Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

ashcroft's ill
    #2405058 - 03/04/04 11:30 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

i hope he gets well, but first i hope he has one of those near death experiences where ya meet the devil, then i hope he gets one of those lazy nurses who mix-up medications with your roommate, the post-op transvestite, then i hope his doctor recommends and does unnessary surgery, then i hope they have him take lots of unnecessary cat scans an other fun stuff. then i hope.....ADD YOUR WISH HERE :grin:

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: ashcroft's ill. let us hope, for hope is free [Re: mabus]
    #2405866 - 03/06/04 12:19 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

Ashcroft in Intensive Care with Pancreatitis

Mar 5, 4:51 PM (ET)

By James Vicini
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft is in intensive care at a local hospital because of a painful illness that involves inflammation of the pancreas, the Justice Department said on Friday.

Ashcroft, 61, who became the top U.S. legal officer in 2001 after a bitter confirmation battle following his appointment by President Bush, was suffering from a severe case of gallstone-caused pancreatitis, spokesman Mark Corallo said.

"He was admitted to intensive care for careful monitoring and is being treated with antibiotics," Corallo said.

Justice Department officials said Ashcroft was expected to be in the hospital for at least four or five days, and that he then could face surgery.

Ashcroft has been a target of criticism by civil liberties groups and some Democrats in Congress over the Bush administration's anti-terrorism policies adopted after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Ashcroft has defended the policies as necessary to prevent another attack and has strongly supported a sweeping anti-terror law that gave the government the power to tap phones, track Internet usage and cell phones and detain immigrants.

The illness usually begins with pain in the upper abdomen, and Ashcroft initially thought he had stomach flu, Corallo said.

It can occur when a small gallstone moves far enough into the bile duct to block the flow of pancreatic enzymes into the small intestine, causing sharp abdominal pain. The pancreas is a large gland behind the stomach.

According to the National Institutes of Health, about 80,000 cases of pancreatitis occur in the United States each year, and about 20 percent of them are severe.

"Acute pancreatitis can be a severe, life-threatening illness with many complications," it said in its information clearinghouse on digestive diseases.

CANCELED APPEARANCE IN VIRGINIA

On Thursday afternoon Ashcroft canceled a scheduled appearance in Alexandria, Virginia, to applaud the guilty verdict in a so-called Virginia jihad terror case because he believed he had a stomach flu.

"He went home and when the condition worsened, he was visited by White House Physician Daniel Parks, who advised that he go to the emergency room," Corallo said in a statement.

He said Ashcroft went to the George Washington University Hospital early on Thursday evening for an evaluation of his stomach complaints.

The illness was diagnosed after a full medical examination in the emergency room, Corallo said. "Doctors expect to know more within 48 hours," he said.

At a rally in New Orleans, Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry said of Ashcroft, "I hope everybody will say their prayers that he gets well. I don't know what the status is, but that is something that every single one of us has in our hearts and we will do that."

Kerry has frequently criticized Ashcroft as a right-wing zealot. His standard stump speech line that always draws huge applause is: "When I am president, we will have an attorney general whose name is not John Ashcroft."

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: ashcroft's ill. let us hope, for hope is free [Re: mabus]
    #2405892 - 03/06/04 12:33 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

It's an infection from wiping his ass with the Bill of Rights.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: ashcroft's ill. let us hope, for hope is free [Re: silversoul7]
    #2407894 - 03/08/04 04:20 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

HAHA, nice one SS7.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: ashcroft's ill. let us hope, for hope is free [Re: kindadank]
    #2407902 - 03/08/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

Thanks, but I can't really take credit for that one. I heard that one on Real Time with Bill Maher.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: ashcroft's ill [Re: mabus]
    #2407982 - 03/08/04 04:36 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

It's moments like these that cause me to question my values.

I believe that we are all one and that there is no hell that that "God"(us) loves each and every one of us equally. When I heard that Ashcroft was sick, I thought "You know, if he were to die it would be a good thing for humanity and it wouldn't hurt him because he would go to heaven."

I hate that I pervert my own spiritual beliefs like that sometimes. I hate that even though i've re-evaluated my stance on that issue that I haven't changed my stance. I hate that I jusify wanting Ashcroft to die just because "there is really no such thing as death".

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: ashcroft's ill [Re: Learyfan]
    #2408092 - 03/08/04 04:53 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

I don't wish death on anyone, even Ashcroft. I just wish unemployment upon him, as well as the rest of the Bush administration.

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2410204 - 03/09/04 07:10 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

doctors are removing ashvroft's gall bladder today.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2410230 - 03/09/04 07:30 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

to be fair, the green party which you have so vociferously supported doesn't take much stock in the constitution as it is written either.

InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
Re: ashcroft's ill [Re: silversoul7]
    #2410553 - 03/09/04 09:35 AM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I don't wish death on anyone, even Ashcroft.  I just wish unemployment upon him, as well as the rest of the Bush administration.

hear hear.  :thumbup:

MycoBag

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2411291 - 03/09/04 01:29 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-03-09-ashcroft-surgery_x.htm?csp=24

"The gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ that stores bile produced by the liver, shunting it as needed to the small intestine. Diet is not restricted after removal of the gallbladder, although some people suffer some recurring diarrhea."

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: ashcroft's ill [Re: MycoFactory]
    #2411548 - 03/09/04 02:59 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

I know that wishing that Ashcroft dies is wrong. I wish I didn't think like that. I don't wish harm on anyone either, but i'm wrongly justifying wanting Ashcroft to die because of my theory that "death isn't the worst thing that can happen to someone".

Someone change my mind about that.

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2411590 - 03/09/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

my theory that "death isn't the worst thing that can happen to someone".

Someone change my mind about that

i've rethought my original post where i said i hope he gets well. i think your right, i hope he kicks the bucket.

infidelGod's info on the gallbladder, "Diet is not restricted after removal of the gallbladder, although some people suffer some recurring diarrhea.", helped change my mind. Thats not bad enough, I though he'd suffer seriously for the rest of his life.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2411696 - 03/09/04 05:08 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Damnit Mabus, you're not supposed to think that way! You're supposed to convince me to change my mind!

All people are one. Love is the answer. You're not supposed to wish death on people. Even though Ashcroft and his policies are very bad for the human race, you shouldn't wish death on him.

I'm perverting my own philosophy by wishing death on Ashcroft. I'm telling myself that logically, if there is no hell and that death is wonderful, then it wouldn't be such a bad thing to be rid of such a bad man. That kind of thinking could be a slippery slope towards justifying all kinds of death.

I don't know. It's a huge ethical dilemma.  :nonono:

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2411758 - 03/09/04 05:42 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

It's a huge ethical dilemma 

LearyFan, it sure is but somebody had to destroy the death star.  :grin: "Only your hatred can destroy me." --Vader to Luke

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#2411851 - 03/09/04 06:06 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

You're right dude, but it just doesn't seem right.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2411871 - 03/09/04 06:10 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

God is punishing him, but he's too stupid to learn his lesson.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: ashcroft's ill [Re: Evolving]
    #2412152 - 03/09/04 07:32 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

God doesn't need to punish anyone. God doesn't need anything.

--------------------

OfflineShizpow
Street Samurai

Loc: Oregon
    #2416078 - 03/10/04 04:39 PM (20 years, 23 days ago)

Fuck Ashcroft hard and fast until he dies. Learyfan, I have to question your logic. You acknowledge that Saint John's death would make the world a better place, but then you show hesitance and resistance accepting that verdict. There is no moral dilemma here. Ashcroft is an evil man, a typical power mongering religious fanatic, and his death would be a wonderful thing. If and when he happens to die, be it pancreatic complications or a cinder block in the fucking teeth, I for one will celebrate. And I mean really celebrate...with a cookout and friends and a bottle of good whiskey. I guess it all comes down to what I think is probably the main difference between you and I. I don't feel any need to subscribe to the "intrinsic human value" spiel, and consequently have no compunction whatever about wishing a violent painful death on my enemies.

--------------------
If you cut a face lengthwise, urinate on it, and trample on it with straw sandles, it is said that the skin will come off. This was heard by the priest Gyojaku when he was in Kyoto. It is information to be treasured.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: ashcroft's ill [Re: Shizpow]
    #2418483 - 03/11/04 08:23 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

I don't know man. Everyone see's things differently. I just don't want to embrace those feelings. My goal is to be a living expression of my belief that we're all one and that love is the answer. I just don't think that I should be cultivating the type of energy that it takes to hope someone dies.

As I said, wishing Ashcroft dies no matter what the reason is a slippery slope to wishing death on all kinds of people.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates