Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: multispore agar innoculation [Re: Scourge]
    #2407101 - 03/08/04 12:52 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Yeah, peroxide's good at killing all types of spores, including cube spores. If it is a multispore inocculation peroxidated agar won't let anything grow. Although, if in the slightest of concentrations it could work and has I believe Ganja/Paid/Loki tried this and it worked for him.

Pea ce - @cro

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: multispore agar innoculation [Re: mycohomme]
    #2411739 - 03/09/04 05:35 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Another good trick is to cool the inoculating loop in the agar of the receiving dish. This will leave a trace amount of agar on the loop and help when you use it to collect spores. Just touch it lightly to the print and thousands of spores will stick to it. Personally, I try to bury the spores in the petri dish by rotating the loop into the agar in one spot in the very center of the dish. I disagree with spreading or streaking the spores around the dish. Try to keep them all in the center, so after germination they can do that 'mushroom sex' thing easily, then sector into the various strains you would isolate.

Perhaps what blue helix is saying is he's never seen a 'multispore' created project refuse to fruit unless contaminated. I have, but that's not the issue. I always isolate until there are no more sectors, then fruit(or try to) each substrain. By keeping masters, I can determine the best fruiting isolate, then go back to the refrigerator and only grow out that one for future cycles. I've done this with every strain in my library. If I isolate ten substrains(sectors) from a petri dish, one might fruit very well, two might fruit so-so the way multispore would, and it is very common that the other seven won't ever set a pin.

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: multispore agar innoculation [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #2411747 - 03/09/04 05:39 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Also,
When using a spore syringe with agar, simply use one drop in the very center of the dish. Try to keep the dish flat when you wrap the parafilm around it to keep that drop right in the center. It will work better for you that way.

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale