Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Nesters
    #2408804 - 03/08/04 08:10 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

Here in Kansas, we recieved continual rainfall last week. Many people incured flood damage to their property, and I did some temp work for a cleaning company.

This house in the suburbs had flood damage in their basement and we had to get everything out of their basement so we could remove carpet and replace damp dry wall. The problem was these people were nesters!

Their home was full of junk. It was stacked from floor to ceiling in every room. There were clear pathways connecting the rooms, but everything else was packed!

It took a crew of 8 people 8 hours to remove everything from the basement. The basement was like 700-900 square feet, and we filled two 30 foot trucks and a commercial dumpster with their crap.

The whole time, the obese homeowners were fretting about their possesions while we worked. It was so sad.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Nesters [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2409081 - 03/08/04 09:29 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

coo coo

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2410490 - 03/09/04 09:12 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

I wonder what it is that causes people to do this. I know that after the Great Depression, people hung onto everything that came their way, including strings that were wrapped around newspapers and fish. Nothing was thrown away, because you never knew when you might need it.

But I think nesters have a different mentality, don't they? Or is it the same things?

Actually, I found this:

Pack Rats

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Edited by Frog (03/09/04 09:22 AM)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2411099 - 03/09/04 12:32 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

My parents do the same thing. They won't throw anything away under the excuse that they may someday need it. I took the liberty of cleaning the basement by shoveling, with a snow shovel, 23 large trashbags full of absolute worthless shit. There still in the attic, the garage (which has junk stacked chest high through out) and the rest of the house (including bedrooms) to deal with...

They grew up just after the great depression, so they must have gotten the keep everything mentality very early on... Still, I think the main problem is not that they find things collectible, but that they can't part with anything. When they can't find something, they buy another one of it. When something stops working, they buy another one but don't throw away the old. As a result, I've had to grow up in a pretty depressing atmosphere... though my parents seem "right at home"

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Nesters [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2412610 - 03/09/04 09:10 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

I kinda get people like your parents, whose collections stem from the great depression, but otherwise, I think it is a form of attachment that is unhealthy. Weights vs Wings.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Nesters [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2416430 - 03/10/04 06:34 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

"though my parents seem "right at home""

yes, I find myself seeming right at home amidst junk and clutter. I think it is a mental barrier that some people have yet to overcome. I think the way you keep your phsyical surroundings reflects upon your mental reality and mind organization at an alarming similarity.

Some people are neat freaks, nit picky about small details( at the extreme take the dude from Monk the tv show) and others are the exact opposite, and the grand spectrum between the two is filled...

I think if psycs. could look at a persons room they could learn alot more about the person then sitting there talking....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order