Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCrave
Stranger

My main issue with rainbow gatherings
    #24099725 - 02/18/17 08:54 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I've only been to four in my life. I like the traveling family don't get me wrong. However I don't see it as much more then a traveling family of people who go to the woods to get high.

Sounds offensive doesn't it? Especially barking out something like that on the shroomery. Why though can't there be some family of people living mostly on their own that somewhat depend on certain resources in their area and don't just go from spot to spot living in the woods and getting high and depending on outside resources?

Please discuss intelligently.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: My main issue with rainbow gatherings [Re: Crave]
    #24099809 - 02/18/17 09:33 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I agree. But who are we to judge if it makes them happy. Different strokes for different folks. I personally, don't see the point. I find them to be somewhat ignorant to the world around them. Not bad people or anything like that, but just sort of foolish.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

OfflineCrave
Stranger

Re: My main issue with rainbow gatherings [Re: LRG]
    #24099916 - 02/18/17 10:20 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

What I'm saying though is they depend on money. The outside world is known as "Babylon" but all the resources they gather are from things bought outside the community.

I've never been to one where they grow a few plants nearby or cut down trees and build things with the trees cut down. Where they created their own spring and purified their own water. None of that. I haven't experienced it.

Outside of the gathering I have worked on farms, worked in carpentry, collected water, broken open rocks in the hope and attempt to find metals to melt down(didn't achieve this) at one point I obtained a commercial drivers license and drove transport, I've worked with metals but not so much melting steel, much more so assembly, fixed computers, fixed cars, cooked in a kitchen, etc. All this though I did in Babylon.

I've done drugs at the gatherings and gone on "errands for the group" and carried some supplies. No offense to them but to me the only resourcefulness I've experienced is rationing of what they use, where they clean themself etc.

Like I said I love the rainbow family, I could never see myself though joining the family. I don't plan to move back to the U.S. anyway. Regardless, I just kind of doubt that a society could exist where they depend on resources in the area anyway. If they did it sure isn't going to be achieved by traveling from national park to national park and depending on donations.

--------------------

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#24100132 - 02/18/17 12:06 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I think some people like the allure of such things just for drugs, others really feel like they would be coming home to family, and would be more focused on mingling with other people that might share their view of the world.

Some people start out using lots of drugs, then they hit a point where they feel like they don't need to use those drugs anymore to get to the point they want to be at mentally speaking, and usually turn to meditation, or other methods of mental liberation.  There are plenty of these types of people intertwined with the hippie scene. 

Not everyone involved in that scene is super wook lord king/queen of the lot, and only focused on getting spun.

It's like every scene, you have people that are there just to leech off of others in some way or another and don't really care why they are there, then you have people that are there that actually take matters seriously.

--------------------
©️

OfflineCrave
Stranger

Re: My main issue with rainbow gatherings [Re: Lucis]
    #24100260 - 02/18/17 01:15 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

That's true. Another note, I wonder if technology will ever become useful enough that if people know how to use it well enough they can live well enough off the grid to create a mostly self sustaining society.

I know no one will be driving to the next national forest any time soon with a 3d printer ready to create sustainable machines that can create sustainable machines that can create utensils people can survive with. It's an interesting concept though.

You can travel in an RV now with a fridge and t.v. inside and won't live too fancy or anything but you couldn't do that on a horse 200 years ago. Who knows how swag these gatherings will eventually get over time.

Or maybe never. Who knows. Only time will tell.

--------------------

OfflineCrave
Stranger

#24101006 - 02/18/17 06:50 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I have autism

--------------------

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#24101075 - 02/18/17 07:17 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Crave said:
I have autism

All the best people do. :hug:

Quote:

Crave said:
That's true. Another note, I wonder if technology will ever become useful enough that if people know how to use it well enough they can live well enough off the grid to create a mostly self sustaining society.

I know no one will be driving to the next national forest any time soon with a 3d printer ready to create sustainable machines that can create sustainable machines that can create utensils people can survive with. It's an interesting concept though.

You can travel in an RV now with a fridge and t.v. inside and won't live too fancy or anything but you couldn't do that on a horse 200 years ago. Who knows how swag these gatherings will eventually get over time.

Or maybe never. Who knows. Only time will tell.

It's crazy to see machines taking jobs, read about some place in China where 90% of a factory was laid off because machines were going to take their place, shits gnarly.

--------------------
©️

OfflineCrave
Stranger

Re: My main issue with rainbow gatherings [Re: Lucis]
    #24101265 - 02/18/17 08:11 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Well yeah they say automation is the way of the future. We've just passed through the industrial revolution and are now moving into the age of automation.

I've been saying for a long time now that robots will rule the world. If you think about it, a robot can do everything you can do, and do it better. Robots don't need to sleep every 15 hours, they don't get sad, they don't wither with time and die in 80 years.

My brother was telling me about a Harvard study they did on automation and the types of jobs least likely to be replaced by robots. They basically said that irs granted that robots can do it better, but its more about the degree of difficulty in engineering a machine to complete the tasks. You'll never guess what came in at number 1. They said a plumber is the most difficult job to automate and least likely to be replaced by robots, because of how varied the work is, and how they work in soo many different situations.

But in general, try to think of an example  of something a human can do better then a robot. My opinion is that there isn't any.

:smile:

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #24101283 - 02/18/17 08:16 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Crave said:
I have autism

No way

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds