits. I'll be sitting there..hitting it..starting to feel this body/head outward expansion getting higher feeling..waiting..and BLAM!! I often get the sensation of seeing these interlocking hexagon shapes in a black void..each seems to be a universe unto it self, or the basic grid of reality, or something like that. And its like the whole operation is rotating complexy, like interlocking gears. And I'm in the middle of it. I tend to think that I just unmade existance or blew myself out of this reality. Or that I will be for ever stuck as a part of these gears of the universe. But the next thing I know I'm back on my bed. I still figure that I'm dead or everything has changed for a few minutes..but no, it seems that salvia simply packs the most intense trip possible into a minute or two and you feel normal a couple minutes later. It feels good, like I've survived something completely insane, even if it is in actuallity completely safe.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #2414889 - 03/10/04 02:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

toofew said:

i know sitters are highly recommended but i dont really know anyone who will take salvia seriously. ill try to find someone though.

I would really really hope you find one, because not doing so would be very immature. Wait if you cant find one?

I experienced superhuman strength on salvia (completely unaware that i had a body, or lived in a physical realm) and my friend says i would have walked right through everything in his room and then through the wall at top speed.

Watch yourself - Oh wait - You wont be able to until you awaken bloodied and follow the trail of destruction and try and pair it up to your injuries.

Best of luck.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Re: salvia way too weird? [Re: PDU]
    #2415030 - 03/10/04 02:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

very immature is what my friends are, and the last sitter i had can be quoted saying "are you gonna smoke it, cause i dont have all day". true story, and i didnt end up smoking any because of this. i have read many frightening stories of people who come out of salvia trips with broken arms etc.. so im aware that a sitter is HIGHLY recommended. thank you for reinforcing that though, i will definitely bring someone along everytime. i really doubt that ill be walking around on salvia, but as many have said there is no control of ones self.

once again id like to add that i cannot get the regular leaf, or anything less than 10x. this is very unfortunate, and i believe that 10x is dangerously strong (for me). there is a VERY fine line between too much and too little.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #2417226 - 03/11/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, i know how it is. I like tripping solo on mushrooms even though having a sitter is recommended - and sometimes when im on mushrooms i like to smoke salvia - but as great as that want is, i wont. Ive smoked salvia a handfull of times, perhaps 7 - and only once did i stand and exert force, and only once have i see anyone else do the same. However, that one time, after i came down i was told of what happened and had to recollect. I had NO idea any of what was told me had happened.

Anyways - I think you need be able to be mature enough to practice set and setting with the right people, or maybe wait until you are.

I dont mean to be harsh, but its not hard to do. You say your friends are immature - well sit one down - a best friend. Make them take you seriously, and say something along the lines of this:

"alright, so here's whats gonna happen. This *holds up sack* is Salvia divornium, it is a species of sage from mexico, and no smoking the sage from your spice rack will not get you high. So, The objective is to smoke a bongfull of *this* plant matter as hard and deep into your lungs as humanly possible and hold until it hurts and then a little bit more this may be 1-4 hard tokes. Upon exhaling i will be launched into an unimaginately out of body experience FAR beyond comprehension - *I* will not be there, i will not be able to speak or communicate in any manner, my body may react in a number of ways - incoherent talking, laughing, sweating, running, unhumanly strength and any number of other things - THIS is why i need you here, I chose you because i trust you and i would like to go into this with your blessings. Please sit me through this, in a calm and constructive manner."

And perhaps tell him abit about his role:

"Sitters obligations included sitting in the setting of your choice in a positive manner, and doing nothing but staying out of the way and taking the bong from you, unless furthur need arises."

And if you cant do this, then i dont think your ready for substances of this power.

Take it easy.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineGanjaNamja
enthusiast

#2417361 - 03/11/04 01:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i tried it once...smoked 3 bowls...didn't do shit..i hate the taste of it too...but i also didn't have the proper smoking utensils to make it work

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience